• Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3181 (resized).JPG
stucflo (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spankey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'd like to add a wishlist item:
- After beating/playing Showdown. The game should end - and you should get this end of game victory celebration of some sort plus a final end of game ball bonus; like 1 mil points for every extra ball you did not use, plus some other end of game bonuses like how you did overall or such. I know this sounds unorthodox-ed compared to what we're used to in pinball. But think about it, you beat the game....and now you start over with disasters again?

I'd disagree that the game should end but if you are going to replay the same disasters the game should get more difficult and try to shut the player down. No more kickbacks or multiballs, flipper "attacks" that take out both flippers for a longer period of time if you don't block the attack, more active magnets, etc. I do believe pinball is a game about score so increase the scoring but also make it more difficult.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I thought about this too, and when I beat showdown I did notice that kickback wasn't relighting even though it would say kick back is now lit. I also thought, oh they should use the magnets and attacks, almost forcing the players game to end. And while that would be fun, it doesn't make sense in a story lore format. You just beat the corporation yet now they're fighting you even harder and more abrupt? Not sure if that fits the story line.
An end with credits and way to go music has never been done in pinball. Fits the story line on this pin to do it IMO.

Except in some video games you do play them over on higher difficulties. Maybe if the game is set to easy, after beating it, it automatically sets itself to Medium difficulty and so on. Higher points but higher risk.

This is also an area where I would love to see a game offer achievements. Complete certain objectives on a certain difficulty or time limit.

I know this game has a "story" and I do like the fact that it is pretty non-linear, but this is why I do prefer games that are more random (AC/DC) where you feel like your main objective is getting the highest score.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spankey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-113-bugs-and-features?tu=Spankey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.