View topic image gallery

r2.jpg
image.jpg
get-attachment_(2).jpg
get-attachment_(1).jpg
get-attachment.jpg
get-attachment_(3).jpg
#1 10 years ago

Been on the hunt for a DESW for a long time. Finally picked one up on a trade with another pinsider. Spent the majority of the day working on it. Decided to add led's and since you can't access DE pin's GI bulbs from under the playfield, PAIN IN THE ASS, decided to go ahead and tear the topside down and clean it up real nice. Pin was already fairly clean but figured I'd clean it good while adding bulbs. Used CT frosted for the GI's and tried out Comet Pinball non ghosting LED's in the inserts and some other spots. Nice looking led's and very competitive pricing, will def buy from them again. Fun game! Has the new ROM's installed, never played it under the old ruleset, but I'd def say it's a sleeper pin. Great gameplay, artwork, and sounds. Very pleased and don't see this pin going anywhere anytime soon!

get-attachment_(3).jpgget-attachment_(3).jpg get-attachment.jpgget-attachment.jpg get-attachment_(1).jpgget-attachment_(1).jpg get-attachment_(2).jpgget-attachment_(2).jpg

#2 10 years ago

Congrats!

You can find a complete rules guide that incorporates the new rule set at www.pinballcode.com

Click the Guide link up top.

#3 10 years ago

Quick video. Sloppy play. LOL

#4 10 years ago

Congrats! Don't forget to get the backglass autographed by the original trilogy cast to maximize the value!

#5 10 years ago

Congrats! Fantastic pin!

#6 10 years ago

Great score! I've always wanted one.

#7 10 years ago

That is a very fun pin that doesn't get enough love. DE SW was my first pin. I had an opportunity to trade it plus cash for a LOTR. That was the only reason it left my house. You're in for some big fun!

#8 10 years ago

Great stuff, very cool pin, I love mine. if you haven't done so already put some LED's in R2's head. It's amazing the difference it makes.

#9 10 years ago

See where Darth's and Luke's light sabers cross? That's a nice white insert there. Put a color changing LED behind it and it looks great! Also, try purple LEDs in front of R2D2 where the LEDs point to the rear of the cabinet and illuminate his body. I put purple inside the Death Star too.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

Great stuff, very cool pin, I love mine. if you haven't done so already put some LED's in R2's head. It's amazing the difference it makes.

How do you do that?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

First thing I did was change the lights in R2. Lol. Your right it does make a huge diffrence. Shorted myself a few flashers on my order. I'll order some this week though.

#12 10 years ago

How do you do that?

Pretty simple, there's a nut on top of his head. Just undo it ant the top of his head comes off and you'll see where the lights go. I used blue LED's

image.jpgimage.jpg

#13 10 years ago

Yep, lock nut on the top of R2's head and there's two 44/47's and two flashers. Simple as that.

r2.jpgr2.jpg

#14 10 years ago

welcome to the fam

#15 10 years ago

Very perrdy

#16 10 years ago

I am totally doing this to mine first chance I get.

#17 10 years ago

Always wanted this one but I think I'll wait for a game for episode 7.

6 years later
#18 4 years ago

Hi All, just got myself a DESW today and want to make it better . I see mention of a code change...how do I check what code I have and how do I got about changing please....appreciate any good advise. Thanks Mark

#19 4 years ago

It’s not easy like modern Sterns...

If you’ve not done it before, you would need an eprom eraser and burner... easiest for you to just buy the latest set from ebay or someone on Pinside. Still requires you to remove/install eprom chips.

(The software version you are running pops up on the display when you power the game up.)

#20 4 years ago

i can supply this. I am using it in my own star wars and it is a nice upgrade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deswfinally?hl=shepp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.