(Topic ID: 154137)

Dia de los Muertos Stern Shirt Illustrated by Ryan Claytor

By RyanClaytor

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

leftSleeveColor_(resized).jpg
    backColor_(resized).jpg
    frontColor_(resized).jpg
    rightSleeveColor_(resized).jpg
    ClaytorSternShirt_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I’m excited to announce that I recently completed an ambitious T-shirt design (4-locations, with up to 7-colors in each print location) for Stern Pinball. Please click to enlarge this next image:

ClaytorSternShirt_(resized).jpgClaytorSternShirt_(resized).jpg

It’s a sequential/comic-book style shirt that tells a brief narrative. This Dia de los Muertos themed story starts on the back with the group of skeletons playing a pinball machine and wondering where they can get more. “The guy” with the pinball machines is somewhere else, so they go searching.

backColor_(resized).jpgbackColor_(resized).jpg

Move to the left sleeve print and you see a group of skeletons begin to locate him.

leftSleeveColor_(resized).jpgleftSleeveColor_(resized).jpg

On the front of the shirt, they’ve located “the guy,” who is, of course, company figurehead, Gary Stern. This front print is also a thinly-veiled advertisement for the company (as you'll find on any good T-shirt composition). ...but by design, it also fits into the narrative.

frontColor_(resized).jpgfrontColor_(resized).jpg

Finally, if you proceed to the right sleeve print, you’ll find the 3 principal designers (from left to right, John Trudeau, Steve Ritchie, and John Borg) all huddling in the bushes fearing that Gary Stern will inadvertently lead the skeletons in their direction.

rightSleeveColor_(resized).jpgrightSleeveColor_(resized).jpg

I had a ton of fun producing this illustrated shirt for Stern and hope others will enjoy wearing them. The shirts are already printed and ready to order. Interested parties can purchase these shirts from the Stern company store by following this direct link:

http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=5516824

I wanted to take this opportunity to send a huge thanks to Stern Pinball and Jody Dankberg, not only for hiring me to illustrate a shirt for them, but also for approving this over-the-top shirt design. (It was NOT a simple or inexpensive shirt print, by any means.) I'm glad to be a small part of Stern history and hope I did the company and our hobby justice.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dia-de-los-muertos-stern-shirt-illustrated-by-ryan-claytor?tu=ryanclaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.