(Topic ID: 241428)

Detached Garage Gameroom: Fantasy or Feasible?

By Hoopoebird

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rufessor
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10152379565890716 (resized).jpg
    10152669679560716 (resized).jpg
    20190331_154600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LargemouthAss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 5 years ago

As someone who works in Property Management in Washington DC I would say do NOT get a permit. The permit process in DC is very slow and cumbersome, many contractors are willing to work without them. No issues with zoning as your garage is not becoming a domicile and you are not running plumbing to it, if you have an HOA then check with them first. Hire an electrician to connect a new panel and run some outlets. You might be able to do the framing/drywall/insulation but I would hire someone to do it right unless you are experienced. I know some reasonable contractors, if you are interested send me a PM. I think the mini split system is the perfect option for heat/AC in a pinball garage. I would also add a dehumidifier and run it during the summer, these are cheap and easy to set up. I would keep the cement floor and see if you can paint it and seal it, I have seen some really cool garage floor art done in friend's houses and if sealed it really lasts.

The big question is the garage door. How old is your garage door? Are the seals on the bottom in good shape? If not can they be replaced? Do you have evidence of rodents in the garage? Is it an electric door or manual? Is it secure?

#21 5 years ago

(Also I loved your book!)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LargemouthAss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/detached-garage-gameroom-fantasy-or-feasible?tu=LargemouthAss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.