Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by GLModular
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GLModular.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hi all,

What better place to get some suggestions for my upcoming trip than Pinside?!

I'll be spending a few days at Winter Park with a bunch of friends and am looking for some suggestions.

First, are Safeway and King Sooper still doing discounted lift tickets to the local slopes? If so, anyone know what the current daily rate, or if they offer 2 of 3 and 3 of 5 rates for Winter Park? It's been a few years since I've been out there, but I recall they had good deals the last time I was there.

Second, I'm flying in early on a Friday, so I'm looking for some things to do Friday afternoon/evening. Particularly interested in any local brew or spirit houses in the Denver area. Also interested in a good fine dining experience. A place known for good cocktails and possibly food with an international flair or just plain eclectic. Partial to Italian, mediterranean, ethiopian, and the like, but pretty much game for about anything unusual, unique, it just has to be mind-blowing good!

Of course, anything pinball related is also welcome.

Let me know what you can recommend. I greatly appreciate any and all recommendations!

Also, if anyone wants to join up and make it a party, PM/email me for details.

Thanks!

Tony

#12 11 years ago

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far!

Unfortunately I won't be there for the Denver restaurant week.

Took a look at a few of the restaurants mentioned.

Vesta Dipping Grill is definitely a possibility. The cocktail list looks very interesting. Plus it's literally a block away from 1up and Falling Rock Tap House. Beer and pinball!

Root Down has a very_ tantalizing menu and ridiculous drink menu. Anyone been there? Plus Denver Beer Co. is not far away and I'm quite excited to try their graham cracker porter. I'm a porter beer junkie...

Another restaurant that caught my eye is Rioja. Anyone been there?

I'll take a look at other suggestions as time permits.

Not sure if it will be easy to make it up to Lyon's or not. Won't rule it out though!

Thanks all!

Tony

#17 11 years ago

Euclid also looks great! (looks like it's in the family of Rioja and Bistro Vendome, so that's a plus).

Also came across The Squeaky Bean. Might be a bit too avant garde for the group I'll be with, but would love to try them one day.

This is going to be a really hard choice to narrow it down.

GEX, thanks for checking out the grocery stores, I do appreciate it! Would definitely like to stop by and see your shop.

The group I'm with plans on 3 days at WP. I'll probably be either dead or in traction after two. Friday will be the only day that is pretty much open.

Tony

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GLModular.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/denver-winter-park-trip?tu=GLModular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.