You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2650_INTACK.jpg
IMG_1601 (resized).jpeg
2650_Reset.jpg
run_wait (resized).png
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

I'll probably keep on going with this thread, for the rest of the machine, even though the original 'boot' problem is now solved.

As it currently stands I can start a game, but it never kicks the ball into the shooter lane and flippers are inactive. In fact I only have a few working solenoids, mostly just the ones for the drops. Most lights work, not all. Displays are probably going to have to be replaced.

I don't see any activity from playfield switches at all. Actually, the only switches that do seem to be working are the start button and one of the credit buttons.

No sounds at all. Not surprised as the 3081 on the CPU board that drives them is currently removed. I had been getting some sounds during my non-boot situation.

Just going to knock these problems down one at a time. I/O stuff like lamps and solenoids doesn't tend to give me much trouble.

#52 4 years ago

Finding my main source of problems with the playfield is probably going to be loose wiring. Already repaired 5, half of them on the coin door.

So I was able to get into the self test, and all but one coil were working fine. That one coil? Disconnected wire.
There are a LOT of switches out, which is going to be fun, because many of them seem isolated issues.

Still have a couple loose ones I haven't found homes for yet.

A bit disconcerting is that when I touch the right ramp and the side rail I'm getting a very good electrical tingle. Need to find THAT for sure.

#53 4 years ago

Well, at this point I can declare this game almost fully operational. Looks like I've only got one actual lamp circuit out on the driver board, and only one solenoid I can't find an easy solution to yet. That and the displays are still all screwy. Otherwise I'm running just fine now. Not much else to discuss here I guess.

#54 4 years ago

Did you get the flippers sorted out? There are 2 fuses on the bottom of the playfield for the flippers (maybe 1 for flippers and 1 for something else? i can't remember). But there's also a relay under there for the flippers. Hopefully the relay is still good.

#55 4 years ago

Yep, was actually a switch problem. The trough switch was very badly bent out of shape, and unless it recognized the ball it wouldn't activate the flippers.
Things got a lot easier once I could get into the diagnostics.

At the moment only two things are confusing me.

One is a loose wire I can't find a home for (Red with Brown stripe, near the right 7k/8k bonus lights). Everything in that area is working as best I can tell.

The other is how to easily change the bulbs behind the 6 standups for the back lower playfield. I really don't want to pull that whole upper playfield off.

#56 4 years ago

Unfortunately my devil riders is currently folded up. I may set it up here in the near future and if I do I'll take a look at things.

#57 4 years ago

No worries. I'm pretty sure I'll have to take that upper playfield off to get to those six lamps. I just want to wait until I have enough LED's to cover them. A few other parts are on the way from Marco as well to get the last couple things working again.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

At the moment only two things are confusing me.

One is a loose wire I can't find a home for (Red with Brown stripe, near the right 7k/8k bonus lights).

Did you find where this wire goes? I can't see any red-brown wires listed on the playfield wiring diagrams.

Glad to hear you've otherwise got it all working!

#59 4 years ago

Finally found it, went to one of the lamp sockets, and now my 6k lamps are working too. This means the playfield is now working 100%.

This leaves me with just a few things on the list left to fix. Needs flipper rubbers, a few more bulbs, sort out a battery replacement, that sound driver 3081, drive belt for the bike.... these are all in the 'easy' column as I tinker, and most of them I have parts on order or will be grabbing locally today.

The only thing of any real consequence to sort out will be displays. I haven't decided on my plan of attack for them just yet. While the plasma's on mine look to be in good shape, I really don't feel like bothering repairing the originals. I may go straight to designing my on variant of an LED replacement, based on the schematic from New Stars Phoenix.

Then I can start on product development for Zac's. I have a good list of ideas already, as time permits.

#60 4 years ago

Hey, good news, my parts are arriving today! Will be fun to start playing this one.

Much thanks to you guys for helping me figure out the system. Really not too bad once you know it, but it's just SOOO different than what I'm used to dealing with.

-Hans

#61 4 years ago

Well, poop. Sound works but quits after just a minute or two, LED comes on for a locked up sound board. Power cycle and it comes back to lift.

I’ll look at it later, stuff to do with the family for now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/devil-riders-non-booting-cpu-problem/page/2?hl=pinball_ric and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.