4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mbwalker
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tomass.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

So I finally broke down and picked up a desoldering station, pace mbt-210. What size tips will I use most for component removal? I mostly stick to bally / williams early solid state up to wpc board set, with sys 11 being a favorite. It came with several tips that are .030 ID, but those look pretty small. Also do I flux and tin the tips to keep them nice? And do I put a layer of solder for storage? Thanks for any advice.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

After use, I store them tinned.
    As far as size, I’ve found the ones I use most are for the connectors on the Bally boards, so there’s Two sizes. Proper way to size is: ID needs to be large enough to fit over the lead or pin. OD: no larger than the pad the lead is soldered to.
    Don’t bother tinning any new ones until you start to use it.

Do you know what size you use for those? There are so many, I don't want to buy a bunch I will never use.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tomass.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/desoldering-tip-advice?tu=Tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.