- (resized).jpg
dwarf (resized).jpg
hobbit-image-1 (resized).jpg
hobbit_mode_balls_locked (resized).jpg
15313521856913595982898169067775 (resized).jpg
hobbit_download_screenshot (resized).jpg
IMG_2897 (resized).JPG
bb25ec62ab8fb24c6bc4cb17537a392498a8cb06.png.png (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jackalwere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#347 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Good points. Geek Squad for pinball business opportunity.
It can't be that bad though if cheap kids toys come with wifi...we're buying $8k man toys and they can't integrate a basic wifi? C'mon.

I wouldn't mind as long as you could have both wi-fi and USB options. I live in a rural area with limited internet options. One of the things I really love about pinball machines is that they aren't tied to the internet and I can enjoy them without having to have it. Every other damn piece of electronics I buy demands to be connected to the internet. The beauty of USB is that I can take my laptop into Starbucks in town, download the update, and bring it home and install it.

But I also wouldn't want resources wasted on developing wi-fi, the time is better spent on code and design, and we sure as hell don't need anything else that drives the price up even a little. PotC is close to $10k already.

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes, it absolutely hurts it. The rules and depth might be there for the “pinball geek”, but for someone like me who likes games with personality and character, it’s a deal breaker. I can’t go from something like Hobbit to something like POTC. When I played it, it just felt really sterile and lifeless. You have all these characters, but no character! You have 5 movies worth of modes based on stories and moments...but there’s no story or moments to go along with the gameplay. There was one mode about a wedding...there’s nothing about a wedding while you’re playing. Stern’s POTC solved the issue of the licensor not branding movie assets: they simplified the narrative and didn’t make it based on specific movie things - you fight different ships with different captains who all have personalities and quotes as you attack, a la Medeival Madness’ castles. You collect gold, walk planks, fight krakens, etc. the sound alike Depp is good and makes you feel like it’s true to the license even tho it does it’s own thing.
Others have said this already, but whenever JJP licenses a movie or show - they should WALK and do something else if they can’t get the audio/video assets. Toy story should be fine since it’s all animation, and Wonka should be fine as it seems like older films are a bit easier to negotiate assets for.

I agree, you can't be immersed in the theme if you don't have the assets. Pirates looks cool and is probably going to be fun, but it won't be immersive in the same way The Hobbit is.

Also I swear I can hear some sounds from The Hobbit in PotC, like they re-used a few of the sound files instead of making new ones.

1 week later
#370 5 years ago

Hey JJP, do you realize how much more awesome this game would be if I could save my game and come back to it later? There's been several times where I only had about 15 minutes to play a game and decided not to. Imagine if you could play those 15 minutes, save your game by holding down the ring button for 5 seconds, shut the game off, then come back later and load a saved game and continue...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jackalwere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/details-new-hobbit-code?tu=Jackalwere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.