View topic image gallery

IMG_3980 (resized).JPG
IMG_3978 (resized).jpg
IMG_3981 (resized).jpg
IMG_3977 (resized).jpg
IMG_3979 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hi,
I was in the starting blocks for the next GOTG but i finaly decided to pass (for now) as the layout looks outrageously like the Met one that i own.
Ok, I know it can play way different but I don’t want to pay fully a game with same shots to do.
So I was looking for a game to add in my line-up.
I would consider the following games: Dialed In ( only 3-4 games in an expo, theme is really not appealing to me, was not really impressed in first feeling but I know I need to own a game to really have a fair opinion and like/dislike it and hype is rising), AS pro (also only 4-5 games, amazing artwork, theme does nothing for me, but enjoyed to play it) and IM ( no game, like the license and brutal games).
Gameplay is king for me, I like stacking MB and combos in particular then a creative and unique playfield layout.
My other main criterion is sound, callout.
I prefer fast game, flow.
Which game could you advise me and why?
Thanks

#2 6 years ago

I'm not sold yet on DI, out of my range . I have imve and as pro.

I much prefer IMVe. Sound and call outs are great fast and furious is another. Add theme for im. I also think gotg would be worth considering not enough data to decide.

#3 6 years ago

If you disable the top post on IM, it's non-stop speedy action! Definitely a fav in my lineup between WOZ, WH2O, and GB. Probably the most bang for the buck out of the games you've listed.

AS is clearly the best looker of the bunch. I can't seem to get into it, though. Played about three of them all on location and haven't wanted to keep feeding it quarters after a handful of games.

I haven't been able to form a strong opinion on DI. The theme and price are off-putting, though. Looks like a great shooter.

Good luck!

#4 6 years ago

IMVE for me. Dialed In doesn't interest me at all.

#5 6 years ago

IMVE

#6 6 years ago

IMVE
AS
Big Gap
DI

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I was in the starting blocks for the next GOTG but i finaly decided to pass (for now) as the layout looks outrageously like the Met one that i own.

IM and Met also have a similar layout. If you think Met and Gotg are too similar, pass on IM as well. My personal opinion.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

IM and Met also have a similar layout. If you think Met and Gotg are too similar, pass on IM as well. My personal opinion.

I will have a look closer.
Anyway, as I said before, GOTG and MET are not pretty much identical but identical.

#10 6 years ago

Depends on your lineup and personal taste. DI and IM are polar opposites.

IM is a fix for adrenaline junkies. Pump-up the volume and enjoy instant reward... or punishment. Fast, short ball times, immersive music, easy to understand (but relatively shallow) ruleset.

DI has one of the best layouts of modern pins. Complex ruleset, slow learning curve, longer ball times; lots of shots.

AS has better artwork, good animations (its LCD makes DMD look dated), good theme integration, a great toy, code that is already good (but can still be improved).

For a small lineup, I would recommend DI - probably the one with the best lastability. With several pins at home, not sure.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Effectively IM layout looks like Met one.
Does DI play like Woz? I owned this one and I had found gameplay confusing, (too much) deep, a king of labyrinthine system. Is DI a stacking game?
Thanks

#12 6 years ago

Does DI play like Woz? I owned this one and I had found gameplay confusing, (too much) deep, a king of labyrinthine system. Is DI a stacking game?
Thanks

This is why I don't care for jjp pins, the code confuses me, couldn't figure out woz when I owned it.

#13 6 years ago

Thanks

DI plays much better than Woz . No where near as confusing after a few games on DI I had a basic understanding of what I needed to do . I like the way DI is more mode based ,start modes and it is clear which shots need to be made to complete the modes .

#14 6 years ago

Not sure how your really compare, but if given a choice...Dialed In, and its not even close......that being said IM and AS are both fun games

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

This is why I don't care for jjp pins, the code confuses me, couldn't figure out woz when I owned it.

Yeah I feel the same way , I think if they toned it down a bit I would be more likely to buy one of their games .DI is less confusing that is why it is the first jjp game I had considered buying .But I am sure I am in the minority and most jjp buyers prefer games with super deep rules .

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not sure how your really compare, but if given a choice...Dialed In, and its not even close......that being said IM and AS are both fun games

Oh its close, in fact I much prefer IM to DI, that's the style of game I enjoy, just because you like that style doesn't make it better, yeah DI has lots of interesting gameplay attributes, for sure and the game shoots very well but I was bored pretty quick and its easy, thats a JJP thing for sure like a lot of B/W games from the 90's they are easy, at least for me.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yeah I feel the same way , I think if they toned it down a bit I would be more likely to buy one of their games .DI is less confusing that is why it is the first jjp game I had considered buying .But I am sure I am in the minority and most jjp buyers prefer games with super deep rules .

After owning MET now for over 6 months I really appreciate pins with easier to follow rules and objectives. I also like very fast playing pins, which WOZ and Hobbit were not, DI was much better in that way.

#18 6 years ago

If youve never owned iron man its very fast & fun, and you could pretty much afford an areosmith as well with the 4.5k youll save over a di.

If you enjoy stacking modes etc, got or sw are much better for that, plus sw is stupid fast if thats what your after.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

If youve never owned iron man its very fast & fun, and you could pretty much afford an areosmith as well with the 4.5k youll save over a di.
If you enjoy stacking modes etc, got or sw are much better for that, plus sw is stupid fast if thats what your after.

Thanks but no way this stripped down SW, even so I am a SW’s fan. I already owned GoT.
But yes effectively I like stacking modes and multiball.
How many modes DI gets? Possible to stack?

#20 6 years ago

I've played all 3 a bunch and all are fun. DI has yet to truly thrill me though and AS feels too much like a retread of other Sterns that I already own.

I love my IMVE as it never fails to get my adrenaline going and it stands out for its audio and straight forward gameplay!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I've played all 3 a bunch and all are fun. DI has yet to truly thrill me though and AS feels too much like a retread of other Sterns that I already own.
I love my IMVE as it never fails to get my adrenaline going and it stands out for its audio and straight forward gameplay!

According to you, which one (DI or IM) is the most different from Met and TWD that I own?

#22 6 years ago

According to you, which one (DI or IM) is the most different from Met and TWD that I own?

Based on pure difference (visuals, layout, gameplay, mechanical feel, etc.) I would have to say DI.

#23 6 years ago

You can't tell that from looking at them? if SW is too stripped down then forget IM, get DI.

#24 6 years ago

IM is not stripped down for me.
3 spinners, 2 magnets, Iron Monger, WM kicker, 2 ramps, many stand up targets... Many of others Stern pros don't have more than that.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You can't tell that from looking at them? if SW is too stripped down then forget IM, get DI.

IM is loaded with mechs that interact with the ball compared to SW.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

IM is loaded with mechs that interact with the ball compared to SW.

Sorry tiger buts that's a laughable statement, time to leave the thread. Bye Bye

#27 6 years ago

Thanks but no way this stripped down SW, even so I am a SW’s fan. I already owned GoT.
But yes effectively I like stacking modes and multiball.
How many modes DI gets? Possible to stack?

Make sure to try it first, I was skeptical as well, but played it on location and really enjoyed it. Very fast, very fun

But if you want one the most 'different' than met, DI is probably your best bet

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Sorry tiger buts that's a laughable statement, time to leave the thread. Bye Bye

This discussions been had many times here. IM has more mechs than SW. The two displays on SW are not mechs that interact with the ball and compare the Monger mech to the tie fighter on a spring...

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh its close, in fact I much prefer IM to DI, that's the style of game I enjoy, just because you like that style doesn't make it better, yeah DI has lots of interesting gameplay attributes, for sure and the game shoots very well but I was bored pretty quick and its easy, thats a JJP thing for sure like a lot of B/W games from the 90's they are easy, at least for me.

I think if you owned both machines you wouldn't take that position. I actually think IM is a good game, and a lot of fun to play, but in regards to a complete pinball experience that includes deep code, great shots, toys, variation, flow, etc I would pick DI all day (and I think most would agree). I don't get bored playing either game, which is why its nice to have several games in the collection. The bottom line is they are all different, and bring different experiences....

#30 6 years ago

Deep code is over rated.

#31 6 years ago

DI is a warm playing flow fest. It's like listening to vinyl as you can hear the midrange. Plays like some Bally Williams of the past. I'm not a WOZ or Hobbit fan, but DI is fantastic.

Iron Man is fun. It's fast and furious.

AS I think is just okay.

I own all three and would put AS last.

2 months later
#32 6 years ago

so i decided to go with a DI LE.
Received today! ordered without PP, received with it!
code is 1.50
i saw there was 1.52 available. i think i will update.
however, i would like to have some advises, if there is something important to know about the game, issue, what i need to check
thanks

IMG_3979 (resized).JPGIMG_3979 (resized).JPG

IMG_3977 (resized).jpgIMG_3977 (resized).jpg

IMG_3981 (resized).jpgIMG_3981 (resized).jpg

IMG_3978 (resized).jpgIMG_3978 (resized).jpg

IMG_3980 (resized).JPGIMG_3980 (resized).JPG

#33 6 years ago

Congrats! Incredible game.

#34 6 years ago

however, i would like to have some advises, if there is something important to know about the game, issue, what i need to check
thanks

Great choice. Here is a post I made awhile ago that might help...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialing-in-dialed-in-le-96

snaroff

#35 6 years ago

Go find Dialed in on location if possible and get to know it. I'm going to the only one I know near me tonight.

I love Pat Lawlor tables but they have a bit of a warming-to process in most cases. At one extreme you have the flowy, easy-to-learn NGG and the other, the stop-go complexity of TZ. DI is comfortably in the middle based on my early impressions.

Stacking multiball modes is not really a thing, in fact MB doesn't drive scoring on Dialed In like many tables. It's about completing each mode, not unlike TZ, and getting thr SIM cards that increase your scoring in each mode. Some people may not like the Big Bang shot finishing a mode with all the scoring, like the wishes in ToTAN. Everyone's mileage varies.

I did have some weird stuff happen in my first DI session. Most notably I had to slap-save a ball that jumped off the right ramp wireform right above the center gap.

#36 6 years ago

Congrats on the pickup. DI is an incredible game. I have both DI and IM, and I've played a ton of AS. I think I would rank them:

1. Dialed In
2. Iron Man
3. Aerosmith

Enjoy it, man. It's a fantastic game.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Great choice. Here is a post I made awhile ago that might help...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialing-in-dialed-in-le-96
snaroff

Great post!

I will check in the practice If i meet the same issues on mine.
I have a cliffy on the phone hole, need to check on the SIM card hole

I am a little afraid about the PP.
I did not want it coz of electrostatic issue with all magnets on the game and so the balls do not react as usual.
Who has this game with a PP and what are your impressions?
Thanks

#38 6 years ago

first game, first 1M score...so i'll come back here at my tenth game!
Joke aside, game too slow for me (i think the PP is slowing the ball speed)...i will raise the slope.
is it also possible to adjust the power of flippers? if yes which is the adjustment number and which power have you set up?
oh..in my game the 2 cliffy has been factory installed.
thanks

Edit: it is said that the LE comes with a printed manual. don't have anything. must i ask it?
And the date production is 11/2/17. is it 11 February or 2 November?

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The two displays on SW are not mechs that interact

While its not a phisical interaction there is plenty of virtual and I love both games, but the SW crap regarding toys and interaction is just that crap, the game is awesome. Congrats on the DILE its a great pin.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think if you owned both machines you wouldn't take that position.

Wrong and I'll tell you why, yeah I think you need both style's of pinball but I wouldn't own DI due to theme and SFX music selfies and emoji's etc. its just not for me, fun to play yeah I really like it but in my home IM all day with Alien or LOTR's or ST as my deep mode based pin.

#41 6 years ago

I own DI and IM. If you are able to look past the theme you will without doubt enjoy DI as much as IM if not more. Anyone that is not a fan of DI either has never played one, has not put enough time on it, or has just decided the theme isn’t for them or it will not work with their game room decor.

#42 6 years ago

first game, first 1M score...so i'll come back here at my tenth game!
Joke aside, game too slow for me (i think the PP is slowing the ball speed)...i will raise the slope.
is it also possible to adjust the power of flippers? if yes which is the adjustment number and which power have you set up?
oh..in my game the 2 cliffy has been factory installed.
thanks
Edit: it is said that the LE comes with a printed manual. don't have anything. must i ask it?
And the date production is 11/2/17. is it 11 February or 2 November?

Take the PP off and make sure the flippers are Dialed In (per the post/link I gave you). Before you fiddle with the flipper strength in software, make sure:

- The EOS switches are adjusted properly.
- The flipper shafts have 1/8 play.

After making these 2 adjustments, my flipper strength was improved dramatically. My game plays exceptionally fast.

snaroff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.75
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/di-vs-as-vs-im?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.