Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 200 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should people be able to profit from a “spot”?”

• Yes - it’s capitalism, get over it 73 votes
      54%
    • No - it’s helping to ruin the hobby 61 votes
      46%

(134 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D98A93D2-73BB-4D1F-9A80-594B0487FD6C.gif
    giphy (5).gif
    4F66D13B-95CF-468A-9EAA-0AE253355906 (resized).jpeg
    7D5BA87D-B508-4E33-801B-9F3863E2E6F0 (resized).jpeg
    84FAB678-7C9A-4196-BFA2-C699775BD9AB.gif
    Newman (resized).jpg
    grumpyoldmen (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigguybbr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 2 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Sorry you don't have the foresight to do that. But please, keep crying about me doing it. I'm so greedy and I'm ruining pinball

Pinball bro is just smarter than everyone. Don’t hate…

7D5BA87D-B508-4E33-801B-9F3863E2E6F0 (resized).jpeg7D5BA87D-B508-4E33-801B-9F3863E2E6F0 (resized).jpeg
    #174 1 year ago

This is probably not how it is intended to come across, but this is how the voice in my head reads this...

Quoted from d0n:

Anyone that's seen the update videos knows this incredible game will easily sell for $12k-$15k today.

SALEMANSHIP!

Quoted from d0n:

Coveted Fathom Mermaid preorders (if you can find one) are now selling for $5k and up.

"See how much my preorders are worth."

Quoted from d0n:

Why? Because Haggis way underpriced the game and everyone knows it.

"It's their fault, not mine. I'm fixing their error by adding the proper markup"

Quoted from d0n:

I guess if y'all want to be upset with someone about "pinball profiteering", focus on the makers for not knowing the true value of their products. Don't be upset with the buyers & sellers who see the real values of SOME games.

"How dare you call me out for driving up the cost without providing any value to the supply chain. They just don't know what their games are worth. Shame on them for offering a product at a reasonable market price. I'M UNREASONABLE GOD DAMN IT!"

#175 1 year ago
    Quoted from d0n:

alternatively, pinball companies could produce more games! They don't because demand & prices would fall. Just like Harley-Davidson motorcycles, they let the motorcycles trickle out of the factory to keep the demand and the prices artificially high.

I think you mean to site either the DeBeers diamond cartel or Girl Scout cookies. They both inflate their value by creating artificial scarcity through tightly controlling their market availability. Harley wishes they could move more units. Their value is tied to the aesthetic of the Harley lifestyle and that it is an American brand, not the rarity of them (and certainly not the quality or engineering). Supply chain shortages are hitting them like every other large manufacturer.

Pinball is still the industry that nearly collapsed in the last 25 years and it only limped along though cost cutting measures to make it through to today. I don't think any manufacturer in the business today wants to go through a wild, ill thought out expansion of their production facilities when the demand for individual titles is so variable.

#188 1 year ago
    Quoted from Micky:

And here he can be seen again showing how much of a great asset to the hobby he is
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-fathom-mermaid-71-preorder-spot#post-6902816

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigguybbr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deposit-profiteering-we-can-fix-this?tu=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.