IMG_4392.jpg
IMG_4390.jpg
IMG_4389.jpg
IMG_4391.jpg
ramp3.jpg
ramp2.jpg
image_62599_1_484x484.jpg
ramp1.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

DESPERATELY Seeking Hurricane Ramps & Plastic

Added: 2015-12-11 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (January 23rd, 2016) • Ended: March 5th, 2016

Price

Wanted

Sorry for the caps guys, but that's how desperate I am!!

If anyone has any of the ramps, and/or the infamous "Dunk the Dummy" plastic (undamaged of course) , PLEASE PM me, i'll take anything you've got as long as its new or used and in better shape than what ive got. PRICE IS NO OBJECT!!!
OR, if you know a source for any of this stuff, please let me know!!

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are TheOnlyest's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to TheOnlyest's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Las Vegas, NV, US

#2 8 years ago

Am I being ignored for being a newer member? C'mon guys, you were new here once too, and my money is good!!

I bought this machine from a very well known Pinside member and I desperately need the "Dunk the Dummy" cover and all three ramps... Please help a brother out!

#3 8 years ago

I don't think you're being ignored, I just think that the parts you need are gonna be harder to find than most. I bet that the parts you need were commonly broke on most Hurricanes, and to my knowledge no reproduction parts were ever made. Keep at it (and good luck), hopefully someone will be able to help you out.

#4 8 years ago

as a former owner of this title, i can attest to the difficulty of finding the parts you need.

#5 8 years ago

Ramps don't just appear out of thin air, bro. All three games from the set, Comet, Cyclone, and Hurricane, have all been notorious for having busted up ramps to boot. Go check ebay and the normal suspects of parts vendors as well... Plantary Pinball, Marco Specialties, Pinball Life, Bay Area Amusements, Little Shop of Games, Big Daddy, etc...you never know. Sometimes they get random parts in.

#6 8 years ago

Or you can remove "reasonable" from your add. That might work.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Or you can remove "reasonable" from your add. That might work.

Second this. You are posting in all caps and expressing your desperation ,but wanting them for what you think is a reasonable amount. Which, I'm sure isn't reasonable to the seller. Basically, expect to pay through the roof for a part you desperately want that is super hard to find.

#8 8 years ago

OK, nevermind reasonable... would "I'll pay anything!" work?? The only reason I put that was because I know how rare these parts are, and I had one guy offer me a used and repaired (and with no decals) back ramp for $500... Which is NOT reasonable.

Easy on me fella's, I intend to be a highly contributing member around here now. Ive been a lurker here for about 5 years, and finally signed up so I could message a seller and buy a machine from someone here... THIS machine. But now that I AM signed up, I can be OF help too....

I have been a Williams pinball repair tech since 1989 and I have lots to share, but I too need help from time to time, especially with parts made from "unobtainium"!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

OK, nevermind reasonable... would "I'll pay anything!" work?? The only reason I put that was because I know how rare these parts are, and I had one guy offer me a used and repaired (and with no decals) back ramp for $500... Which is NOT reasonable.
Easy on me fella's, I intend to be a highly contributing member around here now. Ive been a lurker here for about 5 years, and finally signed up so I could message a seller and buy a machine from someone here... THIS machine. But now that I AM signed up, I can be OF help too....
I have been a Williams pinball repair tech since 1989 and I have lots to share, but I too need help from time to time, especially with parts made from "unobtainium"!

Ya dude no one has anything personal on ya. Just sayin, gonna be tough and pricey finds! Good luck good sir!

#10 8 years ago

I have gone to all the known vendors, and was able to find a couple things. Its frustrating because most of the issues weren't disclosed when I bought the machine, so I never expected to be in this situation. I was told the slings were from a different game and broken, and the left return lane plastic was broken... I was able to source those parts before making the deal. I was told that one ramp had a "good" repair done to it, not that all 3 ramps were demolished in multiple areas! Its amazing that with this much playfield plastic carnage, that the playfield itself and the cabinets are in phenomenal condition! So i'm compelled to restore this game to glory, plus my wife loves playing it. <sigh> Back to the Google machine...

#11 8 years ago

Can you post pics of the broken ramps for which you're seeking replacements? Might help to see which ones you're looking for.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from billin:

Can you post pics of the broken ramps for which you're seeking replacements? Might help to see which ones you're looking for.

I need all three of the clear plastic ones, And one playfield plastic......

ramp1.jpgramp1.jpg
ramp2.jpgramp2.jpg
ramp3.jpgramp3.jpg
image_62599_1_484x484.jpgimage_62599_1_484x484.jpg

#13 8 years ago

Post Deleted.

#14 8 years ago

Here's one of the ferris wheel plastics that just popped up on E-bay, still attached to a partial dual ferris wheel assembly: ebay.com link: Hurricane Ferris Wheel Assy Missing Blue Wheel

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Here's one of the ferris wheel plastics that just popped up on E-bay, still attached to a partial dual ferris wheel assembly: ebay.com link » Hurricane Ferris Wheel Assy Missing Blue Wheel

Thank you sir, just wish there was a BIN!

#16 8 years ago

I can tell you from experience that I went down this road not that long ago and there is absolutely nothing out there. I got lead upon lead but it led to nothing. I sold mine to someone in LV for cheap because I couldn't deal with it anymore. Your best bet is to contact him or someone else with a hurricane and cannibalize what you can to make a nice one.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

I can tell you from experience that I went down this road not that long ago and there is absolutely nothing out there. I got lead upon lead but it led to nothing. I sold mine to someone in LV for cheap because I couldn't deal with it anymore. Your best bet is to contact him or someone else with a Hurricane and cannibalize what you can to make a nice one.

The OP is from LV so perhaps he ended up with your old game eventually.

Gord

#18 8 years ago

Never know, could be! But everything worked great on mine, it just wasn't the best cosmetically. The front ramp was somewhat hacked together, but all the others were perfect and flame polished. All the plastics were good too.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

The OP is from LV so perhaps he ended up with your old game eventually.
Gord

Nope, this one came from NY, but at least I know that im not the only poor bastard in Vegas with this problem. This game has a pristine playfield, I seriously suspect it was replaced. The plastics, except for "Dunk the Dummy" are all perfect too. One of the 2 ferris wheel covers is hand made, and a pretty good job too, but no decal on it. The cabinets are also in excellent condition. All 3 ramps have stress cracks, mounting tabs broken off, and the entrances are demolished. But the game is 100% playable, and honestly im the only one who notices or cares. But me being a perfectionist, the flaws are making me crazy and obsessed with returning it to awesome. My other 3 games are flawless, all with Comet LED's and Titan rubber (T2 (HUO), Getaway & Pinbot (HUO)) so this one is the "turd" of the lot.

#20 8 years ago

SCORE!!!
I just got the 2 ferris wheel covers from ebay! scratch those off my list!
Now I just need the three ramps and the "Dunk the Dummy" plastic and i'll have a near-perfect machine...

#21 8 years ago

Ok, this goes out to all Hurricane owners and parts hoarders who may have a complete and undamaged "Dunk the Dummy" Plastic.

I believe that I can make a pretty good replica of that plastic IF, someone is willing to scan their piece and email the image to me.
It would need to be a high-res (600 dpi) png or jpg. Anyone who is willing, and is the first to PM me for my email address and send me an acceptable scan... I will make them one AND ship it to them absolutely FREE!! You could then sell it for probably a small fortune, or keep it as a spare for yourself! Keep in mind that it takes time to edit and vector the image, make templates etc, so it may take me a few weeks to produce the finished pieces.

#22 8 years ago

Is Hurricane on the list of repros from Starship Fantasy? I know WCS is next up and they finally got the Bad Cats ramps done.

#23 8 years ago

I have the Ramp2.jpg used with some breaks in it, but It's usable. If interested PM me.

I had all the other items too, but all sold a couple of years back.

Brian

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Is Hurricane on the list of repros from Starship Fantasy? I know WCS is next up and they finally got the Bad Cats ramps done.

Yes, I spoke to Larry on the phone last week, he said there are 3 other projects ahead of it, but he should have product available by this time next year.

#25 8 years ago

Okay ... here's what was in my "Big Box o' Hurricane". I actually sold a lot of stuff ... so perhaps I gotta rename the box to something less pretentious.

You got dibs on whatever you need for a week, then I'll open it up to other pinheads. More detailed pics if you're actually interested. IM me if so.

The center ramp (I think it was called the Comet ramp) has two buggered mounts, otherwise decent.

The bonus 1-2-3 light is NOS.

The ferris wheel is quite nice.

Everything else was cleaned up pretty good but not perfect. All the lane guides and metal bits were run through my high-speed buffer and actually pretty shiny.

IMG_4391.jpgIMG_4391.jpg

IMG_4389.jpgIMG_4389.jpg

IMG_4390.jpgIMG_4390.jpg

IMG_4392.jpgIMG_4392.jpg

IMG_4393.jpgIMG_4393.jpg

IMG_4394.jpgIMG_4394.jpg

IMG_4396.jpgIMG_4396.jpg

#26 8 years ago

My god, where were you months ago when I was searching the world for this stuff. I never wanted to get rid of my Hurricane. Now I want to cry.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

My god, where were you months ago when I was searching the world for this stuff. I never wanted to get rid of my Hurricane. Now I want to cry.

And I regret selling my HUO Hurricane a few years back ... for $1000. Incidentally anyone with an HUO/Collector Quality Hurricane please contact me.

#28 8 years ago

PM sent for the plastic ramp. I could reproduce this one!

#29 8 years ago

You PM'd Pinster68? To get that ramp he has? Well, if I forfeit that to you to duplicate... He and I get hooked up right??

#30 8 years ago

If you already put in for it go ahead. Pretty sure I can find a donor locally. This just seemed convenient.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

If you already put in for it go ahead. Pretty sure I can find a donor locally. This just seemed convenient.

So what you're saying is, you're not gonna hook us up? If you're really serious about this, I will let you have it.

#32 8 years ago

To the OP, one thing I've learned over the year is if you really want a part, stop looking for it and it will appear.

Had Jungle Lord for over a decade, spent a year asking around and looking for a backglass, 0 luck. Zip zilch nada... Sold it as a project to a fellow Pinsider and not two days later a BG showed up on CL for $50. I gave the lead to the guy who bought my JL and he snagged it.

That luck has played out over and over.

#33 8 years ago

I agree. I have searched for parts for 2 or 3 years or more and finally found them. If you like the game that well don't give up the search. The parts are out there....

#34 8 years ago

Thanks for the advice and encouragement guys! I never give up, but the aggravating thing about this is that I wasn't expecting to be searching for unobtainium parts for this game when I bought it... The condition of the game was highly overstated and many many issues were not disclosed at all. For example, you cant tell that the translight disc motor is toast from a picture. I don't assume this was completely intentional, I think the guy I bought it from flipped it without really checking it out at all. In fact, he actually said some things that led me to believe that he powered it up for the first time just before getting it ready to ship, AFTER I had paid for it! But as soon as I gently mentioned some of the undisclosed issues, he immediately stopped communicating with me.

The worse thing about this is, this guy has tons of machines, including almost ALL the ones that I want, and I am looking to add like 8 more to my collection in the very near future (I just bought one of them from someone in Illinois), and now I wont be buying from him ever again... The dude has an otherwise stellar reputation here in Pinside, and he blew it with me on the first deal.

#35 8 years ago

Who was the seller that misrepresented the game condition?

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

Who was the seller that misrepresented the game condition?

Well, as annoyed as I am, i'm not the kind of person who would file a dispute with Paypal or trash someone publicly over something like this. That said, I havn't identified him in any posts, but it would only take a few clicks to figure it out in a couple seconds... It was posted for sale in the market, and even though I bought it over 3 weeks ago, its still showing as an active "for sale" listing!

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Well, as annoyed as I am, i'm not the kind of person who would file a dispute with Paypal or trash someone publicly over something like this. That said, I havn't identified him in any posts, but it would only take a few clicks to figure it out in a couple seconds... It was posted for sale in the market, and even though I bought it over 3 weeks ago, its still showing as an active "for sale" listing!

Sorry to hear about this. Give them a chance to set it right. It's the holidays and people get sidetracked.

Brian

#38 8 years ago

Well Brian, I would be happy if that were the case, but ignoring all communication from me, including texts, doesn't inspire me to think he wants anything right, but his bank balance. Its awesome people like YOU that are my only hope for getting this machine back to glory!

The suck part is that my the time I get this thing to at least acceptable (until repro ramps emerge) i'll be into this game about $3K, which is nearly double what its worth... The first, last and ONLY game I have, or ever will be upside-down on, ever again! Lesson learned, but some friends made too!

1 week later
#39 8 years ago

Still in need of all 3 ramps and the "Dunk the Dummy" plastic, and or a hi-res scan of that plastic... Please?

1 week later
#40 8 years ago

I'm very close to completing my (temporary) homemade replica of the DTD plastic, but I still need the genuine one, and all 3 ramps!

#41 8 years ago

So, I have completed my (temporary) homemade replica of the DtD plastic, but I still need the genuine (or repro) one, and all 3 ramps!
BTW, during this insane restoration project, I have amassed quite a collection of spare parts for Hurricane, if you need anything or wanna make a trade, PM me.

#42 8 years ago

Pinballcentre in Germany had Hurricane plastics. That's where I got my Dunk the Dummy one 18 months ago. guess you checked there ?

Reg
Matt

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Pinballcentre in Germany had Hurricane plastics. That's where I got my Dunk the Dummy one 18 months ago. guess you checked there ?
Reg
Matt

Yup, i've been constantly searching worldwide for 2 months now, they've been out of stock since i've been searching. I did get the last 2 Juggler front covers from them, so now they're out of those too. Whats funny is, the website has been saying that they will have them in stock "within 2 business days".... for 7 weeks now! lol

#44 8 years ago

PM send

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Yup, i've been constantly searching worldwide for 2 months now, they've been out of stock since i've been searching. I did get the last 2 Juggler front covers from them, so now they're out of those too. Whats funny is, the website has been saying that they will have them in stock "within 2 business days".... for 7 weeks now! lol

PM sent

#46 8 years ago

Still in need!

2 weeks later
#47 8 years ago

bump!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/desperately-seeking-hurricane-parts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.