- (resized).jpg
dwarf (resized).jpg
hobbit-image-1 (resized).jpg
hobbit_mode_balls_locked (resized).jpg
15313521856913595982898169067775 (resized).jpg
hobbit_download_screenshot (resized).jpg
IMG_2897 (resized).JPG
bb25ec62ab8fb24c6bc4cb17537a392498a8cb06.png.png (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider georgeh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Thanks for all the feedback. Let me capture the comments and questions in one place...
Ball saver callouts: There are more callouts now. They go along with the Ball Saved animation.
"Multiball!" callout at beginning of Smaug MB has changed: Whoops! My mistake. In one of the passes I made to clean up the sound effects, I accidentally swapped the callout between Smaug MB and Beast Frenzy. I have fixed this for the next update.
Mode "ball locked" sounds are out of order: Another mistake, but too complicated to explain. Fixed for next update.
Smaug game over speech: This is still there, and there are more phrases now. However, Smaug will not say anything if he already said something for entering initials. Also, he won't speak up on short games. For next update, I've adjusted some things to strike a better balance between "too often" and "not enough".
"Arkenstone" callout for spotting Arkenstone tasks happens too frequently: For next update, I moved this to go along with the Arkenstone Qualified animation. I'll think about something else to put in there to draw attention to the task spotting.
Add mode tier/stars to Book display in next update: Implemented for next update.
Gollum speech on outlane: Gollum callouts happen now only when Gollum Ball Save is triggered. (There are more than just "Nooo!" as well.) I'm going to look at this some more, since there may be some clashes between those callouts and the "It's ours!" callout. (Which also gets cut off.)
Qualifier for Book Modes always lit at ball start: This has not been changed, and is controlled by the difficulty setting. If you don't like this behavior, I suggest changing Book Mode Difficulty to 5.
Test Report flags "hobbit drops" error: Previously, the drop target code did not report errors, even though it was keeping track of them internally. Apparently, it's a little too conservative about clearing errors. Fixed in the next update. (The label should read "DROP TARGET BANKS", not "hobbit drops" *sigh*) If this error is persistent on your game, try going into DROP BANK LIFE TEST and let it run for a couple of minutes. (Full Menu->Tests->Device Tests->Drop Bank Life Test)
Book Mode shot lamp effect: The effect was made flashier in 2.95. Changed the color (sort of dusty blue) and timing for next update.
At start of Smaug MB, Smaug sometimes doesn't roar: I have observed some oddness with Smaug phrases in a few places. I will dig into it and figure out what's happening.
Blinking Ring button is distracting: I'll discuss this with the team on Monday. (Probably will leave as-is.)
Blink Ring Button while entering initials for high score: Implemented for next update.
Is there a status report page showing achievement results in Arkenstone Modes? No, but the addition is under consideration.
Please add "coin door ball save": I'll discuss this with the team on Monday.
"Dwarf horn" is too big/loud for its use: Yes, a smaller sound is needed instead of this one. This will be remedied in the next update.
What's going on with the Bilbo/Gandalf/Radagast arrows? These lamps were barely used previously. (Only in Arkenstone modes, IIRC.) They now reflect the state of the Bilbo/Gandalf/Radagast mode qualifiers - solid when spotted, blinking when not spotted.
--Ted

The bait - left ramp doesn't drop beasts to hide for right ramp shot

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Shot was changed to left hole ("Balin") so that it sets up the shot to right.
--Ted

See image still says left ramp

IMG_2897 (resized).JPGIMG_2897 (resized).JPG
#215 5 years ago

Anyway we can download the new rules for the hobbit to print

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anybody tried the dongle adventures on TH? Doesn't the stick unlock a timed game with certain objectives? Maybe Ted can comment on it's deployment on TH / any improvements with the code update?

What stick is there a pindemption dongle for hobbit like in woz if so where can we buy it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider georgeh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/details-new-hobbit-code?tu=georgeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.