• Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3181 (resized).JPG
stucflo (resized).jpg
There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Yes, yes...I suppose. But it doesn't mix and match. It's all one way or the other - feels more like a bug.

I mean it would be more "irregular" changing each time I agree.

Fix? I didn't see the right inlane hurry up noted anywhere; what's the deal with it? It says to hit the right ramp but there is no red light lit on that shot.

2 weeks later
#102 6 years ago

What is the easy fix people have talked about for the squeaking arm?

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

What is the easy fix people have talked about for the squeaking arm?

I used a tiny bit of graphite dry lube (do NOT use WD 40).

#104 6 years ago

Jesus what a battle to get in the back box... Anyway my game smoked the J106 fuse and I don't have any of these baby fuses... What's everyone using like an old school silver dime?

4 weeks later
#105 6 years ago

Hey guys, my DI LE arrived today. Great looking pin and a really fun game all around.

After about 20 games, I notice a bunch of my lower pf insert LEDs weren't lighting up.

When I went into the test menu for all LEDs/flashers, the same lower LEDs didn't function, ie: none of the lower laser beam LEDs lit and a number of the other lower pf inserts stayed dark.

I'm not overly tech savvy and any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Hey guys, my DI LE arrived today. Great looking pin and a really fun game all around.
After about 20 games, I notice a bunch of my lower pf insert LEDs weren't lighting up.
When I went into the test menu for all LEDs/flashers, the same lower LEDs didn't function, ie: none of the lower laser beam LEDs lit and a number of the other lower pf inserts stayed dark.
I'm not overly tech savvy and any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Check the connections into the computer box. One probably wiggled loose.

#107 6 years ago

Vireland, Lloyd had also just emailed suggesting I check the connectors. Thanks for the tip.
I will do this tomorrow once I download the manual.
Regarding your advice above, I'm not much of a pin tech, where is the computer box located? (Ie: under the pf or behind the back glass?)
Appreciate the assistance.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Vireland, Lloyd had also just emailed suggesting I check the connectors. Thanks for the tip.
I will do this tomorrow once I download the manual.
Regarding your advice above, I'm not much of a pin tech, where is the computer box located? (Ie: under the pf or behind the back glass?)
Appreciate the assistance.

It's in the backbox, behind the monitor. The monitor is a little tricky to swing out, so take your time with it.

#109 6 years ago

Bunch of boards under the playfield that the lights work off of.... probably just lose connector from shipping.

#110 6 years ago

Thanks Vireland and Bigd, I will start with the boards under the pf (as easier to access) and check behind the backbox if I can't locate any loose connectors.

Regardless of this small issue, my family are all loving the game. It's our first JJP purchase. All shots are very smooth and the pin plays & looks awesome.

#111 6 years ago

Also under the playfield you will find a BAG controller board and an RGB controller board. These have connectors that each represent a different string of LEDs. One of them may have backed out of its socket and need to be reseated. I'd check there first.

#112 6 years ago

Quick follow up on this: sure enough, there were a few loose connectors and once re-seated, every led works perfectly.
Thanks to each of you for the suggestions- it was much appreciated.
Looking forward to getting some serious time on this pin.
So far, really enjoying the smooth flow, interactive toys and the fun rules.
No doubt the pin looks beautiful- really great job by Lawlor and JJP.

#113 6 years ago

Bug: when Mystery Package is lit during EMP or Volcano, it appears to be scored when hit (there's the whiparound, where the ball in those modes would normally just be dropped, but there's no indication or callout defining the award. If either Transit, Kilowatt, or Spider is lit with the Mystery Package, the T, K or S award value is shown, but the Mystery remains a mystery.

Also with the Theater Magnet: when the Theater is hit to start Showdown, the ball drop at the start of the (lengthy) intro sequence is inconsistent. You'd think it'd be better for the game to not have the magnet on that whole time.

Also with magnets: the "catch" when the target is hit to light a Mystery Package is _very_ inconsistent.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Bug: when Mystery Package is lit during EMP or Volcano, it appears to be scored when hit (there's the whiparound, where the ball in those modes would normally just be dropped, but there's no indication or callout defining the award. If either Transit, Kilowatt, or Spider is lit with the Mystery Package, the T, K or S award value is shown, but the Mystery remains a mystery.

Also with the Theater Magnet: when the Theater is hit to start Showdown, the ball drop at the start of the (lengthy) intro sequence is inconsistent. You'd think it'd be better for the game to not have the magnet on that whole time.
Also with magnets: the "catch" when the target is hit to light a Mystery Package is very_ inconsistent.

#115 6 years ago

Quick question from a new D.I. owner. How do you light the Quantum Theater? I've not seen a single animation in there.

Thanks,
Zamp

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Quick question from a new D.I. owner. How do light the Quantum Theater? I've not seen a single animation in there.
Thanks,
Zamp

Should be lit A LOT

Left inlane will light hurry up there
Hit enough drones on the right
Many modes use it
bob mode lottery uses it etc etc...there's quite a few so it should be too hard.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Quick question from a new D.I. owner. How do light the Quantum Theater? I've not seen a single animation in there.
Thanks,
Zamp

You should see that right away during boot up.

I'd check all connectors under the playfield. I had several that had come loose during shipping and some of the feature lights didn't work until I fixed them.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Check the big connector coming into the back of the theater.

Also, watch the big screen during bootup - you should see "Mon 0", "Mon 1", and "Mon 2" as the three "monitors" are detected.

#119 6 years ago

Ok, thanks guy's. It's probably a loose connection, I'll check them.

#120 6 years ago

It's working perfectly now. It was a loose connection at the CPU in the head.

Thanks again guys!

What a fun pin!

#121 6 years ago

Don't know if this has been reported, but when on the match screen, if you hit start while the match animation is playing, it will fire the knocker. It happens when I hit the button twice for two player games

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Don't know if this has been reported, but when on the match screen, if you hit start while the match animation is playing, it will fire the knocker. It happens when I hit the button twice for two player games

Is this set on free play? If not, does it knock if there's no credits and you hit start during match?

#123 6 years ago

it's on freeplay. give it a try, while your match screen is up, hit your start button twice. let me know if it knocks.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

it's on freeplay. give it a try, while your match screen is up, hit your start button twice. let me know if it knocks.

It will only knock if Match gives you a credit. This is by design, so that players don't get robbed of a credit by hitting the start button too soon.

#125 6 years ago

My only issue with this game is that it's not already in my collection.

#126 6 years ago

Same here I'm ready to get DIALED IN

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

I reported this a few months ago and the JJP guys on Twitter told me this is actual intentional if a match would have occurred. This is neither helpful to an operator or a home user. I like seeing the match sequence screen most of the time but at night when I want to keep it quiet because everyone is sleeping I hit start to avoid the knocker, but I learned the hard way you can't. Have to turn match off entirely. Just a bad implementation IMO and I hope future software allows this option "Knock anyway if match would occur" to be turned off.

#128 6 years ago

I tried this last night and hitting start during match did NOT cause my knocker to fire.

#130 6 years ago

ok, thanks for clearing that up for me!

#131 6 years ago

Very happy with the game !
I only figured out that it hapens sometimes in multiplayer while counting the bonus , a extra ball is given on ball 3 but the game went on to the next player. So the animation ws there but no chance to get this extraball.

Some balls behind the trapdoor sneaked from behind and wait for ballsearch, no big thing.

Some balls behind the moving guy .. should be possible to make a little plastic behind his feet that the ball will not get stuck so easiy in the track from the guy. But on ballsearch the ball is free. Will make this days some tests with a small plastic.

What are the 4 LED in the apron for ? I thought is the motion sense ... but its normal LED not used so far ... ?!

Great game .. wanna buy a TH LE

#132 6 years ago

2 days of ownership, & I can't believe how much fun it is to collect sim cards to upgrade your phone. Are kidding me?! What a sense of accomplishment! When I come up a shot short, or worse yet drain after completing a mode & miss collecting that sim card, what a kick in the pants! The key to blowing this game up, score wise is the sim cards. The sense of urgency while a mode is running to complete the shots is just awesome/intense! Love it!

To make this an official "wish list" post, I would love to see the end of ball animation changed. I feel like I'm watching Oprah with that big "O" animation moving on the screen. Give me one of the natural disaster's from the game, like the one I just finished, or...anything else. lol

#133 6 years ago

4 LEDs on the apron are a leftover from the original non Bluetooth phone app connection. There were sensor stickers on the apron and glass that you put your smartphone down on to and the LEDs would flicker then light solidly when you were connected. Bluetooth now / no more stickers but the LEDs remain

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

4 LEDs on the apron are a leftover from the original non Bluetooth phone app connection. There were sensor stickers on the apron and glass that you put your smartphone down on to and the LEDs would flicker then light solidly when you were connected. Bluetooth now / no more stickers but the LEDs remain

The original connection was NFC, wasn't it?

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I only figured out that it hapens sometimes in multiplayer while counting the bonus , a extra ball is given on ball 3 but the game went on to the next player. So the animation ws there but no chance to get this extraball.

Are you sure it's the extra ball being awarded or it's telling you extra ball is lit?
At the end of your third mode it lights the extra ball, so if you're in a your third mode when you drain your last ball it lights extra ball as the mode ends. Seems like it would be better if you were on your last ball and drained it wouldn't show that though..

#137 6 years ago

Thx MrDucks, that might be that it is just the "extra ball lit", but it is confusing you have no more chance to get it anyway.

What can we do with the LED in the apron ... it might show how many balls are locked in station 3 ...
has some great games today but I hate hate hate the holeprotectors .. it need some shots to bring the ball in the hole due to the protectors, makes live not easier but still .. a beautifull game ! I love this old-school theme !!

#138 6 years ago

Question for DI owners: I have all 3 of my flippers turned up to maximum 25 strength.
They still seem a bit on the weak side- not as 'snappy' in comparison to my Stern titles or my B/W pins.
Have others done anything to increase their strength?
In the settings menu, the flipper setting strength does go up to 32; which I'm hoping JJP will code in later.
Now in saying this, all the shots are typically hittable and my family are loving the game.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Question for DI owners: I have all 3 of my flippers turned up to maximum 25 strength.
They still seem a bit on the weak side- not as 'snappy' in comparison to my Stern titles or my B/W pins.
Have others done anything to increase their strength?
In the settings menu, the flipper setting strength does go up to 32; which I'm hoping JJP will code in later.
Now in saying this, all the shots are typically hittable and my family are loving the game.

Wow thats high... i make all my shots easily on factory settings with a steep playfield angle. I think factory is 21/21/15....

#140 6 years ago

Bigd, do you recommend anything? It's not that I can't make the shots but the flippers don't feel nearly as strong as my other pins do.
I would say the upper flipper is the strongest of the 3.
My pf angle is set currently at 6.5.
Perhaps that's just the way it is; and I was just looking to confirm either way.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Bigd, do you recommend anything? It's not that I can't make the shots but the flippers don't feel nearly as strong as my other pins do.
Perhaps that's just the way it is; and I was just looking to confirm either way.

Personally I would agree with you but it seems to vary greatly by machine. There's plenty of people, myself included, whoms right flipper seems pretty soft. Mine is turned up all the way and still can;t make many left loop to upper flipper shot; and never strong. Lot of left ramp rejects, you gotta hit it on the left side of the ramp, but i haven't seen others.

#142 6 years ago

I wonder if a flipper re-build would help; or if JJP will consider increasing the flipper strength up to 32 as they already have this built into their settings menu?

Any thoughts on putting in stronger flipper coils? Could this be a viable option?

I can still hit all the shots- with the left loop loop to upper flipper being the toughest for sure.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I wonder if a flipper re-build would help; or if JJP will consider increasing the flipper strength up to 32 as they already have this built into their settings menu?
Any thoughts on putting in stronger flipper coils? Could this be a viable option?
I can still hit all the shots- with the left loop loop to upper flipper being the toughest for sure.

Yeah I forget who but someone said a full flipper rebuild did the trick on the right, and that's what I plan on doing. I already got in there and took it apart replaced the sleeve but that didn't do anything.
I'm not at the point of changing coil strength as this issue seems to be in the minority. People have also suggested there might be something hanging the ball up in the orbit but the flipper feels weak before that to me.

#144 6 years ago

Yeah, I don't see any hangs-up on the left orbit; just a bit of overall flipper weakness. Perhaps more so on the right flipper.
Guess a flipper rebuild might be the way to go.
I'm going to play it a ton more just to see if things improve first.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I think factory is 21/21/15....

Wasn't that recommended after the sim hole chipping was noticed and before the protectors were installed? I turned my upper flipper down until I installed the protector, then turned it back up.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Wasn't that recommended after the sim hole chipping was noticed and before the protectors were installed? I turned my upper flipper down until I installed the protector, then turned it back up.

Apprently it chips no matter what so whom knows.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from johninc:

Mine came factory at 15.... i can make shot just fine.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mine came factory at 15.... i can make shot just fine.

My upper is fine also.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Yeah, I don't see any hangs-up on the left orbit; just a bit of overall flipper weakness. Perhaps more so on the right flipper.
Guess a flipper rebuild might be the way to go.
I'm going to play it a ton more just to see if things improve first.

EDIT - see below

#150 6 years ago

Correction on my post above (something I totally forgot) - I adjusted the right flipper on mine to point down just a little more and it made all the diff. Forgot I did that!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-113-bugs-and-features/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.