• Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3181 (resized).JPG
stucflo (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgregb123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

Tweet bugs to @jjpsoftware. They do read it, even if they don't always respond. All of the bugs in your original post have already been reported. I have to say that I don't know who's answering that twitter handle, but they don't seem too receptive to suggestions.

For example, if you hit the start button during the match sequence because your kids are sleeping and you don't want the knocker to fire, the f'n game will fire it anyway if you would have matched. They actually told me this is intentional. I told them it's a ball-busting move. People have reasons for skipping it and may want it to run most of the time so turning match off isn't what we want.

If you collect BOB and SIM card right around the same moment, it will not give you credit for the SIM card even though both the SIM card hole and BOB have their own optos in the subway so the game DOES know you hit both (one ball will pass BOB opto, two balls will pass SIM opto). It rubbed me the wrong way that they kinda brushed off this bug.

The cell phone hole will not give you credit if there's a ball in it from one of the other holes. As this is a major shot in the game, it should have been designed like the swamp in TAF so you can hit it while there is a ball in there from the subway and it gives you credit. But NOPE. Big design flaw there, and it's physical so no fixing that.

I've had the black screen unresponsive issue while idle for 5 mins in test mode. Same as your issue but in test mode, not attract mode.

Coils fire in test mode without the coin door closed. They told me some jibberish about only having to cut 70v and that 20v is still live in test mode. I thought the coils ran on higher current than 20v....and if not, then what exactly are they cutting power to when coin door is open normally?? Why bother cutting "high power" if the high power stuff still runs? And....perhaps say so on the screen so some unsuspecting owner doesn't get jabbed with a coil unexpectedly. Big liability issue here. Very surprised.

Attack continues after multiball ends. JJP said that's to allow you to get the super jackpot...but it also takes out your flipper if you don't get it. If they wanted to add a 3-5 sec compensation time, they could behind the scenes as is done on every other game's jackpot-after-multiball-ends.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What part of test were you idling in when this happened?

I don't remember for sure but it was either the main menu or device tests (was adjusting the theatre magnet).

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, but for some reason they mylared OVER the theatre magnet instead of cutting out the middle of the mylar, so the mylar on the one here is bubbling over the magnet post in the theatre.

Yup....when I saw that I was like OH F*ck. Having done that to my Sparky magnet on Metallica (before I knew better to cut the magnet part out) and witnessing the sticky nasty mess as the mylar wore through the part where the magnet is, this is a future situation for a lot of people.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Anyone else experiencing problem with a ball caught behind the trap door while it is up?

Hopefully the logic on this game will get better. If the opto at the opening of BOB is triggered but not triggered again, and the switch at the end of BOB is not triggered....the game should know right away that the ball is stuck and pop down the trap door.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

A number of times now, I've hit the lit Sim Card shot when the trapdoor (left orbit) is also lit for Lock, and it scores the Lock instead of the Sim Card.

I told the JJP software team about this bug and they brushed it off. Sheesh. Def a bug as both holes have their own opto to know which was hit.

1 month later
#127 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Don't know if this has been reported, but when on the match screen, if you hit start while the match animation is playing, it will fire the knocker. It happens when I hit the button twice for two player games

I reported this a few months ago and the JJP guys on Twitter told me this is actual intentional if a match would have occurred. This is neither helpful to an operator or a home user. I like seeing the match sequence screen most of the time but at night when I want to keep it quiet because everyone is sleeping I hit start to avoid the knocker, but I learned the hard way you can't. Have to turn match off entirely. Just a bad implementation IMO and I hope future software allows this option "Knock anyway if match would occur" to be turned off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 22.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgregb123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-113-bugs-and-features?tu=mrgregb123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.