(Topic ID: 233594)

DI kickout timing problem - SOLVED!

By JWJr

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

A couple of weeks ago, I started noticing a consistency problem with the kickouts from my DI's phone scoop. The kickouts would vary _widely_, from banging off the ramp overhead to falling back down into the scoop. I played with the coil settings, and even took the assembly apart and put it back together a couple of times, to no avail.

Then, I started noticing that it wasn't just that scoop, but _every_ kickout - the kickback, the skill shot, the trough, even the "throw" from the Theater magnet. _All_ of them were acting like the game's internal coil timing clock was throwing random numbers.

After perusing some old messages here and on Google, I disconnected the USB cable from the motherboard to the left front of the cabinet, where the Bluetooth dongle (which I took out several months ago) would normally be . THE PROBLEM WENT AWAY, immediately and (so far, fingers crossed) permanently.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

A couple of weeks ago, I started noticing a consistency problem with the kickouts from my DI's phone scoop. The kickouts would vary widely_, from banging off the ramp overhead to falling back down into the scoop. I played with the coil settings, and even took the assembly apart and put it back together a couple of times, to no avail.
Then, I started noticing that it wasn't just that scoop, but every_ kickout - the kickback, the skill shot, the trough, even the "throw" from the Theater magnet. All_ of them were acting like the game's internal coil timing clock was throwing random numbers.
After perusing some old messages here and on Google, I disconnected the USB cable from the motherboard to the left front of the cabinet, where the Bluetooth dongle (which I took out several months ago) would normally be . THE PROBLEM WENT AWAY, immediately and (so far, fingers crossed) permanently.

I haven't seen this issue on mine, but thank you for posting. Hopefully, it will help others that are experiencing this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 22.50
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/di-kickout-timing-problem-solved and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.