• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#2 8 years ago

Looks really uncomfortable to play.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Looks really uncomfortable to play.

It's a good thing they took all the guts out then and just added a small light show!

#4 8 years ago

Painful to see. I need his contact info for the boards, cab etc

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

It's a good thing they took all the guts out then and just added a small light show!

Quoted from nikpinball:

Painful to see. I need his contact info for the boards, cab etc

The website says fully working and get a new high score. But quite a bit of what it says is blocked by my work network so I could be wrong

#6 8 years ago

I couldn't open the above link at work, but did see it here earlier this morning in case this opens for others:

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2015/04/this-r2-d2-pinball-machine-coffee-table-is-possibly-the-droid-youre-looking-for/

#7 8 years ago

Seeing all the pins they've destroyed just pisses me off. Don't support this crap.

#8 8 years ago

So no, it doesn't work. I had to open it on my cell phone to see the video so that might have been on the original link too.

#9 8 years ago

$13K and 300 hours to make this? I call BS on this. (either that or it's going to make an appearance on pawn stars soon

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

The website says fully working and get a new high score. But quite a bit of what it says is blocked by my work network so I could be wrong

By fully working they mean you can press a flipper button and R2D2 will move a bit, then you press something else and get some attract lights!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

By fully working they mean you can press a flipper button and R2D2 will move a bit, then you press something else and get some attract lights!

A playfield that a game needs... its kind of sick. Kind of like displaying a lamp that would be found at Ed Gein's house.

I had similar plans to do this. I found a very nice playfield on CL. I purchased it and started to feel bad about it. It was a Future Spa and was perfect other than a spot of lifting mylar. I found someone who had a completely shot playfield. I sent her mine about a year and a half ago. She is still supposed to send me hers when she does the swap. I haven't heard from her in a long time but oh well, I only paid $15 for it and there will be another shot playfield come by at some point. No need to use a nice playfield for something like this.

#12 8 years ago

Why would you want that as some coffee table? So you can put a drink on it? Just get the real pin, get a cup holder, and save $10k.

#13 8 years ago

I've got a Force II playfield that I've wired with little battery-operated LED lights and have hanging on the wall as art. But then again I got it for $20 at an expo because it had been in a warehouse for 20 years in a stack of other playfields, was filthy, is warped, is worn to the wood in places, and has broken plastics. It was fully populated, so I took everything off and sent it to someone here just for the cost of shipping in case they could use it on other machines.

But a fully-populated DESW playfield is a different story. And I am still a pinball newbie but could wire up some lights and a motor to a button for way less than $13K and 300 hours.

#14 8 years ago

The cabinet is cut up and made into a desk in another place on the site.

http://altars.co/arcade_resurrection/

They kill'em and sell of the parts.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Curbfeeler:

The cabinet is cut up and made into a desk in another place on the site.
http://altars.co/arcade_resurrection/
They kill'em and sell of the parts.

ugh... agony...

and he calls it "up-cycling."

#16 8 years ago

Would be a shame if someone started tagging his page on Twitter and letting everyone know what kind of tasty chemicals are in the paints of pinball cabinets.....

1 week later
#17 8 years ago

Hello Peeps! I happen to know these guys well. THey do NOT take apart working games. They bought the playfield from Italy, spent 100's of dollars on touching it up, and putting plastics, bumpers, plastic back on. THe bottom part of the pf was empty. The cabinet came a year later from Austria.
This game would never have been feasible to repair. They would have ended in trash. Same goes for the KISS pf too. I know pinball fanatics will not be their fans ever, but I thought I'd try and set the record straight! Cheers, A

#18 8 years ago

This isn't playable that i see. The flipper buttons just make noise, lights and toy move.

#19 8 years ago

Oh, and they also do amazing restoration work on working pinballs, both EM and later ones. Just so you see the big picture. Have a nice day! A

#20 8 years ago

Its an art piece, good for them. If they cut up a kingpin I can understand the hate. Our games are not *rare*. Better yet they are glorified toys. In the end they are just *things*. Things we don't even need, but are privileged to own.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/desw-in-an-r2-d2-coffee-table and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.