70%

(186 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

educauseadsample (resized).jpeg
Vault-Boy-Thumbs-Up.jpg.optimal (resized).jpg
F6A221A9-97C8-4000-9F53-360A284086BE (resized).png
Why_not_both (resized).png
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago

ive not played dialed in but ive played woz and the hobbit. so far im finding JJP games to be dull as hell, i sure hope that changes (potc looks like the shizzle). i have played AMW and RZ. TNA looks bloody awesome to me. id go for spooky over JJP purely because of the fun factor (or lack of it in JJP).

/cue burn

#52 6 years ago

I want both.

#53 6 years ago

I've played dialed in several times and find it to be a fun shooting pin with plenty of rules. Of all the JJP games so far I prefer this games ruleset vice WOZ & Hobbit. While I like playing WOZ I have zero idea of all the rules and modes. The rules of WOZ & Hobbit are just so deep I can't keep track of it all which is to me just takes away from the whole experience.

I'm really itching to play TNA due to the killer sound & light package. The rules are straight forward and fairly simple, but actually completing the reactors which increasingly get more difficult looks quite tough. The lock stealing definitely makes the multiplayer game more strategy based and fun. Despite having never played one I want this pin.

In short I'd love to own both of them. Either way I think you will be satisfied and have tons of fun whichever way you go.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from cycochris:

ive not played dialed in but ive played woz and the hobbit. so far im finding JJP games to be dull as hell, i sure hope that changes (potc looks like the shizzle).

Dialed In is night & day different from WOZ and Hobbit. If it had an A-list licensed theme, people would be tripping over each other to crown it an all-time great (not saying I necessarily agree with them; need more time on it). JJPOTC is definitely more in the WOZ / Hobbit ballpark, judging from my handful of plays on it.

#55 6 years ago

DI, just from a "things to do", standpoint is light years better than TNA. So much more bang for your buck with DI.

But if you want to join an exclusive "cool kid" club around these parts, go with TNA.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

DI, just from a "things to do", standpoint is light years better than TNA. So much more bang for your buck with DI.
But if you want to join an exclusive "cool kid" club around these parts, go with TNA.

The club is not exclusive , anyone who wants to join the club will be inculded.

#58 6 years ago

"why not both?"
money and room!

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from cycochris:

ive not played dialed in but ive played woz and the hobbit. so far im finding JJP games to be dull as hell, i sure hope that changes (potc looks like the shizzle).

Yeah DI is nothing like those games.

#60 6 years ago

F6A221A9-97C8-4000-9F53-360A284086BE (resized).pngF6A221A9-97C8-4000-9F53-360A284086BE (resized).png

#61 6 years ago

I'd rather have TNA and Houdini.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'd rather have TNA, DI and Houdini!

All are great games.
Jokes aside TNA and DI would make a interesting pair. Very different gameplay.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

But why?

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

All of the 8 coming to Australia were purchased direct via Spooky, not a distributor.

Says it all.

Local forum affiliations would have convinced most collectors to bypass and choose the direct route as a better option as well as the middleman profiteering aspect.

Meanwhile in NZ, the local Spooky distro is importing for buyers at cost.

You go Aussie pinball scene!

#65 6 years ago

TNA looks awesome with the RGB GI lighting, but it has effectively a large „upper playfield“, these are always a bit gimmicky and take away pf real estate from the „proper“ pinball action down below. That being said I think it‘s great some of these older pf designs are getting attention. And alas I will probably never see one as it doesn‘t appear at present Europe will be a market for them.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Meanwhile in NZ, the local Spooky distro is importing for buyers at cost.

Yeah, but that guy is certifiably insane.

To my knowledge, the Pizza and Pinball guys (the Aussie Spooky Guys) were doing the same sort of thing. You pay Spooky for the game direct, and P&P arrange the container and split the costs. The more pins in the container, the cheaper the freight is for everyone.

rd

#67 6 years ago

For the same reasons that anyone prefers one game over another I guess. While I think DI is a colorful, creative, and multi-featured game, playing it just doesn't excite me very much. It's hard for me to put a finger on it exactly, but I think a lot has to do with its theme and overall look/feel which I find to be meh and redemption game-like respectively.

That said, DI is not a bad game by any means and it's obviously VERY popular so your appreciation of it could be much greater than mine. Perhaps that will change for me over time; perhaps not. In the meantime, cost aside, TNA, Houdini, and other games would make my short list ahead of DI due to their themes, looks, gameplay, feel, etc.

#68 6 years ago

Whose TNA distributor in EU?

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Whose TNA distributor in EU?

I don’t think there is one, as the pin isn’t going through the testing that the EU requires. Just import one yourself ...

rd

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

The club is not exclusive , anyone who wants to join the club will be inculded.

Damn it, I need exclusiveness. This *as many as the market wants* model can not stand. I smell a fad.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just import one yourself ...

Many are doing that, and we're also working hard to get EU games in more volume... just takes a pile of cash is all.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Spooky won't sell direct and pointed me to Aus. dist. by the time it gets to WA it will be approx AUD$11k and I can get a DI for AUD$15k here in Perth. Swaying more and more to DI as I need at least one game with depth.
Oldskool only in my way of thinking, not the way I play games ( I love tech and old )
TAG , we won't go there, thats why I am only considering one of two machines.

Holy shit. And here I think there a rip off in the US. Stern, JJP and all manufacturers should be kissing international buyers asses for that much dough

11.5k for DI
8.5 for tna. Damn

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I don’t think there is one, as the pin isn’t going through the testing that the EU requires. Just import one yourself ...
rd

That was just to know.
I was wondering in the past to buy an AMH but was the same problem. I gave up.
Not really interested in buying TNA but who knows if I would not change my mind later.
What I’m sure is I’m in for a Wooly and whatever the builder (spooky or another) i think I would need to answer to my question and to find a distributor in the US East Cost that ships overseas.

Édit: if I import one do I need to set up the game for 230v (easily to do or do I need to buy something?) or it is factory done?

#74 6 years ago

Édit: if I import one do I need to set up the game for 230v (easily to do or do I need to buy something?) or it is factory done?

Easy enough to do.

rd

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Easy enough to do.
rd

Do you know US distributor in the east cost that ships overseas Spooky products?

#76 6 years ago

Do you know US distributor in the east cost that ships overseas Spooky products?

No.. you just contact a freight broker in France and arrange it all at your end.

Easy to do.

rd

#77 6 years ago

Dialed In

#78 6 years ago

My mind is changing daily as there appears to be no definitive answer! Also no one appears to be voting in the pole?
T N A. Just got voted no.1 pinball by Dead Flip over DI . What to do?

#79 6 years ago

Try them, this is the best way to get the final decision.
Your lineup is varied and there are all generations.
Do you play more the old games and whoa or more recent games?

#80 6 years ago

I personally LOVE the music on TNA. Also, I love the fact that it is simple and FAST. I'm not a fan of constantly holding the ball to make a shot. I prefer to constantly have it moving and for things to be a bit chaotic. Add the awesome music to this mix, and I'm sold. Obviously, I love Tron for these reasons as well. Whatever you choose, I hope that YOU, love it!

#81 6 years ago

Both games get solid reviews from those that have played them so it really comes down to style of game and price. I have not played TNA but seems like it's strength is in playing with others or in a largish collection. It just seems like it would get old fast playing alone over and over a lot. Hard to say since sometimes the more simple games are more fun in the long run than more comples games. I have played DI and loved it. It reminded me of TZ where there was a packed playfield and always something different to shoot for. Like a lot of modern games, it is easy to get overwhelmed with all the comples rules. DI is gorgeous and fun but I choke on price. TNA wins in the price department as far as I can see. Unless you want a full, blown out high end game I would probably go with TNA. It would definitely be cool to own for a while. Maybe in a few years, you can get a used DI for less than $8000. In the end if you make the wrong choice, it will be easy to sell either game.

#82 6 years ago

You need to play them man, I prefer di but might try to pick up a tna on the secondary market one day.

I would not go off of dead flip or pinside ratings. Those are just personal opinions.

#83 6 years ago

DI for sure. It has got everything and keeps getting better.

TNA would be a game I would buy if I only played pinball together with other people. It is the perfect machine for that. It has got simple rules that everyone can easily learn, but also the difficulty is there for more advanced players. Perfect for a mixed group of people. Perfect if you have a bunch of other games also.

For me personally TNA is comparable (I know not really but best I could think of) with Whoa Nelly. I had that game and it was so much fun playing it with others, but it got very boring very quickly playing it alone.

#84 6 years ago

Well since there are no TNA's in Perth to try, Dialled In wins as I played it tonight, WOW just WOW.
Just have to sell my BBH now and I am home free.
JJP certainly knocked it out the park in my view also quite a few fellow pin heads at the launch.

#85 6 years ago

Forgot to add,
thanks to all who inputed into this weird thread

Vault-Boy-Thumbs-Up.jpg.optimal (resized).jpgVault-Boy-Thumbs-Up.jpg.optimal (resized).jpg

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Well since there are no TNA's in Perth to try, Dialled In wins as I played it tonight, WOW just WOW.
Just have to sell my BBH now and I am home free.
JJP certainly knocked it out the park in my view also quite a few fellow pin heads at the launch.

sell another one and you are home free for DI and TNA!

it is not my taste but if i wanted to buy a retro game i would buy TNA for sure.

2 months later
#87 6 years ago

I'm still contemplating which to get (first). I really like both of them.

#88 6 years ago

Dialed In is what I prefer. I'm a 90's DMD and up guy, so I want modern features in my games and deeper code.

I like TNA, and if you other people over a lot, then you might want to go that route. It's a great multiplayer game.

#89 6 years ago

I have my TNA now. If you offered to trade me your Dialed In for it I'd stop and think. I could trade, sell the Dialed In for a little profit to buy another TNA with cash leftover, but then I'd have to get back in line for TNA and wait, and that would suck. So nah, keep your Dialed In, rather have TNA.

#90 6 years ago

I absolutely love my DI.

The layout is awesome... the theme is great. It's SimCity meet's modern technology and wrapped up in a pin that has one of the best lightshows in pinball I have ever seen, and an amazingly fun and addicting ruleset.

The ramps flow like butter.

There seems to be endless shots and everytime the ball rolls down to your flippers there is the quick thought about what to shoot.. then you realize.. you have so many options.

The combo's feel super rewarding.. the most combos I have is 8 so far. The shot I love the most is what I call the 'alley-oop' shot where you hit the ball up the middle to the theater, and time it right to hit the ball with the upper flipper and nail the transit station/side ramp shot. Then when it comes down, go for the right ramp, then left ramp, etc. Smooth as butter!

The rules keep you coming back and pressing start. It's just brutal enough to be challenging but not too brutal to be frustrating. JJP and Lawler killed it and IMO, is one of the best pins ever made.

#91 6 years ago

This thread is like asking someone if they want steak or baloney.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

mmmmmmm baloney! is this the same as what we call polony in Australia?

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

educauseadsample (resized).jpegeducauseadsample (resized).jpeg

#94 6 years ago

Dialed In. Much better game. Way more to do and worth the extra money.

#95 6 years ago

Well I don't mind DI at all but I bought TNA. Love it! I'm a fan of intense, fast gameplay with reasonably simple rules in general. I think it's pretty "everfresh" too.

But Dialed In is by most accounts a great game too, at the opposite end of the spectrum (deeper rules, less adrenaline).

So TNA is a 100-yard sprint and Dialed In is a marathon. What type of player are you?

#96 6 years ago

Bought both, Dialed in is gone, however I enjoyed it while it was here.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

What type of player are you?

Dammit I'm both... Gotta find me some TNA monies

#98 6 years ago

Haven't played TNA yet, but I think DI is incredible; definitely want one...Amazing experience.

#99 6 years ago

IMO

Since I have a deep collection and I don’t play a lot, having another game with 20 pages of rules vs having a game that I can play a few quick games on. I decided to buy TNA already have Woz, TWD, TSPP, LotR, AcDc so I’m hardly can get too deep in with my limited playing.

This was a bigger factor in me picking TNA instead of DI. I don’t mean to say one is better or worse but my situation was better for a quick paced game.

#100 6 years ago

I think you should get DI, TNA may not have staying power.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/di-or-tna-please-have-your-say-im-listening/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.