- (resized).jpg
dwarf (resized).jpg
hobbit-image-1 (resized).jpg
hobbit_mode_balls_locked (resized).jpg
15313521856913595982898169067775 (resized).jpg
hobbit_download_screenshot (resized).jpg
IMG_2897 (resized).JPG
bb25ec62ab8fb24c6bc4cb17537a392498a8cb06.png.png (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beowulfz07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 5 years ago

Love this game, there are so many satisfying shots and very unique ways of using the shots for a lot of the modes.
Even the multiple way they use the drop targets is awesome, true skill shots, nice mix of wide body and stanard body play,
Absolutely stunning theme integration and the sound and use of it is the best I’ve heard, I’ve added an active sub and unlike on other games it is controlled and makes Smaug’s voice fill the room.
The only issue I had was beast MB running at same time as Smaug, that’s now fixed - awesome.
Love my DI but this just keeps me coming back for more

#30 5 years ago

Awesome Update Ted, Thankyou.
As an aside, do you think it would be possible to add a camera mounted on the top box to capture for high scores like DI and forthcoming POTC? I don’t know how difficult it would be to incorporate in the code and for JJP to sell a camera with mount to plug into the usb and it would be well kwl if the pictures were made to look like drawings similar to how you’ve done the wanted posters in POTC.
We keep posing for the camera on Hobbit when we enter scores as we are so used to doing it for DI and it’s so much fun.
Anyway, just an idea but very grateful for the huge update

#44 5 years ago

Thanks Ted
I for one will be installing the delta the moment it becomes available, and really looking forward to seeing what you’ve done, coupled that with going to TILT in Birmingham UK to play the pre release version of POTC for the first time, which I’ve preordered and this is Xmas come early, although I do hope I’m playing on my own POTC LE on Xmas day
Have a storm Ted

#54 5 years ago

Thanks Ted, for such a painstakingly huge update that makes a great table even better, your skill shot was awesome, I need some more practice.
Off to download the update, massive Thankyou to you and all at JJP

#68 5 years ago

Just to clarify, that the setting for preventing beast MB with Smaug MB defaults to NO which means the MB’s CAN run together. So you need to enable this to stop it. So the description is correct.
I could write an essay on all the new things that I love, so will just say that the update is simply stunning with my absolute favourites being a load more Smaug speech, the journal, high score tables and tracking, map clarity, lighting and Arkenstone modes.
The only thing I miss is the Multiball Callout for Smaug MB where it used to shouted but now is spoken the same as other MB modes, so that’s the only criticism I have and that’s constructive lol
Enjoy your weekend coz I certainly will

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from Joz:

Ted,
Is there a status screen for arkenstone mode progress? I always wonder how many stages I was able to complete or how close I was to finishing the mode.

I believe it’s in the Journal status screens which you can get at any time while playing the game by holding left flipper button in and cycling through the pages with the right flipper button, it’s pretty awesome

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

There's a screen for the tasks required to qualify the next Arkenstone mode, but Joz is asking about feedback on how far he progressed in the previous Arkenstone mode. That information isn't shown anywhere.
I'll add this idea to my notes.
--Ted

Sorry Ted, misunderstood his question.
All the speech when entering high scores is great, except the “dear fellow” which seems really low but only heard or sort of heard once so will listen out for it again.
Bizarre about the Smaug mb Callout as it’s definitely more spoken now than shouted but in any case, with so many excellent changes you can’t please everyone. Thanks again for a lot of time and effort

#119 5 years ago

I really like the dwarf horn !!!!

#120 5 years ago

I really like the dwarf horn !!!!

#132 5 years ago

Played all day today and teds list of comments / fixes cover everything I’ve noticed as well as other members keen eyes !
Re the Smaug/Beast MB setting, I did put to ON to prevent it but after a few plays and listening to comments on the stream regarding the beasts now appearing in waves and the ability to cancel beast MB with the ring button, I have now changed it back to default setting off NO and find it better, so worth trying.
Finally, Ted, after you’ve entered your name in high score, it then shows last game “player 1” etc, is it possible to insert the just entered name/s instead?
Only minor, would just make it look better.
Thanks yet again

#140 5 years ago

That same thing has occurred to me once or twice. Easier to describe than to implement, though. Maybe I can talk Keith into tackling that one.
--Ted

Thanks Ted

#177 5 years ago

Ted, I know you must be tired of hearing it but ...... THANKYOU !!!
The love and dedication put into this machine is clear on so many levels.
It is a real pleasure to play and the damn thing keeps calling me back for more.
I will never get tired of playing it, a true classic.

#207 5 years ago

Excellent and very quick update Ted, Thankyou.
Sure do miss that Dwarf Horn

#212 5 years ago

You're welcome. I miss it, too. I might install it as a ring tone on my phone.
--Ted

I’ve just put it as ring tone on my phone!
Can’t wait to go to work tomorrow and hear it on the hands free sitting in traffic with the windows open !
The Hobbit is a game that just keeps on giving Ted

#232 5 years ago

Yeah, well, I threw that in as a "hidden" feature, but I guess it was too subtle to be easily discovered.
--Ted

Omg Ted,
You do subtle too ? (Que Dwarf Horn Sound ).
Are you going to be steaming tomorrow?

#242 5 years ago

POTC is being streamed or steamed today 9pm uk so I think that’s 3pm eastern and 4pm central. But forgive me I’m just a tourist

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 25.50
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beowulfz07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/details-new-hobbit-code?tu=beowulfz07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.