(Topic ID: 252350)

Designer Tom Szafransky - Where is He Now?

By chris_silver

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by I_P_D_B
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider I_P_D_B.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

Tom absolutely designed Af-Tor under contract for Wico, this game was to be part of a trilogy of games that dealt with the theme of, "the apocalypse" of the other two proposed games one was the time before the end of the world, the middle one was the present as we know it and then tada; AF-TOR!

I just found an old email from 2013 from someone named Dave who told me the following:

"I saw on the ipdb that Tom Szafransky designed devils dare and punk for gottlieb. I was employed by him when he was an operator in the mid 80’s and he told me he also designed aftor for the wico corp. I thought you may want to update your records. thanks"

I never had contact info for Tom Szafransky and that must have been why I dropped the ball on this.

If anyone has a way to put Tom in email contact with me, I can confirm Af-Tor direct with him and also clear things up for Volcano.

Quoted from KHL:

Sorry we've been lagging on getting the interview up somewhere

Maybe that is where I will get my confirmations if not contacted by him direct. But I would like his contact info, if possible.

Thank you,

Jay

jay-at-ipdb-dot-org

1 week later
#11 3 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

I'll message him and ask if it's alright if I pass on his contact information to you.

I'll look for it. Thanks!

Jay

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,234 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider I_P_D_B.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/designer-tom-szafransky-where-is-he-now?tu=I_P_D_B and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.