(Topic ID: 49182)

Desperate! Pinball Machine Won't Turn On!

By shellyshelly

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by kguenther6
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TrollfaceSteamboatWillie_27d057_308286.gif
troll-detected-radar-45b7.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shellyshelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

This is my first post here, and I hope someone can help me with my problem. I did a search on the Internet, and I found this forum. I'm desperate! I bought a pinball machine as a surprise for my husband. He's on a business trip until after this weekend, and I can't get it to work! He will kill me if I spent all this money on something that doesn't work! I bought it from a widow woman I met at AA (she's an alcoholic, not me; I go to support a friend of mine). The widow's husband had pinball machines and video games that he had in bars and bowling alleys and places like that. Now that he's passed away, she doesn't know what to do with them. I told her my husband and I used to play a game called Monster Bash at a yogurt shop when we were dating. She said she didn't know what games were in the shop, but I could look. When I went to her place, her neighbor and his creepy friend were there to help out, AND I SAW MONSTER BASH! THAT WAS THE MACHINE MY HUSBAND AND I PLAYED! I couldn't believe she had the machine! I was so excited! The guys plugged it in, and I played one game, and it seemed to be working fine. The neighbor and his friend agreed to deliver it for me that afternoon, so I worked out the deal with the widow. I was a little nervous about the creepy friend coming over, but I had my girlfriend Angela come over (she's pretty tough and bigger than this creep!). Everything turned out fine, and they left as soon as I tipped them. After they left, I couldn't get it to work! HELP! HELP! HELP! I tried calling the widow, but all I get is her voicemail. I hope she's not on a binge celebrating her big sale! I thought maybe my outlet wasn't working, but I plugged in a lamp, and it works fine. I thought maybe there was a button I had to press, but no buttons turn it on. I tried to hold the start button for 10 seconds, like a computer, but nothing. I tried that with the "Launch Ball" button, too, and I even tried pushing them both at the same time! I finally figured to open the door, and I saw those buttons there. They don't start it either! I don't want those creepy guys to come over again, and I don't know what to do! $1500 is a lot of money to pay for something that doesn't work!

Sorry it's so long, but I'M DESPERATE! I couldn't sleep last night!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shellyshelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/desperate-pinball-machine-wont-turn-on?tu=shellyshelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.