- (resized).jpg
dwarf (resized).jpg
hobbit-image-1 (resized).jpg
hobbit_mode_balls_locked (resized).jpg
15313521856913595982898169067775 (resized).jpg
hobbit_download_screenshot (resized).jpg
IMG_2897 (resized).JPG
bb25ec62ab8fb24c6bc4cb17537a392498a8cb06.png.png (resized).jpg
There are 475 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 5 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Thanks for the input - gonna go buy an old school 2.0 USB and hope it works - the operator I am working with this on had mentioned he has a lot of issues updating the code on the JJP games so this must be why. Guess if we find one that works we'll designate that for all his JJP machines
Updated Houdini on one of the USBs we tried for JJP and it worked fine so must be one of those compatibility things...

These are the drives I'm using and having no issues so far:

https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-DataTraveler-DTSE9H-8GBZ/dp/B006W8U2MU/ref=sr_1_5

You can get the kingston drives at Fedex office stores and maybe walgreens or CVS.

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

USB 3.0 drives will absolutely not work. Different brands use different drivers, too, and the game doesn’t have every single one loaded. Keep trying - I have about 10 USB drives and only -one- ever seems to work. That’s for JJP games and my Houdini

Kind of reminds me of Revenge from Mars. Thank god I still had an old win95 laptop hanging around or I wouldn't have been able to update the software. This could be a problem in 10 years.

#453 5 years ago

I've had zero problems using this with a micro SD card for my JJP stuff, and using windows 10.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0046TJG1U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage

And this micro sd card
https://smile.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B073JWXGNT/ref=sr_1_5

#454 5 years ago

Appreciate all the help - yeah my operator friend was like "at least this isn't as bad as updating Pinball2000"

#455 5 years ago

I had problems until I did 8 gig 2.0

#456 5 years ago

cool can't really find 8GB 2.0s in San Francisco since we're a tech town so I will try the ghetto grocery store and see what they have. Found some 16GB 2.0 so will try two of those later - hopefully they work - we had an 8GB 2.0 we did try but that one didn't work for some reason.... I'll post what brand works here if/when we are finally successful

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from genex:

cool can't really find 8GB 2.0s in San Francisco since we're a tech town so I will try the ghetto grocery store and see what they have. Found some 16GB 2.0 so will try two of those later - hopefully they work - we had an 8GB 2.0 we did try but that one didn't work for some reason.... I'll post what brand works here if/when we are finally successful

Did you try plugging the USB stick directly into the back of the computer? Bypassing the long cable to the front?

#458 5 years ago

OK got it to work finally - used Sandisk 16GB 2.0 I found at a Walgreens since the computer stores all had too large and fast (3.0) USBs. Gonna save this drive for just JJP updates!

IMG_9063 (resized).jpgIMG_9063 (resized).jpgIMG_9065 (resized).jpgIMG_9065 (resized).jpg
#459 5 years ago

What's going to happen when technology moves on and you can no longer get the necessary USB sticks . I suppose stock up now.

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What's going to happen when technology moves on and you can no longer get the necessary USB sticks . I suppose stock up now.

Just hang on to the one you use when you patch it. I just keep mine in the hobbit coin tray area and get it when I need to patch.

Sounds like a good 8GB USB 2 stick is the best to have - get one or two of those and you're good.

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from genex:

can't really find 8GB 2.0s

Try repartitioning a larger one to have an 8Gb partition and see if that works.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from genex:

cool can't really find 8GB 2.0s in San Francisco since we're a tech town

Amazon has a million of them in bulk if needed...

1 week later
#463 5 years ago

Version 3.10 is up on the JJP site to download

== Version 3.10 January 14, 2019 ==
== 3.10 ISO image MD5 checksum: 46eb3aa56a055564673ce5ed19b4ac63 ==
==============================================================================

- NOTE: This is a FULL INSTALL release

=== Game Code

* Fixed rare game reset in Smaug Multiball
* Fixed Game Over lamp effect after entering name/initials
* Fixed Spider hits in Battle of Five Armies stage 6
* Fixed mode total display in Barrel Escape and Battle of Five Armies
* Fixed speech in "Escape from Goblin-town"
* Adjusted timing of "Stage X Complete" display/speech in Battle of Five Armies
* Changed Barrel Escape to split Stage 2 A/B parts into separate stages
* Polished up various lamp effects
* Adjusted gain and music ducking on several sound effects
* Added mode total screens for Arkenstone Modes

=== Core Code

* Fixed UK pricing presets

=== OS

* Fixed sound loss/distortion that occurs after game on for several hours
* Performance improvements

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Version 3.10 is up on the JJP site to download
== Version 3.10 January 14, 2019 ==
== 3.10 ISO image MD5 checksum: 46eb3aa56a055564673ce5ed19b4ac63 ==
==============================================================================
- NOTE: This is a FULL INSTALL release
=== Game Code
* Fixed rare game reset in Smaug Multiball
* Fixed Game Over lamp effect after entering name/initials
* Fixed Spider hits in Battle of Five Armies stage 6
* Fixed mode total display in Barrel Escape and Battle of Five Armies
* Fixed speech in "Escape from Goblin-town"
* Adjusted timing of "Stage X Complete" display/speech in Battle of Five Armies
* Changed Barrel Escape to split Stage 2 A/B parts into separate stages
* Polished up various lamp effects
* Adjusted gain and music ducking on several sound effects
* Added mode total screens for Arkenstone Modes
=== Core Code
* Fixed UK pricing presets
=== OS
* Fixed sound loss/distortion that occurs after game on for several hours
* Performance improvements

YEAH BABY!

1 year later
#465 3 years ago

Does anyone have an editable copy of the Hobbit Rulesheet? I have a PDF version that is 27 pages long from v0.6 Aug 2016 (https://images.pinside.com/8/79/08/879082bb3784112202e479a06ed37c010ddd4c01.pdf). I'd like to update this with full information, but cannot find an editable copy, as starting from the PDF is a mess. Anyone have a version that I can edit/update and then contribute back?

#466 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-rulesheet/page/4

Contact this guy. He offered his in word form. I would love an updated version!

1 month later
#467 3 years ago

Saw somewhere that there was a code 3.10.2 floating around. Can’t seem to find any details though. Not on JJP website, maybe just a beta to fix a few bugs.

#468 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Saw somewhere that there was a code 3.10.2 floating around. Can’t seem to find any details though. Not on JJP website, maybe just a beta to fix a few bugs.

All jjp games are getting wifi compatibility updates.

5 months later
#469 3 years ago

It's been a while since there was a code update.

What are people's hopes and dreams if another code update was to come out. For me it would be a mode or benefit for clearing a drop bank X amount of times.

It would be cool to see some progress towards something else once you've qualified the mode similar to how there's cyborg multiball on maiden.

#470 3 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

What are people's hopes and dreams if another code update was to come out. For me it would be a mode or benefit for clearing a drop bank X amount of times.
It would be cool to see some progress towards something else once you've qualified the mode similar to how there's cyborg multiball on maiden.

I would like to see the Balin shot added to the skill shots for 50K

#471 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I would like to see the Balin shot added to the skill shots for 50K

50K might be a bit high but 15-20k would be cool. I would like to see an outline skill shot as well.

#472 3 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Honestly I'm not sure. I think the ruleset is pretty amazing, those last few updates were huge and really revamped the game. Ted Estes and the JJP team did an incredible amount of code work with those final few updates. I also think Ted posted a while back that he has no desire to go back to the game after working on it so much with those final few updates.

#473 3 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

I would love to see more wizard modes. I know it's not supported on the playfield, but it's frustrating to go back to into the fire after battle.

Ed.
The dream would be a vault with three more wizard modes and a ramp coming down for the smaug killshot actually hitting a designated target on smaug.
Lika a collector vault edition with a really kickass topper.
One can dream.

#474 3 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

I think the rules are pretty great.
My #1 wishlist item would be to extend or add additional tracks for the dwarf music. It's too short and repetitive.

#475 3 years ago

There will be at least one more update. I think they will fix a bug or two and have the wifi interface for scorbit and bluetooth enabled. I'm pretty sure that will be the extent of it. The wifi interface has already been tested with beta code, so it's just a matter of them doing the final touches with that and getting the time to roll it out with the update. They are probably wanting to see how the GNR wifi works out with the customer base first to look for any combination of things that might have not shown up before.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
There are 475 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/details-new-hobbit-code/page/10?hl=reaper802 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.