DILE-ScreenStraight (resized).jpg
DILE-RightScreenLatchNormal (resized).jpg
DILE-LeftScreenLatchBent (resized).jpg
DILE-ScreenCrooked (resized).jpg
image3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180917_105741 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180917_105758 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180916_121940 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cujo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 5 years ago

I picked up one of the early 6/2017 Dialed In LE's the other day and had to take the two speaker panel screws out as mentioned.
Here is a pic of what I saw when opened. Is there a pic or a service bulletin online that will explains how this should look/fix?
Glad I found this thread about taking out the two speaker screws as that was the ON:Y way the backglass was coming off.

IMG_20180916_121940 (resized).jpgIMG_20180916_121940 (resized).jpg
#21 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I had the same issue when I first received my pin.
Instead of trying to bend out the latch as some had recommended, I called JJP and Frank (in Service Support) sent me a new lock & latch.
I would give JJP a call.

Thanks. I will call or email.
I'll pull the existing lock latch out while I have it apart.

#23 5 years ago

I took the lock out of the speaker panel.
Screwed the speaker wood panel back on and still couldn't get backglass in place still. Would not clear the bottom lip.
Loosened the 2 screws and still struggled with it. In fact gave up for now till I find out what the issue is. Does the revised lock cam mech take care of that?

#24 5 years ago

I was told I might need to trim some wood of the top cutouts of the speaker baffle box to get it to fit more easily since mine as a very early game.
Anyone else have to do that? Mine measures 1". JJP says it should be 1.25"...Skinnier tape is mine now. Thicker tape showing 1.25" is what JJP states it should be.
IMG_20180917_105741 (resized).jpgIMG_20180917_105741 (resized).jpgIMG_20180917_105758 (resized).jpgIMG_20180917_105758 (resized).jpgimage3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpeg

#26 5 years ago

Lloyd, I found a way to manipulate the backglass on and off without trimming the wood.

For now, the lock mechanism has been taken out, awaiting the modified one from JJP.

When I replace the glass on the game, I lift as high as it can go, then i attach a suction cup top center right below the speaker bar and pull the glass at the top towards me as I keep lifting. It works!

I probably will still do the wood modification eventually.

3 years later
#29 2 years ago
Quoted from pmontelo:

Thanks for all of the info in this thread, it helped me out a lot. I was trying to get into my backbox for the first time on my "new to me" DILE #324.
I couldn't budge the backglass even though I had no trouble rotating the backbox lock.
In my case the problem turned out to be that the monitor was sitting in front of the latch on the left side of the backbox, which pushed it tight against the backglass.
I had to unscrew the speakers to get it out, and then noticed that the screen latch was bent on the left side.
That also explained why my screen was slightly crooked behind the backglass.
Not sure how many other people are still buying used DILEs, but if your having problems getting in the backbox for the first time, try checking to make sure your monitor is latched correctly on both sides.
I did not need to remove any wood as CUJO showed in his picture, or need to remove the foam padding on the display.
I only have 1" of cutout, but my backglass slides in easily when I have the monitor latched correctly on both sides.
While I was in there, I moved the Bluetooth USB dongle to an open connector on the motherboard to free the front USB connector for a WiFi dongle for the 1.75 update. I hope this helps the next pinsider out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Smart move on moving the Bluetooth dongle to the open USB port on the motherboard. I'm going to follow your lead.
Let me know how the 1.75 update looks and if there is anything exciting "happening" now that your DILE is connected to the outside world.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cujo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/di-cant-get-into-my-backbox?tu=cujo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.