Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Doozie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I was noticing that the shooter tip was holding up for a couple seconds after launch. I checked the mechanics and nothing was holding it there. I noticed this had a coil with a diode that was wrapped on but not soldered. All of the other coils (except flippers) have no diode. So is this diode suppose to be there, does anyone else have it on their shooter coil.

#2 7 years ago

there is a diode there. my gun is acting sluggish lately runs super slow. it works in gun solenoid test, but during test it doesn't move consistently, is that normal?

can you check your gun in solenoid test to see how it moves for me for comparison? you can check the schematics on the diodes here:
http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=684
the diode you are looking at is a 1.0A I believe?

i'm wondering if my gun driver board diode or coils are going bad?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Doozie:

I was noticing that the shooter tip was holding up for a couple seconds after launch. I checked the mechanics and nothing was holding it there. I noticed this had a coil with a diode that was wrapped on but not soldered. All of the other coils (except flippers) have no diode. So is this diode suppose to be there, does anyone else have it on their shooter coil.

Generally, diodes are not required on any WPC coils other than the flippers.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

there is a diode there

I was referring to the driver board diode off of the gun motor. there is also a diode that runs the gun motor bracket switch.

#5 7 years ago

I was referring to the shooter coil diode not the gun coil. On initial start up the gun moves fairly quickly. On solenoid test the gun moves in small spurts. The shooter coil seems to work with the diode removed.

#6 7 years ago

so your shooter coil is working now?

Quoted from Doozie:

The shooter coil seems to work with the diode removed.

did you download the manual at the pinball database?

#7 7 years ago

It always did work but had the diode wrapped on. I have a printed manual from before and can't find a diode listed in the parts list for the shooter coil. Pindoctor has also indicated that a diode is not needed. I also took it apart, cleaned up the sleeve and aligned it correctly and it doesn't stick up anymore.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
4,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Howell, MI
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
PinSound

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside