Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Lethal_Inc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider randyv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 10 years ago

Can anyone confirm if Flipper McGill's has their ST Pro? Will be heading past there tomorrow and may stop by if ST is there.

#24 10 years ago

LOL - thanks!

#28 10 years ago

Stopped in to Flippers just before 11 AM to check out the ST Pro. Decent game. Didn't wow me as much as I thought. What made a bigger impression was seeing the ST sitting next to your WoZ. I know ST is a Pro, but still - a pretty big difference in the two machines on general. Nice that you had both front and center.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Played ST at 1up this afternoon. Nice line up.
My very first reaction on ST? The red DMD is absolutely horrible. Character animations look cartoonish and chubby (and if the one girl I saw is supposed to be Alice Eve - yikes!). I don't remember if the LE has a red DMD, but if it does that will have to get swapped out.
I don't like the pro translite/cabinet artwork, but that doesn't make any difference on location.
I liked the art on the PF more than I expected from reading here. The play itself was fast, really fast. Watch out for the left orbit. None of the shots themselves were too hard; didn't pay attention to the modes much but they seemed basic and/or unfinished. Liked Klingon Multiball, voices, sounds and lights. The ship seems to be nothing more than the AFM ship, but the mechanism and ship itself looked far more sturdy and robust than it seems in the pictures. I've played WOZ and ST now this weekend - ST wins hands down for speed, WOZ for toys and shots. Both are pretty in their own way.

That's a pretty good summary of my experience and reaction today. I'd not seen or played either WoZ or ST until today at Flipper's. I walked away thinking that ST is a nice Stern. I completely agree with your comments about the dots. Not that you can do a lot with dots, but the animations seemed like they could have been better. The red DMD, IMHO, lacks contrast between the dot intensity over traditional orange. I feel the same about blue DMDs. We'll have to see how the ST software evolves as I think there is a lot more potential locked up there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider randyv.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/denver-operators-to-get-star-trek?tu=randyv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.