Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yuriijos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Just wondering if any of our great pin places in the metro area are planning on getting ST on location. If so, anticipated date. Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

There will be an LE in my basement. Anticipated date is late October. Anyone want to buy a nice LOTR LE?

Live long and prosper.

#3 6 years ago

You bought ST before ACDC? For shame!

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You bought ST before ACDC? For shame!

So you don't want to come over and check it out when it comes? Also getting a Refinery Metallica Premium for my daughter before ACDC (Or maybe at the same time).

#5 6 years ago

Well yah I do. It'll be interesting to see if it's released bare bones, didn't I hear something about the software being done for reals this time? I don't have a problem with ST, I've never played it so I have no idea if it's fun or not, but ACDC is phenomenal.

Quoted from Pinmeister:

So you don't want to come over and check it out when it comes?

#6 6 years ago

After returning from a long pinball hiatus, I'm going to start up again with an LE. Ordered yesterday from Chi at Game Exchange.

NIB pin #4 after Medieval Madness, Revenge from Mars/SWE1 kit combo, and Monopoly.

#7 6 years ago

I'm sure all the usual suspects will be getting the new machine. 1up, 2up, Lakewood Grille, etc..

#8 6 years ago

Pinball Jones in Ft Collins should have theirs soon.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#9 6 years ago

Flipper McGill's getting Pro next week and 1Up getting a Pro as well-should be next week or so?

#10 6 years ago

Press Play in Boulder (1005 Pearl St) will have one by Wednesday

#11 6 years ago

The 1up will have a Pro next week. 50 cents per play.
The 2up will not have a Star Trek but you have 19 other pins to choose from.

Flipper McGill's will have a Pro next week also.

#12 6 years ago

nice job gents. Thanks for getting the pins and putting them on location for us.

#13 6 years ago

Sweet, we have great places to play here in Colorado!

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from The_1up:

Since opening his new place he has really put together a sterling collection. According to his Facebook page he's just added as WOZ, in addition to a METLE and a bunch of other A-list stuff including MM and MB.

#15 6 years ago

That's a whole lot more ST's on location than all of FL.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Exciting, but at the same time sad, since I'm pretty sure it will be replacing Terminator 2.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Press Play is great, but the price for credits on the newer pins are expensive! Hard to stay there and play for more than a beer or two at a time.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from The_1up:

I just saw on Facebook that Flipper McGill's should have their ST Pro set up tonight! Unfortunately I won't be able to make it.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Kurisu:

I just saw on Facebook that Flipper McGill's should have their ST Pro set up tonight! Unfortunately I won't be able to make it.

Can anyone confirm that they have a ST there and have actually played it? Thanks!

#20 6 years ago

Star Trek is at the 1up !!!
Come on down and ramp out !!!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from The_1up:

Star Trek is at the 1up !!!
Come on down and ramp out !!!

Wanted to check you guys out and this is a great excuse to do so!

I'll plan on coming down Monday. Need a day of rest after playing all afternoon up in Ft. Collins at Pinball Jones (which every pin fan in Colorado should plan to do - haven't seen more quality titles in such great condition in an arcade than Kim has in a very, very long time.)

#22 6 years ago

Can anyone confirm if Flipper McGill's has their ST Pro? Will be heading past there tomorrow and may stop by if ST is there.

#23 6 years ago

Yes. Grizzly McGee's has the Star Trek Pro set up next to WOZ.

#24 6 years ago

LOL - thanks!

#25 6 years ago

Mine has been up since friday - 1600 Miner St, Idaho Springs Co
Current Game list at Flipper McGill's
Star Trek Pro
Wizard Of Oz (EC)
Metallica MOPLE
Medieval Madness
Monster Bash
Congo
Tron
Simpsons Pinball Party
Phantom of the Opera
Time Machine
Cue Ball Wiz
Eight Ball Champ
Space Shuttle
Target Alpha
Cherry Bell
Prospector
North Star
Baywatch (out of service till new dmd arrives)

the 1up also has their Star Trek pro up and running as well.

#26 6 years ago

Idaho Springs here we come....

#27 6 years ago

Thanks, be sure to try the pretzel burger.

I'd say hello to you but today is my day off with the 2 year old and we are going to see Thomas the tank engine at the Colorado railroad museum. woot?

#28 6 years ago

Stopped in to Flippers just before 11 AM to check out the ST Pro. Decent game. Didn't wow me as much as I thought. What made a bigger impression was seeing the ST sitting next to your WoZ. I know ST is a Pro, but still - a pretty big difference in the two machines on general. Nice that you had both front and center.

#29 6 years ago

Hoping that Pinball Jones and Chippers' Lanes in Ft. Collins get it. Love those places.

#30 6 years ago

Played ST at 1up this afternoon. Nice line up.

My very first reaction on ST? The red DMD is absolutely horrible. Character animations look cartoonish and chubby (and if the one girl I saw is supposed to be Alice Eve - yikes!). I don't remember if the LE has a red DMD, but if it does that will have to get swapped out.

I don't like the pro translite/cabinet artwork, but that doesn't make any difference on location.

I liked the art on the PF more than I expected from reading here. The play itself was fast, really fast. Watch out for the left orbit. None of the shots themselves were too hard; didn't pay attention to the modes much but they seemed basic and/or unfinished. Liked Klingon Multiball, voices, sounds and lights. The ship seems to be nothing more than the AFM ship, but the mechanism and ship itself looked far more sturdy and robust than it seems in the pictures. I've played WOZ and ST now this weekend - ST wins hands down for speed, WOZ for toys and shots. Both are pretty in their own way.

I'd like to back and play more - couldn't stay long this afternoon because the smell of bleach was overpowering - there must've been a killer party there last night.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Played ST at 1up this afternoon. Nice line up.
My very first reaction on ST? The red DMD is absolutely horrible. Character animations look cartoonish and chubby (and if the one girl I saw is supposed to be Alice Eve - yikes!). I don't remember if the LE has a red DMD, but if it does that will have to get swapped out.
I don't like the pro translite/cabinet artwork, but that doesn't make any difference on location.
I liked the art on the PF more than I expected from reading here. The play itself was fast, really fast. Watch out for the left orbit. None of the shots themselves were too hard; didn't pay attention to the modes much but they seemed basic and/or unfinished. Liked Klingon Multiball, voices, sounds and lights. The ship seems to be nothing more than the AFM ship, but the mechanism and ship itself looked far more sturdy and robust than it seems in the pictures. I've played WOZ and ST now this weekend - ST wins hands down for speed, WOZ for toys and shots. Both are pretty in their own way.

That's a pretty good summary of my experience and reaction today. I'd not seen or played either WoZ or ST until today at Flipper's. I walked away thinking that ST is a nice Stern. I completely agree with your comments about the dots. Not that you can do a lot with dots, but the animations seemed like they could have been better. The red DMD, IMHO, lacks contrast between the dot intensity over traditional orange. I feel the same about blue DMDs. We'll have to see how the ST software evolves as I think there is a lot more potential locked up there.

#32 6 years ago

I just logged quite a bit of time on ST at the 1up and I think it was awesome. I have to agree that the dot animations are a little sub par, but the overall game play was addicting and very fun. The modes and multiball were fun to go for and the the flow was really good, nice ramps and loops. I think it's a hit and as far as gameplay goes it beats MET IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
La Verne, CA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside