Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pinballlew
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7822 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0441 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0440 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1662 (resized).JPG
    17992141_10213420410292963_6546930200427697123_n - Kopie.jpg
    17952881_10213420410412966_6387857093584640415_n - Kopie.jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Hello dear pinballers,
    yesterday I wanted to setup my Bally Wizard for some games and destroyed the backglass.
    Still today I can´t believe how stupid it was and how absolutely stupid I am, to let such things happen.

Will anybody has an idea for me, where I can find a new old backglass or a replica?

For people who have such a absolute wonderful Backglass hanging in their pinroom... can I make you an offer for that?

Cheers,
    Please feel free to tell me, how stupid I am

Marcus

17952881_10213420410412966_6387857093584640415_n - Kopie.jpg17952881_10213420410412966_6387857093584640415_n - Kopie.jpg

17992141_10213420410292963_6546930200427697123_n - Kopie.jpg17992141_10213420410292963_6546930200427697123_n - Kopie.jpg

#2 7 years ago

PM sent re NOS glass.

#3 7 years ago

Ohhh Noooo!!
    Dude, that sucks.
    Looks like you may have help already.
    I dont have one.
    That really blows, good luck with replacement.
    Maybe tell us more how you screwed the pooch so we can learn from your mistake.

#4 7 years ago

I'm sorry for your loss sir.

#5 7 years ago

what hapened? how did it happen?

sorry for your loss

#6 7 years ago

Ugh, that's unfortunate

If all else fails, bgresto.com should be able to make one.

#7 7 years ago

Repro's are available if you wish to go that route. I believe Starship Fantasy has them. They had them at the Arcade Expo for sale in Banning. At least I am pretty sure that is Starship Fantasy...my memory could have been foggy after a few berry wheat beers. Accidents happen. You can see it on display on the left of this picture

IMG_1662 (resized).JPGIMG_1662 (resized).JPG

#8 7 years ago

OUCH!

Hopefully Shapeshifter has you covered!

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Odin:

Cheers,
    Please feel free to tell me, how stupid I am
    Marcus

Dumbass.

#10 7 years ago

well... what is the story...

did you attempt to walk through the screen door with it?

#11 7 years ago

Odin,I feel for you. I am always nervous handling back glasses and sometimes dream of a catastrophic incident like this,your pictures didn't help.

#12 7 years ago

Hope you didn't slice up a finger, picking up the pieces. A few F Bombs, while looking at it should suffice.

#13 7 years ago

Yes that was Starship Fantasy. It's dangerous breaking a Wizard glass. Not tempered. Now tempered ones really suck when they disappear in your hands

#14 7 years ago

I have a feeling this new Odin guy is going to cause some confusion for awhile if he sticks around.

#15 7 years ago

Dartboard is really good Thanks for that...

I tried superglue and a day later, it was so solid, if i would break it again, then not on the existing crack.
    So today i glued the complete glass, like a sharp bloody puzzle. From the traincompany I work for, I got a special foil for cracked glass. I am going to Keep it together with it.. It´s like Frankensteins ugly face now, only a mother can love it.

Lol

Pinballlew ON THE PICTURE I SEE ONE !!!!! oh but no, Starship´s sold out of Wizard -.-
    I am unable to visit conventions, please feel free to look after a wizard Backglass. If you see one - doesn´t matter if repro - , please pm me or via:

[email protected]

Well no I never had a problem with handling the Backglasses, until now

How it happened? well It is absolute no problem to set up a EM when you are alone. screw the front feet then put it up on your knee and then put on the rear feet. Now take the head and put in on the pin, BUT CAREFULL, if it´s not in balance especially the bally´s heads it might fall off and crack the backglass when hitting the playfieldglass. Next time I will secure the falling head with my arms. Better I´ll break a bone instead of the glass.

Cheerio !

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Odin:

Dartboard is really good Thanks for that...
    I tried superglue and a day later, it was so solid, if i would break it again, then not on the existing crack.
    So today i glued the complete glass, like a sharp bloody puzzle. From the traincompany I work for, I got a special foil for cracked glass. I am going to Keep it together with it.. It´s like Frankensteins ugly face now, only a mother can love it.
    Lol
    pinballlew ON THE PICTURE I SEE ONE !!!!! oh but no, Starship´s sold out of Wizard -.-
    I am unable to visit conventions, please feel free to look after a wizard Backglass. If you see one - doesn´t matter if repro - , please pm me or via:
    [email protected]
    Well no I never had a problem with handling the Backglasses, until now
    How it happened? well It is absolute no problem to set up a EM when you are alone. screw the front feet then put it up on your knee and then put on the rear feet. Now take the head and put in on the pin, BUT CAREFULL, if it´s not in balance especially the bally´s heads it might fall off and crack the backglass when hitting the playfieldglass. Next time I will secure the falling head with my arms. Better I´ll break a bone instead of the glass.
    Cheerio !

I would give them a call, I know it's not on the website but they were not on the website when I saw them at pinagogo last year. I'm going to pinagogo so if I see one this year at PAGG I will let you know.

#17 7 years ago

I've been there, done that. Shattered a Wizard! backglass while transporting the machine in a pickup truck. It was windy and that was enough force to break the head and it smashed onto the cabinet which broke the glass. Couldn't find a replacement so finally bought another machine in poor shape. Fortunately, Wizard! backglasses are usually in great shape.

#18 7 years ago

I was going to point you to Starship Fantasy.
    Looks like they sold their last Wizard! backglass in the last week or so.
    They had a stock of the CPR reproductions for quite awhile.
    Seems like this always happens at the worst time.
    I would contact Larry anyway.

Larry Rosenthal, CEO
    Starship Fantasy
    6607 W Vista Bonita Dr
    Glendale, AZ 85310-5740
    www.starship-fantasy.com
    [email protected]
    cell: 602-228-7333

#19 7 years ago

A while back I had a couple Wizard glasses made. I didn't have them digitized
    like I had others, but still came out pretty good. Where are you from? (T)

IMG_0440 (resized).JPGIMG_0440 (resized).JPG

IMG_0441 (resized).JPGIMG_0441 (resized).JPG

#20 7 years ago

That Wizard BG has cracks all over it odin.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

well... what is the story...
    did you attempt to walk through the screen door with it?

Wrong O-din champ.

let the confusion ensue!

rd

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Wrong O-din champ.
    let the confusion ensue!
    rd

oh shit. This guy needs to change his user name.

#23 7 years ago

Try Mayfair Amusement. He used to have them in stock

#24 7 years ago

Wow now I'm getting a bit upset... Mayfair sold it's last one month ago. :/

@mopar, yea it looked very nice. I think I would like to have one. I think the shipping would be a bit expensive, but I don't think that I would find one here in Germany.

#25 7 years ago

Keep looking, you'll find one. Until recently they were pretty plentiful. They are out there.

When you do find one, I have a new lift channel & trim set for your new backglass to replace those scabby-looking original pieces.

IMG_7822 (resized).JPGIMG_7822 (resized).JPG

$20.99 + shipping

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Keep looking, you'll find one. Until recently they were pretty plentiful. They are out there.
    When you do find one, I have a new lift channel & trim set for your new backglass to replace those scabby-looking original pieces.

$20.99 + shipping

Good stuff!

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Wrong O-din champ.

Looks like pinside has found my replacement! And good luck finding a replacement glass!

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Looks like pinside has found my replacement! And good luck finding a replacement glass!

You will never be replaced!

#29 7 years ago

Why, is o-din an unlucky person too?

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Odin:

Now take the head and put in on the pin, BUT CAREFULL, if it´s not in balance especially the bally´s heads it might fall off and crack the backglass when hitting the playfieldglass. Next time I will secure the falling head with my arms. Better I´ll break a bone instead of the glass.
    Cheerio !

Good rule of thumb is that (most) Gottlieb heads will sit on the bodies, but Williams and Bally games WILL NOT. Goes for multiplayer and single-player games.

#31 7 years ago

Send broken back glass to bgresto.com. They will print a new one on tempered glass. It's not screen printed quality, but at least your I'll have your back glass.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Odin:

I think the shipping would be a bit expensive, but I don't think that I would find one here in Germany.

You're in Germany! Oh. I missed that..
    Yeah, that makes it tough.. Maybe you should hold up and see if
    an original turns up and then have that shipped..
    If not, I have this one, and although it wouldn't be best for me, but
    if you'd like, I could have one done on lexan for you, then you'd never
    have to worry about breakage.. The one that I have now on glass is $185.00
    (which was the total cost for me). Lexan would probably be more like $200.00
    plus shipping..
    Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea if you posted a wanted ad in the parts section
    on Mr. Pinball classifieds. One just may pop up..
    I really rather you find an original, but if not, I have back up.. (T)

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Repro's are available if you wish to go that route. I believe Starship Fantasy has them. They had them at the Arcade Expo for sale in Banning. At least I am pretty sure that is Starship Fantasy...my memory could have been foggy after a few berry wheat beers. Accidents happen. You can see it on display on the left of this picture

I see alien poker in that group. they reprinted alien poker?

#34 7 years ago

Marco and Bay Area amusements has them in stock so I guess they did.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/destroyed-wizard-backglass?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.