76%
  • JJPOTC 19 votes
    24%

(79 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Iron Maiden shirts tucked in (resized).jpg
CVUClJdUkAEnbIR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago

I this is another thread.

I had preordered a POTC LE, was very excited to get it and that after the recent changes decided to order a Dialed In LE instead. After everything I've read about Dialed In as well as playing both POTC LE (older prototype with original disks) and Dialed In LE I knew Dialed In was the right purchase for me at this time.

There's a few other reasons I went with Dialed In over POTC

1. The latest build Dialed In's come with all fixes / hardware tweaks versus early production games. Nearly all new pins go through some minor changes early on and its nice not having to deal with those headaches when spending $9k+ on new pin. Early build POTC games versus those made next year will likely have some minor differences. If I do get a POTC it will be a later production build game.

2. There's no need to be disappointed about a lack of certain assets with Dialed In. The lack of actor audio and actor video is still a complaint of mine with POTC. For $9500 a movie based pin should have all of the, or most, of the films assets. Dialed In is a completely original design and therefore no comprises had to be made anywhere in terms of audio and animations. The theme integration of Dialed In is some of the best I've seen in pinball.

3. After the recent POTC changes I feel like I'm getting more game with Dialed In LE for $500 less

4. I prefer Dialed In's ruleset design over that of POTC. The modes in Dialed In feel more substantial and better integrated with the theme then those in POTC. Every mode in Dialed In has it's own unique animations and callouts. In POTC there are 125 modes but they are not filled with audio lines from the movie and video clips (or unique animations). In POTC you are hitting character shots from one of the movies scenes and repeating that for all of the non multiball and non wizard modes. Since there are no actor audio and actor video assets in POTC I find it difficult to feel engrossed in the games world. I also find Dialed In's multiball modes to be more unique then those in POTC. The multiballs in POTC do not feel unique to each movie in my opinion as there are no assets to be used from them and as a result I think they are very similar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/di-or-potc?tu=PanzerFreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.