Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gorgar007
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Anyone have any idea why my drone propellers are not spinning? I went to the coil test for each of them and while the leds light up, none of the props spin on any of them.

Its a subtle action, but i swear i have seen it happen while playing. I have no idea when it stopped.

Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Connector below the playfield come undone ?

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

One spins on occasion. But its having a hard time. Is the cable the drives the led the same as what drives the props?

#4 5 years ago

Are u checking them in the settings menu? Its hard to tell sometines with the glass on during gameplsy. Take glass off and test in settings

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

One spins on occasion. But its having a hard time. Is the cable the drives the led the same as what drives the props?

Ive seen this behaviour on location and at MGC.

#6 5 years ago

I also have the same problem with mine..one has a hard time spinning the other 2 don't spin at all during gameplay. When I test them they all spin fine.

#7 5 years ago

I really don't even notice them spinning to often while playing. Had the glass off the other day and was really surprised how much air those little props move around.

#8 5 years ago

Make sure the propellers haven't been squished against the body of the drone. I've seen that happen. It's easy to reach in there, bend them up a little bit, and then they should spin. The 4 motors for each drone are wired in series in the circuit board, so if one spins, they all should. If none spin, but the lights still flash, you may have a broken wire internally on one of the motors or in the connection between the motor and the circuit board.

It IS the same cable that runs the lights and propellers.

Cheers,

- Dude who designed the circuitry for that game

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I really don't even notice them spinning to often while playing. Had the glass off the other day and was really surprised how much air those little props move around.

They really do move alot of air lol

#10 5 years ago

Guys, thanks for the help.

I pulled the glass last night and gave it a look. When i get home ill inspect closer.

Hogbog like most little drones, i imagine i can pull the props off to see if the shaft will spin? Also, which test should i use? I am assuming I was in the correct test by using the drone coil test that lit up the leds?

Also i assume that anytime i hear the drone sound effect the props should spin?

Thanks!

#11 5 years ago

Not 100% sure every time the drones turn on in game, but the coil test feature definitely makes the props spin and lights blink.

Yup, you can pull the props off.

#12 5 years ago

Okay, so i checked all the props and found none of them to be clearly binding. That being said, i was unwilling to pull the props, because i swear i was going to break the drone.

The behavior of the drone is as follows during the test.

None of the drones will spin until i manually start a prop. First one was with my finger, and i warn anyone, they may be little, but they sting just a bit...hah... it appeared that as long as i spun the prop the drone would pulse a few times. It was a pulse of two or three then it would stop until manual intervention.

The good news is that my machine is under warranty.

The bad news is that the likelyhood of all three being bad is low, and that there is some other problem.

Any other thoughts are appreciated. For now ill use the warranty process before i take apart one of the drones and apply some direct current.

#15 5 years ago

Had this with my Black Drone.

Air Ball I think hit the drone, causing motor shaft to bend. That stopped all the props on the drone.

Put in a ticket, got new drone, all OK!

#16 5 years ago

I have the same issue with the black drone. If I rotate the props it will spin for a ball or two then stops. It lights up like it should spin, so I am assuming the drone shaft or something else internal is bad. Waiting for a new drone to come in.

#17 5 years ago

My black drone didn't work either. Tried the cable from another drone and still nothing. JJP sent a new one worked great

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/di-drone-propellers-not-spinning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.