70%

(186 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

educauseadsample (resized).jpeg
Vault-Boy-Thumbs-Up.jpg.optimal (resized).jpg
F6A221A9-97C8-4000-9F53-360A284086BE (resized).png
Why_not_both (resized).png
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

:applause:Time to change the line up and I have to sell a few grails to get either one so I need advise/ thoughts on one of these 2 ( nothing else at the moment thanks )

Poll input appreciated if you have either or both.

Gonna sell BBH, RBION and Baywatch to help fund. NOT FOR SALE YET!

#2 6 years ago

Dialed in is a dream. But I can see it not being for everyone. You really need 50 or so games or so to fall in love with it.. Your collection is so different... You don't really have anything like any of those 2 machines

#3 6 years ago

TAG
/me ducks

if you want a DI, id fly to Melbourne and try it
TNA will be more difficult to test, but there will not be many in Australia

#4 6 years ago

Try before you buy. The only one I can recommend at this point is DI. I have no time on TNA. I have a DI on order, as I have tried it. TNA might end up in the collection if it clicks with me.

#5 6 years ago

Glad you said that as I would have been shot on site.
We have DI in WA ( not that backwards ) But I like original themes that is why I have chosen to on sell these 3.
TNA would be good with WNBJM as far as show winners but as I am letting go of RBION I feel I need a deeper game.
So very confused ?
Hows the leg?

#6 6 years ago

if you are looking for deeper, DI for the win!!!!

#7 6 years ago

You would think that with so much free time at the moment I would be spending time in the shed. But I just havent got the energy at the moment

#8 6 years ago

Honestly you couldn't pick two games that are more different, I just don't see how anyone could decide that one for you.

I have TNA on order, and no desire to buy Dialed In. I could say "be like me!", but I dunno that you'd be happy with a simpler, brutal game over a more long playing, deeper game. Which idea grabs you more?

That's how I'd think of it. What are you looking for? Something you can step up to, play one game in a few minutes, or play a bunch back to back, trying to best your score and progress, and that provides a really wonderful multiplayer experience? Where you can all play together, without being bored waiting for someone's ball to end?

Or are you looking for long games, where pressing start is more of a commitment, but you're rewarded with a more varied experience if you put the time in?

For me the first is way more appealing. Not everyone will feel that way.

#9 6 years ago

DI, but you have an odd list of grails.

#10 6 years ago

I like them both. You really need to get some time on each and then decide.

#11 6 years ago

Aurich is right, these two are completely opposite ends of the spectrum. Not that DI is particularly "deep" in the insane way pinheads seem to want these days but it's simple ruleset has a depth that goes a bit beyond TNA.

It's slightly less brutal than TNA, but TNA scratches a different itch. Both are superb.

#12 6 years ago

Agreed w/ @aurich. Are they the same price down there too?

Up here TNA is much cheaper than DI, so if anyone in the States had that issue, they'd also be weighing that TNA can almost be bought with just BBH + BW or just RBION + BW, and you get to keep one, whereas all 3 would need to go to fund DI. Something else to potentially consider.

#13 6 years ago

Dialed In (LE) is $8,500 and TNA is $6,000 here in the states.

I've got a Dialed In LE and have a TNA on order. Can't go wrong with either one!

#14 6 years ago

Based on your collection and handle, I think you'd like TNA more.

Great advice already given on gameplay. All I'd add is Dialed In is a technical marvel...the dynamic theatre images are very cool and the phone is a great tool to help guide you through the 11 modes. It's a very modal pin. If you like tech and mode based play, I'm sure you'll like it...

#16 6 years ago

Spooky games always over hyped. Definitely DI.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Spooky games suck. Definitely DI.

Ohh, com'on now. That's an ignorant statement

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Agreed w/ aurich. Are they the same price down there too?
Up here TNA is much cheaper than DI, so if anyone in the States had that issue, they'd also be weighing that TNA can almost be bought with just BBH + BW or just RBION + BW, and you get to keep one, whereas all 3 would need to go to fund DI. Something else to potentially consider.

All 3 have to go, room is of the essence as I have a few project pins and arcades on the go.
As most of my collection are considered " bashers" I am swaying towards DI, but as no one I know of here in Western Australia has TNA I would looooooove to get it for the rarity and it looks firkin cool as and my type of game.
Oh I hate first world problems

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Ohh, com'on now. That's an ignorant statement

Perhaps "suck" was a tad too harsh. How would "over hyped" be then? I think that's accurate. AMH was a good player, deep rule set, and an overall impressive performance. RZ, was a complete disaster. One ramp just kills the game and no code can save it. Domino's and Jetsons were both meh. Though, I would probably buy a Jetsons on theme alone. And now, TNA. It's decent, but I guarantee you that there will be many for sale within 6 months of launch. An OK game, but in the end people want modern pinballs so it won't be for everyone.

Bottom line, it's only going to take one more Spooky bomb like RZ to put them out of business. I don't care what anyone on here says. I am certain that Kayte and Charlie aren't handing out bank account statements to people on Pinside.

AC is a must win for Spooky. Otherwise, I think they hemorrhage money and become a statistic like Game Plan.

#21 6 years ago

TNA over DI based on your collection of unique machines and the fact that DI might not be oldskool enough.

I would order direct through Spooky as based on the numbers I have seen the local agent here in Australia looks to be making a tidy profit even taking into account worst case scenario currency fluctuations.

No refunds, no sign of when the machine is entering production, no communication whatsoever to preorderers and no finalised design.

Sounds great.

On the only plus side he will get invoiced for a limited edition exclusive topper that prima facie seems to be no longer all that exclusive.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

TNA over DI based on your collection of unique machines and the fact that DI might not be oldskool enough.
I would order direct through Spooky as based on the numbers I have seen the local agent here in Australia looks to be making a tidy profit even taking into account worst case scenario currency fluctuations.

Spooky won't sell direct and pointed me to Aus. dist. by the time it gets to WA it will be approx AUD$11k and I can get a DI for AUD$15k here in Perth. Swaying more and more to DI as I need at least one game with depth.
Oldskool only in my way of thinking, not the way I play games ( I love tech and old )
TAG , we won't go there, thats why I am only considering one of two machines.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Spooky won't sell direct and pointed me to Aus. dist. by the time it gets to WA it will be approx AUD$11k and I can get a DI for AUD$15k here in Perth. Swaying more and more to DI as I need at least one game with depth.
Oldskool only in my way of thinking, not the way I play games ( I love tech and old )
TAG , we won't go there, thats why I am only considering one of two machines.

You won’t regret it,Dialed In is the pin to buy.
You will love it and you family and friends will dig it.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You won’t regret it,Dialed In is the pin to buy.
You will love it and you family and friends will dig it.

DI is about $14,350 to perth

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

AC is a must win for Spooky. Otherwise, I think they hemorrhage money and become a statistic like Game Plan.

When that switch broke, I definitely should have flown to your house to fix it personally.

We're fine. We'll get better with every game. Kinda how this works unless you start with millions, and we certainly didn't.

#26 6 years ago

Time to change the line up

Ok... here's the mfg of one of these 2 games giving you an honest answer. There are already some TnA's boxed up and headed to Australia, and there are more behind them waiting to go that direction.

Neither game is limited so take your time, play them, and decide... like Aurich stated, these 2 couldn't BE any more different. I think both are great in their own unique ways. Kinda nice that any debate exists between 2 original themed pinballs in 2017... who could have predicted that 5 years ago?

Charlie Emery, worst pinball salesman ever.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

but I guarantee you that there will be many for sale within 6 months of launch.

ok, lets put some money where your mouth is.

game launched in October. So on March 31st, how 'many' will be for sale on the secondary market?

#28 6 years ago

I'm really considering buying both -- they seem quite complementary to one another. (Did I spell that right? I meant they'd provide good balance in a collection, not that they'd sit next to each other saying nice things )

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Honestly you couldn't pick two games that are more different, I just don't see how anyone could decide that one for you.
I have TNA on order, and no desire to buy Dialed In. I could say "be like me!", but I dunno that you'd be happy with a simpler, brutal game over a more long playing, deeper game. Which idea grabs you more?
That's how I'd think of it. What are you looking for? Something you can step up to, play one game in a few minutes, or play a bunch back to back, trying to best your score and progress, and that provides a really wonderful multiplayer experience? Where you can all play together, without being bored waiting for someone's ball to end?
Or are you looking for long games, where pressing start is more of a commitment, but you're rewarded with a more varied experience if you put the time in?
For me the first is way more appealing. Not everyone will feel that way.

Everyone needs to read this again and again!! You really nailed it, Aurich. I'd say this comparison of TNA with most newer games holds true.

Me and a buddy met up at Tilt in Minneapolis for lunch and pinball the other day. We played a game on GTG, Aliens, DI and then played numerous games on TNA. While the newer games are nice looking and certainly have interesting gameplay, I just can't get into them. I have no desire for jam packed playfields anymore. I have no interest in complicated rules. My buddy, on the other hand, likes that sort of thing, which is great.

The common ground we found was TNA...and I already have mine and play it everyday. Beautiful game with one of the best light shows and sounds on any game to date. Simple to understand rules yet the game kicks your ass if you don't play well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Scott and Charlie knocked this game out of the park!!

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I have no desire for jam packed playfields anymore.

I'll invite you to my next party (when my TNA is done). Plenty to play here.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Scott and Charlie knocked this game out of the park!!

He's a bit biased, but he does tell me when things suck... A LOT! Thanks BK.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Charlie Emery, worst pinball salesman ever.

No you're not. You want a person buying a Spooky pin to be happy with their purchase.

You might not make the most money selling to absolutely everyone one. But whether they are a Spooky owner or not, they'll remember you, for the right reasons.

LTG : )

#33 6 years ago

Both are great games ,2 very different styles . I am getting a TNA because it is the type of game I prefer .

#34 6 years ago

Get DI and don't look back.

Get a Remake and don't look back.

Buy them all.

Okay I'm biased. Best is get some time on both. It's an investment. Buy the one YOU like. Travel to a show or something if you have to.

LTG : )

#35 6 years ago

I am in line for TNA #148. The wait is killing me for my first ever NIB game. However I figure I should share why this is my first NIB and only 2nd pin overall. I played both games at MGC this past year. While I haven't been in the hobby as long as others and I might not have a seasoned or highly technical recommendation, I will offer my input. At MGC I played DI and had fun. It was a really cool game and has a ton of features to love. I even got pat to sign a game flyer. After someone told me that was Pat who made the game....anyway I guess I need to play it more to make a solid impression on it. But it was pretty sweet. I also played the whitewood version of TNA. Now going there, I had no idea this game existed. I happened to get into a 4 player game with some guys standing around there including Scott who I learned just then created this game out of parts in his basement. He explained the game to us and what the background was for the theme. It was pretty cool the have the designer right there to call your shots for you. In the middle of one of my turns I started talking to a guy about the game and how cool it was. It happened to be Charlie. Not knowing at the time that he owned a pinball company and was going to produce this game. Going to MGC I was in the market for a NIB game. I looked at GB, DI, and even considering a nice Shadow that was in great shape. I was a little skeptical with all the talk of GB having a ton of issues, and the DI price tag was something I couldn't swing. I left MGC with no game and a ton of information/questions I needed answered. This being my first game I wanted to make sure that the money I was spending would be well worth it and I could show value. I started doing research after I found out spooky was building TNA. Since then I have been a fanboy waiting for my game to be built. The combination of Spooky being built from the ground up (in a tough monopolized pinball market when they started) and how down to earth they are. I mean Charlie who has no idea who I am just starts talking to me about pinball and how I am enjoying the show. Who does that in today's society? They have been nothing but helpful since I called for more info on the game. I value that today. I support the small business. I work in business and deal with customers on a daily basis. The expectation of customers is bigger than ever in today's society. This is just my opinion. I would choose TNA for the value you are getting. That is just what works for me. Everyone will have their own reason for whatever game they choose. Just weigh your options and make an educated decision.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

I am in line for TNA #148. The wait is killing me for my first ever NIB game. However I figure I should share why this is my first NIB and only 2nd pin overall. I played both games at MGC this past year. While I haven't been in the hobby as long as others and I might not have a seasoned or highly technical recommendation, I will offer my input. At MGC I played DI and had fun. It was a really cool game and has a ton of features to love. I even got pat to sign a game flyer. After someone told me that was Pat who made the game....anyway I guess I need to play it more to make a solid impression on it. But it was pretty sweet. I also played the whitewood version of TNA. Now going there, I had no idea this game existed. I happened to get into a 4 player game with some guys standing around there including Scott who I learned just then created this game out of parts in his basement. He explained the game to us and what the background was for the theme. It was pretty cool the have the designer right there to call your shots for you. In the middle of one of my turns I started talking to a guy about the game and how cool it was. It happened to be Charlie. Not knowing at the time that he owned a pinball company and was going to produce this game. Going to MGC I was in the market for a NIB game. I looked at GB, DI, and even considering a nice Shadow that was in great shape. I was a little skeptical with all the talk of GB having a ton of issues, and the DI price tag was something I couldn't swing. I left MGC with no game and a ton of information/questions I needed answered. This being my first game I wanted to make sure that the money I was spending would be well worth it and I could show value. I started doing research after I found out spooky was building TNA. Since then I have been a fanboy waiting for my game to be built. The combination of Spooky being built from the ground up (in a tough monopolized pinball market when they started) and how down to earth they are. I mean Charlie who has no idea who I am just starts talking to me about pinball and how I am enjoying the show. Who does that in today's society? They have been nothing but helpful since I called for more info on the game. I value that today. I support the small business. I work in business and deal with customers on a daily basis. The expectation of customers is bigger than ever in today's society. This is just my opinion. I would choose TNA for the value you are getting. That is just what works for me. Everyone will have their own reason for whatever game they choose. Just weigh your options and make an educated decision.

Paragraphs are your friend.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

dont be a dick

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

Charlie who has no idea who I am just starts talking to me about pinball and how I am enjoying the show. Who does that in today's society?

Me. All the time! Heck, I even talk to that Bryan Kelly guy.... ON PURPOSE! I've even done that on more than one occasion, which I don't recommend to anyone.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yeah. Didn't realize it was that long until I posted it. Noted sir! Ha!

#40 6 years ago

Never played tna but absolutely love dialed in. I like it better than any games i previously had. It really is a great pin. My kids who were indifferent to other pins absolutely love it. Just left location with nice mm and afm. Me and kids were ready to go home and play di.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Both are great games ,2 very different styles . I am getting a TNA because it is the type of game I prefer .

I’m getting TNA because I can’t afford both!

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

Yeah. Didn't realize it was that long until I posted it. Noted sir! Ha!

Unlike some, I enjoy reading. Thanks for the post!

#43 6 years ago

I have less real insight than some here. I'll just say that I went to try DI, was great but elected to buy WoZ instead. I do love WoZ tremendously and feel like DI is a great pin as well, but it didn't grab me, maybe it was the moving electric guy it was great but I wasn't blown away by DI.

I did order TNA #155(?) because I like the way it looks, the retro theme and fast gameplay and simple yet challenging rules, the music and the ambiance. I was going to say the build duality and light show but DI has that as well. But TNA is a bit cheaper so on balance and will sell in lower numbers if that's worth anything. Have not played TNA yet.

My collection has nothing quite like TNA so that was the main draw, but the other aspects (music, lighting, retro vibe etc..) all played into my decision.

But likely they are both fantastic so it's not like you are picking between a good and a bad game.

#44 6 years ago

the best thing about an original pin is that you dont have expectations from movies or whatever to let you down in some way (missing your favourite song / quote / scene) etc.. so both games are good in that way.

i ordered a TNA because it seems like the kind of game you can enjoy with friends more than most other pins on the market today. its the only game ive seen where people are cheering the player on and secretly hoping they will leave an easy multiball at the same time.

i like that it has dedicated score screen, ball save timer and reactor % . those little things make a difference for me.
like most people have probably said, it depends on what kind of space you are looking for it to fill in your collection

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have TNA on order, and no desire to buy Dialed In. ...
For me the first is way more appealing.

Same here. I've played Dialed In numerous times and it just doesn't grab me like TNA does.

#46 6 years ago

Spooky won't sell direct and pointed me to Aus. dist.

All of the 8 coming to Australia were purchased direct via Spooky, not a distributor.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

All of the 8 coming to Australia were purchased direct via Spooky, not a distributor.

Yeah I know but it still works out to be approx $11k for TNA to be shipped to WA.
Compare to just over $14k for DI that I can play and buy over here, Unless you know of one over here?
TNA looks like my sort of game but I have to play first and it doesn't look like that is going to happen.
The WNBJM I have is set up for ultra fast play and it is a real crowd pleaser. Also have a FT for great fun simplicity.

#48 6 years ago

DI all day so much more in the game

#49 6 years ago

Dialed in

#50 6 years ago

Dialed In does give you that "keep hitting the start button" feeling. There's a big price difference and a big difference in terms of how much each pin offers. I love what Scott Danesi has done with TNA. It will probably be in my collection one day. It's a unique pin...BUT Dialed In is a Masterpiece. It's by far the pin I play the most in my collection. It's a beautiful game with so much to shoot for. The shots are very satisfying and so are the rewards for progressing in the game. I think it will have more staying power, imho.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/di-or-tna-please-have-your-say-im-listening?hl=mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.