Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180917_105741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180917_105758 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180916_121940 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

Just got my DILE today. Yay! For some reason, I can't get into the backbox with the backbox keys. The lock is sitting at a slight angle (maybe 5 degrees counterclockwise of straight up/down). I can turn it a little bit further in that direction and that's it. No matter which key or direction, I can't get this lock open. So I'm wondering:
Which way is the lock supposed to turn to open? Clockwise or counterclockwise? I'm theorizing it's supposed to go clockwise, and it was overtightened at the factory, past the vertical position, so I can't push it past the translite plastic in the correct direction. I can see the lock from behind through the fan vent hole, and the lock bar is definitely not straight.
Any tips on how to fix this situation without drilling the lock? I verified the number on the lock and the keys match. Kind of frustrated!

The backglass is in SUPER TIGHT. You probably need to fiddle with the backglass up and down a little while turning the lock. It took me a few tries to unlock it and a few more to get it locked again. Locking it took more than getting it unlocked. I was afraid I'd break it!

#9 2 years ago

Looking at it more closely, it seems like the lock bar is slightly too long on the one here and instead of securing the top of the glass so you can't lift it, it's going behind the top and snagging the trim. I literally had the top trim pull off because it was caught in the bottom of the "L" on the lock bar.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Unscrew the speaker panel. Careful of the wires.
LTG : )

Why doesn't JJP fix this on the line. The lock bar is just a hair too long. Moving the drilled hole for the lock up 1/8" or shortening the bar by the same will fix the issue.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They have. Some games got out before it became apparent.
LTG : )

Ah! Good to know!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside