Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by F14_Hitman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20140713_191912.jpg
20140713_191937.jpg
casn.jpg
2013-07-29 102.png

#1 5 years ago

Pretty damn cheap if you ask me, looks good at a quick glance:

ebay.com link » Dirty Harry Pinball Machine

#2 5 years ago

I just saw that....solid price. Who doesn't love a dirty cop!

Hmmm, only 40 miles from me.

2013-07-29 102.png

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Who doesn't love a dirty cop!

I do!

#4 5 years ago

That is a true sample game .

#5 5 years ago

needs better pics at that price, regardless of being a sample.

Contact him Flanker and make the deal off epay!

Should be able to grab it for 2k cash and carry.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hmmm, only 40 miles from me.

Its the next town over from me and about 20 minutes east of Jay.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

That is a true sample game .

What's an untrue sample game then?

#8 5 years ago

Like this game, but that head took a beating.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

One where the drop target was added to a production machine?

#10 5 years ago

Drop target really adds to this game... warehouse mode (single ball) becomes much more lucrative and dangerous, with the door blocking every shot. Door is usually up which removes this lane as a safe place to put the ball to regain control.

Chris Hutchins and possibly others can add the hole and drop target and make it look factory. Otherwise, grab a sample like this. One of the few sample features that dramatically improves gameplay.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

There are a few differences from a production game. I have seen some DH with the target added to look like a Sample game.

I was just stating that this game for sale is one of the 80 samples made.

I encourage anyone that owns a production DH to blow a hole in the PF and add the target assembly. It really improves game play by a ton !

#12 5 years ago

I'd love to have this game.. just don't have the ability to drop 2 large on it right now. That's a mighty fair price...

#13 5 years ago

I definitely agree that it is a very good price. BUT it looks very similar to the one that sold for 1200 in Omaha not too long ago... May not even be the same one... All I'm saying is I think (85%) the one in Omaha was somewhat unworking. Could have been anything from a fuse to a hack repair to a well executed repair. Just don't "get in a hurry" if you go after this one and check it thoroughly... Doesn't mean squat, but that's a quick turnaround.... Just do your due diligence....

casn.jpg

#14 5 years ago

There was a much nicer protoype DH on E-bay about 6 months ago for $1900 with cheap shipping that I almost pulled the trigger on. But I ended up with a very clean production model instead.

#15 5 years ago

Somebody bought it...

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

Somebody bought it...

Smart ! With the price of pins lately , that DH sample was a steal .

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Smart ! With the price of pins lately , that DH sample was a steal .

I spoke to someone that took a look at it last week and said it was pretty bad shape in person with many broken parts and some missing also.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I spoke to someone that took a look at it last week and said it was pretty bad shape in person with many broken parts and some missing also.

Well, a beat to shit addams is 4K plus , DH sample for 2K isn't a bad deal. I will play a DH sample over a TAF all day !

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I will play a DH sample over a TAF all day !

I may take your advice and add the drop target to mine while it's apart. A basic single bank unit I would imagine. Too bad nobody sells one complete. At least not that I know of.

#20 5 years ago

It's not a quick and easy job to add the drop target, even if you don't care how the art looks around it.

I believe I heard somewhere that JJP uses the WMS single DT mech in WOZ. If that's the case, you might be able to buy an entire target assy reasonably.

Someone here had a used sample playfield awhile back, but it was quickly clear that it was worth substantially more to him than it was to me. Too bad, as I have a WPC-S cabinet and board set I could've dropped it right into.. and a spare drop target assy I've been hoarding til I can find another DH

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

It's not a quick and easy job to add the drop target,

Nothing ever is. But the time to do it is when the playfield is stripped down, which is where mine is now. I'm guessing the key is to locate it properly and not make the hole too big. And then order the correct game ROM .

#22 5 years ago

I seem to remember when HEP did a conversion, he used a FT playfield to make a 'template' for where to cut/drill/etc to mount the drop target up.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

It's not a quick and easy job to add the drop target, even if you don't care how the art looks around it.

I believe I heard somewhere that JJP uses the WMS single DT mech in WOZ. If that's the case, you might be able to buy an entire target assy reasonably.

It is not bad once you get past the PF. The wiring for the switch is there but you do have to run one wire up to the driver board . Programming is already there. The woz target won't work and the drop assembly is hard to find . I had to build one for a STTNG and had to get parts from a few vendors and one part was the last one .

#24 5 years ago

I've got a T-2 I could use for a template. Problem is I just put that one all back together. The best option would be to get a drop target assembly from another machine that is being parted out. It is a long list of parts to make one.

#25 5 years ago

My No Fear doesn't want to give up it's drop target either

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

There are a few differences from a production game. I have seen some DH with the target added to look like a Sample game.
I was just stating that this game for sale is one of the 80 samples made.
I encourage anyone that owns a production DH to blow a hole in the PF and add the target assembly. It really improves game play by a ton !

Ok, gotcha. I'm not sure how many more than 80 it was, but I've got one that's serial #104 that has the drop target installed.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Pretty damn cheap if you ask me, looks good at a quick glance:
ebay.com link ยป Dirty Harry Pinball Machine

Glad I picked mine up a while back from dude in the sticks

#28 5 years ago

Are plastic sets/ramps available for this game? Does anyone have a plastic set?

#29 5 years ago

Gene had lots of partial sets at Ohio Show a couple years ago. Whoever wound up with that stock should have some.

#30 5 years ago

I was the one who took a chance & bought the machine. The cabinet is a bit nicer than I thought, better than an average routed game, although still has holes for the lockdown bar. Translite is perfect. Machine is 100% working. The left slingshot plastic is broken. The right ramp is cracked, but the crack kind of fits the theme. The playfield is overall in very good shape (only minimal insert wear), but there is an area near a VUK with some significant wear.

So it wasn't a ridiculous steal, but not a bad deal for a sample game.

20140713_191937.jpg 20140713_191912.jpg
#31 5 years ago

nice. when you want to sell it give me a pm.

#32 5 years ago

If anyone is looking for a DH in the NY area I am selling mine or really looking for a trade. Check out my post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-dirty-harry-for-trade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside