You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1020815_zpsc37902b3.jpg
P1020814_zpsaa70e8b3.jpg
P1020813_zps466808b9.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Some months ago I bought a Devil Riders, and to be honest I never even heard of Zaccaria before. (and I live in Europe, go figure) But I was very surprised by the quality of the playfield and actually the whole machine. They are very easy to strip and clean. The machine was in an overall nice condition, but the ramps and the other metal pieces bothered me. They had gotten dull and spotted over the time.

So I dicided to give 'em a little treatment. Using only this:

http://solutions.3mbelgie.be/3MContentRetrievalAPI/BlobServlet?lmd=1331116283000&locale=en_EU&assetType=MMM_Image&assetId=1319222728932&blobAttribute=ImageFile

You can see the metal parts were once chromed, but now we were going for the brushed steel look.

P1020815_zpsc37902b3.jpgP1020815_zpsc37902b3.jpg

Here the left ramp is untreated and the right ramp is treated:
P1020814_zpsaa70e8b3.jpgP1020814_zpsaa70e8b3.jpg

World of difference if you ask me. This is a very budget friendly way to give you all the metal parts, and older machines have a lot of them, a new life! I ended up doing all the metal parts on the playfield, and even a few underneath the playfield. Just make sure you keep brushing in one direction.

P1020813_zps466808b9.jpgP1020813_zps466808b9.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Nice work and a good idea! Enjoy your game! Love the zacs....

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nice work and a good idea! Enjoy your game! Love the zacs....

Thanks. My next project will be a Zaccaria's Magic Castle. Can't wait to get started! I love these machines.

1 week later
#4 10 years ago

That ramp came out AMAZING. I'm considering buying CaptNeos Devil Riders thats FS now and am curious do you know if drop target stickers are avail?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from GUMBO:

That ramp came out AMAZING. I'm considering buying CaptNeos Devil Riders thats FS now and am curious do you know if drop target stickers are avail?

Thanks.

Drop target stickers are not available. So you're stuck to own production, something i don't think I wouldn't even recommend, because the drop targets artwork are 3D, they're not just printed and flat. Or you could try and find replacements.

You can't see it in the pictures but I had to use some Time Machine drop targets because i had a few broken ones too. Replica's are not being made yet.

I haven't regret buying that Devil Riders a single moment yet, love it!

#6 10 years ago

hi mantra,whats the name of the product?
the link only show a partial label.thanks joe

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

hi mantra,whats the name of the product?
the link only show a partial label.thanks joe

Hi,

I don't know the correct word in English,but it's used for polishing steel. It's like sanding paper, but a lot softer and flexible. I also use it to shine metal posts. You just put the metal post in your power drill and you hold it against this stuff, looks like new when you're done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/devil-riders-ramp-revival and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.