• Latest reply 3 years ago by holminone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

250A2F6C-D81A-49B5-A9FB-3FE6320E4A67 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

I have not found this comparison. Two interesting games my opinion. What’s yours?

#2 3 years ago

Easy choice. EHoH Premium...if you can find one. It’s an absolutely fantastic pin. DI is not a bad pin. Just not as good as EHoH.

#3 3 years ago

Two very different games. I can tell you I just got an Elvira House of Horrors LE this week and It's really truly incredible machine...I love anything Pat Lawlor but man o man EHOH all around amazing. Well before Elvira House of Horrors started to climb the ranks something about that game appealed to me I wanted it regardless of how well received it was... It's now moved up to #4 on Pinside Top 100. In another recent thread of peoples collection they categorized it as one of their favorites in their personal line up. I would also agree It's the better game.

#4 3 years ago

I prefer Elvira HOH

#5 3 years ago

Both for me... my two personal faves!

It does blow my mind that a used DI LE can be found for cheaper than EHOH. The code in Elvira is super next level while DI is more interesting and smooth to shoot.

#6 3 years ago

Elvira for me by a large margin but I do really enjoy shooting Dialed In.

#7 3 years ago

Elvira has better theme, code, and assets. Dialed in has better shots and toys.

#8 3 years ago

I have both and love both, but EHoH is my favorite.

#9 3 years ago

Who was on my short list but I ended up going with Dialed In, I don't think I've ever played a game that flows so we'll, it's like silver ball on ice.

#10 3 years ago

Dude, Dialed In by far. Elvira, as a theme, does absolutely nothing for me. But that's obviously gonna make some people scream in anger.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Dude, Dialed In by far. Elvira, as a theme, does absolutely nothing for me. But that's obviously gonna make some people scream in anger.

And Dialed In does?

#12 3 years ago

Tough one, own both. Dialed in is so well designed and packed. SIM shot still a damn challenge.

I do tend to gravitate to Elvira for overall experience. Thanks again Lyman.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

And Dialed In does?

Yes. Cell phones and disasters are far cooler to me than 65 year old grandmas trying to be sexy. :/

Again guys, please dont be mad at me... I guess I'm too young for that theme.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Yes. Cell phones and disasters are far cooler to me than 65 year old grandmas trying to be sexy. :/
Again guys, please dont be mad at me... I guess I'm too young for that theme.

She’s actually 69.
Aging like a fine wine to me.
250A2F6C-D81A-49B5-A9FB-3FE6320E4A67 (resized).jpeg250A2F6C-D81A-49B5-A9FB-3FE6320E4A67 (resized).jpeg

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

She’s actually 69.
Aging like a fine wine to me.
[quoted image]

I didn't know fine wine was aging with Botox

#16 3 years ago

Elvira for sure. Way, way better code.

#17 3 years ago

Mind you I own one (DILE) and only played played the other a handful of times on location (HoH), but I'm puzzled how they're in the same sentence. DI is such a deep game. Shots ranging from easy all the way to pure hope (the SIM card), dazzling lights on the LE (though Elvira has nice ones too), creative stuff with the backboard camera integrated into some modes, three flippers, so many different strategies. It's a challenging, deep game for pinball nerds. And Elvira, as I recently said in another vs. thread:

"The strong support around Pinside for Elvira HoH intrigues and eludes me. Played it a few times on location, love the theme and cheezy movies (big B-movie/MST3K fan going way back) and the light up house, but it's such a standard shooter. Two flippers, standard Stern fan layout, no unique ramps... what am I missing? Is it that it's approachable and relatively easy, kind of like Munsters and Batman where you can hit shots all day and have some epic 20 minute games? I can get that. I do like both BM and Munsters quite a bit. The games I turn on after 6+ beers."

Not trying to hate on Elvira, I just didn't get it in about 30 mins. of playtime. Sell me on it, if you please. I want to like it, the theme is right up my alley.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Yeah but when the cell phone and disasters look like they are geared towards toddlers it loses its coolness. I would have preferred the Elvira pin without Elvira just based on classic horror movies and a haunted house. No need for her and her grandma tits, well maybe a little need.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I just didn't get it in about 30 mins. of playtime. Sell me on it, if you please.

That's easy, u need more than 30mins of playtime.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20 3 years ago

I've owned Dialed In. I've never played Elvira. I'd pick Elvira.

#21 3 years ago

Ehoh all day. Not as easy as you think. DI, no thanks

#22 3 years ago

Dialed In for me.

#23 3 years ago

I own DI, it's probably my favorite pin.

I would add Elivira in a New York minute if I could.
My wife prohibits this pin in our household with young grandkids. Darn.

#24 3 years ago

I have both and if I had to pick it would be EHOH. DI is awesome, but the layers and theme integration of EHOH is better.

#25 3 years ago

A vs thread with no poll, seriously?

#26 3 years ago

Both games have fun shots.

Elvira has that cheap stern feel and i really dislike the left exit from the pops.

Dialed in feels like a more luxurious pin for a home setting.
The theme is terrible and so is the scoring balance, or rather inbalance.

Overall elvira is more fun whilst dialed in has a more elegant feel to it.

Personally i wouldnt go for either, but if i had to pick one, i'd go elvira.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I didn't know fine wine was aging with Botox

Come on give a little.
No man would be unhappy having a wife at 67 looking like that.

#28 3 years ago

Disaster theme terrible? OK by me.
EHOH is a great game but an old bird with her knockers out does nothing for me.

#29 3 years ago

Elvira easily for me

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Come on give a little.
No man would be unhappy having a wife at 67 looking like that.

You mean all the 67 year olds in Trollhattan do not look like her .

Well I can say they all do in New Jersey. That's my answer and I am sticking to it!!!!

#31 3 years ago

DI great package, extremely smooth shooter, a great throw back to the early Lawlor days. My problem is it felt too linear for me. It just seemed the same game over and over. Could very well be a testament to my playing skills I admit! Loved it at first, but, then it seemed to get repetitive.

EHOH great art, simple play field , easier to shoot than DI, but needs to be to get to the games depth for the average player, extremely deep and varied when it comes to the code and response to shots. There is always a lot going on in the game visually, sound wise and modes. Did not like it at first, but, it has grown on me over time.

As much as I like the DI package, I have to vote EHOH.

#32 3 years ago

Have owned Dialed In for a week and think it’s fantastic. Lucky to be playing Elvira later today because a friend just got it. So I guess I’ll see what I think soon.

#33 3 years ago

My DILE arrives Wednesday. I could not find a new Elvira before late next year. My wife, fathers a preacher, was not thrilled with Elvira personally, but said ok. Life long fan, first personal pin. I hope I am not too disappointed, based on this poll so far!!

#34 3 years ago

Either pin is an excellent choice! A lot of times it’s just splitting hairs or a matter of preference. Enjoy the DI!

#35 3 years ago

i think dialed in was the right choice. great shots, wierd theme. everything on elvira is an A, except the layout. code, depth, art, toys are great. but shots you will have down in 1 minute and long ball times. i think DI, while odd, shoots nice, quirky, but fun.

#36 3 years ago

I'll take any of the three Elvira's over DI.

1 week later
#37 3 years ago

Had both, still have Dialed In. Perhaps JJPs best to date. Elvira is fine, and will probably pick it up again, but didn't immediately click.

#38 3 years ago

The narrative on dialed in is so negative and frankly unrecoverable. But it is effing amazing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 12.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade
Other
5,815 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/di-vs-elvira-hoh?hl=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.