Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by fireball2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

With Steve Charland as a good friend living nearby, I never had to learn the system80 way of life. He bullet-proofed both of my Black Holes back when I was new to the hobby.

With Steve's passing now I (any many others) have no choice -- time to learn new things...

System80 adventure is go!

Looking for helpful friends to toss out ideas.

I have a very nice Devil's Dare, and it won't boot. I have GI... Last thing we "know" is it lost sound at a show. We don't know if it was touched after that or not.

I'll start by reseating all connectors, then I guess I'll check power test points -- after that I'll be in the dark.

Thanks for any and all help!
-mof

#2 6 years ago

power readings:

DS2: 5v = .001 (bad)
TP1: 60v = 68v (good)
TP2: 42v = 50v (good)
TP3: 5vdc = .006 (bad)
TP5: 8v = 8v (great)

So clearly an issue with 5v - no surprise since it's not booting.

-mof

#3 6 years ago

Smashed female molex connector -- 1 stupid pin going into the top left power board... Opened it up we are golden. Even got the sound back !!!!
-mof

#4 6 years ago

I was gonna tell you to bring it to PAGG, but it looks like Sparky's bringing one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brandenburg, KY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/devils-dare-wont-boot?hl=blownfuse_spawn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.