• JJPOTC 19 votes
    24%

(79 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Iron Maiden shirts tucked in (resized).jpg
CVUClJdUkAEnbIR (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Two very excellent games. I was thinking which I would choose if I had the money too. Believe it or not, I think I would go with DI. What do you think?

#2 6 years ago

I went DI, happy with the rules and love the overall fast flow of the pin. That said I had the debate you are having. Happy with the choice I made.

#3 6 years ago

At least POTC wont look like this in 20 years lol

CVUClJdUkAEnbIR (resized).jpgCVUClJdUkAEnbIR (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

DI is pretty Damn good due I didn't vote because I haven't played a POTC yet.

#5 6 years ago

Dialed In -- I've played it in its "final" form and really enjoyed it.

I was able to play POTC at the Ohio Pinball Show with working spinning disks and enjoyed it -- would want to play again in its modified form before choosing to bring it home, so it gets second place.

#6 6 years ago

I have yet to play POTC, but I do own Dialed In. So, I may be slightly biased. Everyone that plays Dialed In loves the lighting, shots and layout. I understand some don’t like the selfies and cellphones, but it is a fun pin. I’m impressed with the quality of JJPs machines and would love to try out POTC when it finally ships. For now I’d have to go Dialed In.

#7 6 years ago

DI is my favorite game, so I voted for it. Though, I am looking forward to getting some game time on the new JJP POTC even with the disk changes.

#8 6 years ago

DI if you want a (slightly) linear mode based game.
JJPOTC if you want a stacking, breadth-like, strategy style game.

I like both but prefer JJPOTC, but highly recommend waiting to see how production games hold up. So maybe DI now, and sell it in 6-12 mos and get pirates then?

#9 6 years ago

DI now, POTC later.

#10 6 years ago

I this is another thread.

I had preordered a POTC LE, was very excited to get it and that after the recent changes decided to order a Dialed In LE instead. After everything I've read about Dialed In as well as playing both POTC LE (older prototype with original disks) and Dialed In LE I knew Dialed In was the right purchase for me at this time.

There's a few other reasons I went with Dialed In over POTC

1. The latest build Dialed In's come with all fixes / hardware tweaks versus early production games. Nearly all new pins go through some minor changes early on and its nice not having to deal with those headaches when spending $9k+ on new pin. Early build POTC games versus those made next year will likely have some minor differences. If I do get a POTC it will be a later production build game.

2. There's no need to be disappointed about a lack of certain assets with Dialed In. The lack of actor audio and actor video is still a complaint of mine with POTC. For $9500 a movie based pin should have all of the, or most, of the films assets. Dialed In is a completely original design and therefore no comprises had to be made anywhere in terms of audio and animations. The theme integration of Dialed In is some of the best I've seen in pinball.

3. After the recent POTC changes I feel like I'm getting more game with Dialed In LE for $500 less

4. I prefer Dialed In's ruleset design over that of POTC. The modes in Dialed In feel more substantial and better integrated with the theme then those in POTC. Every mode in Dialed In has it's own unique animations and callouts. In POTC there are 125 modes but they are not filled with audio lines from the movie and video clips (or unique animations). In POTC you are hitting character shots from one of the movies scenes and repeating that for all of the non multiball and non wizard modes. Since there are no actor audio and actor video assets in POTC I find it difficult to feel engrossed in the games world. I also find Dialed In's multiball modes to be more unique then those in POTC. The multiballs in POTC do not feel unique to each movie in my opinion as there are no assets to be used from them and as a result I think they are very similar.

#11 6 years ago

Dile is really top notch and id be very happy if it was my only pin.

#12 6 years ago

DI may well be Pat's best ever.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Ive owned most and the only one even in the same ballpark is tz imo.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Quoted from bigd1979:

Ive owned most and the only one even in the same ballpark is tz imo.

I own both. I think TZ was the best (and best possible) machine for its time, and I still adore it, but its time was 25 years ago.

Think of comparing a state-of-the-art TV from 1993 (NYT headline from October of that year: "In TV's, the World May Soon Be Flat") to today's wall-sized 4K marvels.

#15 6 years ago

TZ will be hard to beat, and hasn't been done yet

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

I own both. I think TZ was the best (and best possible) machine for its time, and I still adore it, but its time was 25 years ago.
Think of comparing a state-of-the-art TV from 1993 (NYT headline from October of that year: "In TV's, the World May Soon Be Flat") to today's wall-sized 4K marvels.

Totally agree.. i sold my tz few month's ago after a long relationship . Great game but i like the speed and flow of di ....and all the lighting and lcd screens.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Quoted from bigd1979:

Totally agree.. i sold my tz few month's ago after a long relationship . Great game but i like the speed and flow of di ....and all the lighting and lcd screens.

Not even thinking of selling mine - it's still my "one last game before bedtime while I finish this beer" relaxation machine.

#18 6 years ago

Mom jeans will never be cool......POTC all the way.

#19 6 years ago

Get a Dialed in now, play it for a year, then get a potc. Call around, distributors have them in stock (i have a few myself) and ready to ship.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Mom jeans will never be cool......POTC all the way.

Iron Maiden shirts tucked in (resized).jpgIron Maiden shirts tucked in (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/di-or-potc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.