Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 139 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220415_210048 (resized).jpg
    20220415_202820 (resized).jpg
    20191127_212123 (resized).jpg
    20191127_212737 (resized).jpg
    20181122_013734 (resized).jpg
    20181122_014423 (resized).jpg
    20181121_220423 (resized).jpg
    20181121_220619 (resized).jpg
    Pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
    Breckenridge.JPG
    There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 7 years ago

1 up also had (I was told they have since been replaced, but current reviews point to the same trend)some legitimate meat head bartenders with major anger issues. I have told the story before but 1 of them jumped the bar to try and choke out my brother (one of the nicest guys you would ever meet) because he did not tip on his second beer.

We checked out online reviews and it seems to happen enough that others have posted about similar experiences.

Just keep on your toes if you do go their. I suggest not drinking or even interacting with the bar staff. Seriously, they have/had issues and it is just not worth it, esp when there are better places to go with better staff.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-1up-colfax-denver-2

#52 7 years ago

Just stay away from 1up, 2up, lodo, colfax, whatever they call their locations these days.

You might be ok there if you are a 21-25 y/o kid, but if you are an established adult, they don't want your business.

#53 7 years ago

I couldn't disagree more on 1Up Colfax. I go there all the time. It recently expanded (1 month ago) and just added a ton more pins (added some awesome system 11's).

Co-Owner who manages all the pinball and arcade games is on Pinside. I dont know him personally but know he is a passionate guy. The games are the best kept machines i have ever seen in a "barcade" environment.

It is in fact "a bar", so it may draw some riffraff late night and on weekends. But it opens at 3 pm. I usually go from 3-8 pm and it is mostly pinheads. It is a great time to go.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

The games are the best kept machines i have ever seen in a "barcade" environment.

Having been to a pretty decent amount of high traffic very popular barcades across the country. This was my experience too.

#55 7 years ago

If you had a blast before, you will have a blast again. You should go.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

What are those? I had a blast at each location.

#56 7 years ago

I've never had an issue at either 1up... their games are in fantastic condition, and plentiful. Notable is 1Up Colfax's big expansion, they are up to 45 Pinballs and 100 video games... it feels like an 80's arcade, with alcohol. It's packed with games!

That being said, Hyperspace, Lyons, Press Play, even Game Exchange are also exceptional arcades to visit with plentiful games. There are more, I just listed the bigger venues with 40+ games that I frequent.

#57 7 years ago

denver.craigslist.org link

Anyone familiar with this arcade in Lakewood? Is this 1-up?

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

denver.craigslist.org link
    Anyone familiar with this arcade in Lakewood? Is this 1-up?

Hyperspace. I may check that out if I have time. I'm definitely interested in trying out a Bonzai Run, and also Lazer Cue.

I know I've asked this multiple times..but has anybody been to Arapahoe Bowling? Pinballmap shows they have an incredible list of pins, but I don't want to make the drive if they're shit/don't exist. Any help would be appreciated.

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from barkerlake:

has anybody been to Arapahoe Bowling?

Arapahoe Bowling has a decent amount of pins. When I was there a couple of weeks ago there were like 4-5 machines that were down. Some of the other machines played ok and some played good. The OP is Dan from Showdown.

I prefer the 1 Up Colfax and Lyons Pinball

1 week later
    #60 7 years ago

How crowded does 1up colfax get on a Friday night? Some arcade bars are untenable on the weekends and I can't get there earlier than like 9 tonight. In town from Kansas City and will hit up Lyons tomorrow.

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from EBG_KC:

How crowded does 1up colfax get on a Friday night? Some arcade bars are untenable on the weekends and I can't get there earlier than like 9 tonight. In town from Kansas City and will hit up Lyons tomorrow.

It was crowded there on the Friday I went. But the pins were empty. You could get away from the crowd by playing them.

#62 7 years ago

All the pins are on one side of the building. Its a great place for pinball. I like the crowd better than at LoDo.

That being said, hyperspace has had a nice family friendly crowd all holiday weekend.

#63 7 years ago

Hyperspace's collection looks more up my alley. Thanks for the recommendation!

1 week later
    #64 7 years ago

I was in the area, so I decided to stop by the 1-up in Lodo. I'm glad I did, because they had a Flintstones! All the other machines were in very good shape.

I played the Cactus Canyon at Mutiny Information Cafe...it could certainly use some work (same with their other pins)

Pinball Jones has a great collection, but nearly every game I wanted to play was out of order (Scared Stiff, White Water, The Shadow, Indiana Jones)

3 weeks later
    #65 7 years ago

hit up 1up colfax. Amazing collection and room to breathe.

2 months later
    #66 7 years ago

And what's the time ?
    It's time to get ILL.
    That time o year again buds. Monday I'll be planting myself at the Colfax 1Up open-close. So let's grab a tasty beverage or 20 and parrrrrtty!

#67 7 years ago

Hilton yer bro needs to start diggin on Skeletonwitch cause had he been wearing a Skeletonwitch t-shirt that shit would've never happened.

1 week later
    #68 7 years ago

Damn you Denverites have SUCH a spectacular scene. Big thanks to Matty.
    We started at the Mutiny bookstore.. a bookstore with a Cactus Canyon. Had. Now switched up for RZ, next to Slimer LE, SOF, and Gorgar. Then some pizza with TFLE and FG. Next bar had a Congo which I threw up 900m my 1st time playin it. Damn that's a fun machine. What a strip Broadway is! Extremely jealous. Finally ended up at 2Up. Place has doubled in size...any pin ya wanna play....was literally speechless.
    Hilton I'll give ya half a point cuz this time the bouncers were some punk ass aggro fucksticks. Not to me, but Matty was ready to throwdown, defending some dirty hippie. At least I won a 4 player on XM.
    GOODTIMES!

#69 7 years ago

Aaaaaand....saw some dude named Elton John on Thursday night.
    Bucket-list week mufuckahs.

#70 7 years ago

Played about 20 games on this at Manitou Springs Penny Arcade. Couldn't stop dropping quarters. Mikey likes. A lot.
    20170316_125205 (resized).jpg20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
    Batman was pretty fun too.

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Played about 20 games on this at Manitou Springs Penny Arcade. Couldn't stop dropping quarters. Mikey likes. A lot.

Batman was pretty fun too.

#72 7 years ago

was at 1up Lodo tonight and the place was absolutly jammed packed. I thought the pins were is great shape considering the environment. Hobbit left flipper was sticking a bit, but still playable. Other than that, really didn't notice any other big issues. I did find a it a bit depressing that people referred to me as "sir" on at least 4 different occasions when trying to squeeze by. Definitely feeling old....

#73 7 years ago

Got dem sho miss Denvah blues.
    Sho do.

1 month later
    #74 7 years ago

Keep Manitou weird...

10 months later
    #75 6 years ago

This Thursday!
    Think I might do the 1Up 2Up tour. Family at Lodo daytime then Colfax for dad at night. Stoked!

#76 6 years ago

... the last dinosaur!
    he's my friend and a whole lot more!

#77 6 years ago

Denver the dinosaur? More like Denver the plane crasher.

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Family at Lodo daytime then Colfax for dad at night.

1up is 21+ I think.
    They make exceptions for tournaments, but be aware.

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

1up is 21+ I think.
    They make exceptions for tournaments, but be aware.

Lodo daytime? Kids got in last time.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Lodo daytime? Kids got in last time.

Stop by Game Exchange!

#81 6 years ago

Thanks JJ! I've always wanted to see yer place. Not sure if we'll have time, but if you've got my IMDN LE sittin there we'll make time.

#82 6 years ago

JJ told me I was 7th on the list for Maiden.
    I am not a number! I am a free man!

#83 6 years ago

The 1up LODO does allow children under the age of 15, accompanied by their PARENT ONLY, until 7:00 pm daily. They do not allow anyone between the ages of 16- 20. NO EXCEPTIONS. The 1up – LoDo will be 21 and over ONLY for St. Patrick’s Day Weekend.

1up Colfax is 21+.

#84 6 years ago

Just curious why 1up Colfax is 21+ only? Why can’t you allow kids before 7:00 PM like 1up LODO? It is the same town of Denver right so laws should be the same. I would love to take my son to the Colfax location because there is better selection of video games that he would love.

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Just curious why 1up Colfax is 21+ only? Why can’t you allow kids before 7:00 PM like 1up LODO? It is the same town of Denver right so laws should be the same. I would love to take my son to the Colfax location because there is better selection of video games that he would love.

When I tried to take my kids into 1Up Colefax to play Star Wars day one, they said because the don’t serve food, they’re not permitted to allow under 21s in at any time. 1Up LoDo has food therefore can have kids accompanied by parents.

I assume the “no 16-20” thing is just that they don’t want to deal with teens or accidentally serve a minor (though it could be a wacky law of some kind I guess).

#86 6 years ago

Won't make the lodo daytime but will def be at Colfax tamaree night. Hope to see yons! Place is huge now and I probably won't play one vid unless they have Journey. Could somebody tell Matty to show up (if he's not barred lol)...I lost his #.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Won't make the lodo daytime but will def be at Colfax tamaree night. Hope to see yons! Place is huge now and I probably won't play one vid unless they have Journey. Could somebody tell Matty to show up (if he's not barred lol)...I lost his #.

Nice! Think you'll still be there by 8 p.m.?

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

you NEED to get up to Lyons Classic Pinball!!!!

Seriously the home of what created so much other pinball on location!

It is not to be missed and aside form the history, Kevin is one of the nicest guys ever and the place is amazing quality and diversity of games!

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Nice! Think you'll still be there by 8 p.m.?

Lulzz....i'll be there all night! Not the last time, cause Matty got thrown out, but the time before that I was literally there open-close. I'm a fan. Bartenders are always great, the bouncers last time were some fucksticks. Usually everyone is super cool.

#90 6 years ago

I know Hilton,....one day I'll make it up there. I've heard nothing but great things about Lyons. Just for some reason I always go to 1Up Colfax. Creature of habit I guess.

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

the bouncers last time were some fucksticks

you are not the only one to have dealt with those hats...

#92 6 years ago

I thought this was going to be about Bob Denver.

#93 6 years ago

I know. I remember yer story. Tbh, they technically weren't being dicks to me, but to Matty. Those 20 shots of whiskey prob didn't help with his diplomacy skills that evening, but when they started fuckin with him, they were also fuckin with me. Not very often I'M the cooler head convincing someone it's not worth it. We were 2 minutes away from blows. They were aggro wanna be's and I coulda whipped the fuck outta one. The other one...well...
    Thankfully I talked Matty into goin to that stinky ass hippie hideaway next door, where I left my credit card. Good times!
    BUT...that was the ONLY time that's happened in my 8 or 9 visits. Bouncers up till last year were cool af.

#94 6 years ago

Ugh, ... while putting myself through college, I worked the door in a popular nightclub. It's easy to develop a hardness toward drunk people when dealing with them night after night. Even some sober people can be irritating to deal with. (Imagine a whiny Pinsider you've encountered here, in your face drunk or sober)

#95 6 years ago

I was a door man too. At a bar the Sons of Silence liked to visit. Respect=respect.
    I've met you Mr. 68. You're GALAXIES away from the "I failed outta the police academy so fuck with me I DARE YA" crop of young bouncers nowadays. Like I said, this was an isolated incident. We've all seen these jackoffs, but usually they work at large, outdoor music venues. Fuck em.

#96 6 years ago

Gryszzzz, my comment was meant in general and not directed at you. Others were complaining here and I've had run ins of my own with overzealous tough guys. But I try to remember my failures, even from my distant youth, and I remember losing my cool a couple of times.
    That's kind of what I was talking about.

And yes, I remember meeting you at Expo and you're also in our secret Facebook group you naughty boy.
    You are even scarier in person than your online persona and knowing that you're in Denver right now has me sleeping with the lights on.

All good my heathen friend.

#97 6 years ago

1Up or Heathen Up?
    How bout both.

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

the bouncers last time were some fucksticks

you are not the only one to have dealt with those hats...

Quoted from Mr68:

Ugh, ... while putting myself through college, I worked the door in a popular nightclub. It's easy to develop a hardness toward drunk people when dealing with them night after night. Even some sober people can be irritating to deal with. (Imagine a whiny Pinsider you've encountered here, in your face drunk or sober)

saw it in person at expo a few years ago. It was pathetic and sad in many ways.

The dude at 1up that screwed with my brother were meat heads looking to specifically be jerks. He was neither drunk nor a jerk.
    They have a rep of being asshats.

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

you are not the only one to have dealt with those hats

What hats?
    download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I know Hilton,....one day I'll make it up there. I've heard nothing but great things about Lyons. Just for some reason I always go to 1Up Colfax. Creature of habit I guess.

check out nighthawk brewery in broomfield...its LE heaven. They even turn a couple on free play during happy hour.

great beer, too.

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/denver/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.