1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by OilGuy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180407_123631683_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180407_131450013_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180407_131455704_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Looking to start up a group for pinball. Guess you could call it a pinball club. Hopefully there are people who are of the same interest in this as myself. Thinking of meeting at least once a month at various locations around town. Looking for fellow pinheads that aren't limited to competitive play. Looking for collectors and enthusiasts that would like to get together, not only to play pinball but talk pinball and maybe work on pinball. Help each other with problem games, moving games, finding games. Thinking about having the first meeting sometime in January. Trying to judge interest in this idea. Contact me if you are interested or have questions/input.

Lem

#2 1 year ago

LEM - I would love to talk pinball with you sometime as a fellow collector and enthustiast. At Tilt Pinball in Louisville, CO we have over 20 pinball machines (game list on pin map) and nearly 50 games in total. We also have an active pinball league with over 50 total, but about 30 regulars meet Wednesday nights at 7:15pm. It is not a hyper competitive league, but more of an opportunity to get together, play pinball, and enjoy a few libations. If you get a group together, I could help promote the event at our location. I was also planning a class on upgrading an old pinball machine (flippers, rubbers, LEDS, etc.).

#3 1 year ago

I'm not a great player, but love the talking pinball part ...

#4 1 year ago

Great! Will you guys PM me with your contact info, email, phone. I'll add you to the list. I've had pretty good response just from the Craigslist ad. I plan on maybe the second or third week in January for the first meeting. Details to follow after the first of the year. I too am active in a local league here in the tech center. We are on Hiatus until January.... I just thought, I haven't seen any clubs here in the metro area that I'm aware of... but I thought it'd be cool to have something other than just the league going.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from PrinzFred:

I was also planning a class on upgrading an old pinball machine (flippers, rubbers, LEDS, etc.).

That's a great idea, this is exactly part of the things I would like to see a club do as some activities. I will keep you in the loop for sure.

#6 1 year ago

very interested. I'll PM you info.

3 weeks later
    #7 1 year ago

Hello all, and Happy New Year!

I have had very good response to interest in a pinball club/group. Over 35 people have responded. I have set up our first meeting for Saturday January 20th. I reserved space at Moe's BBQ in Englewood (3295 S Broadway. 80113) 1:30pm start time. They have good food, drinks, and pinball machines! We have the back of the restaurant reserved and they assure me we should be able to talk and be able to hear each other. Please let me know if you will be able to attend and how many so I can tell the restaurant.

1 week later
    #8 1 year ago

Hello all,

Just an update about pinball club, first meeting is this Saturday January 20th 1:30pm at Moe's BBQ in Englewood (3295 S Broadway, Englewood, CO 80113).

If you would like to attend and I have not heard from you, let me know I'd like to have a head count for the restaurant. You can pm me.

Should be a good turnout, over 35 have RSVPd. It will be fun.

3 months later
    #9 1 year ago

Hello all,

Just thought I'd give an update on how The Colorado Pinball Club is going. So the club is three meetings in now and about 50 people are on the distribution list. It is a very informal and welcoming setting. We meet once a month on the first Saturday of each month. Times vary but usually around noon. We meet at various locations along the front range, mostly trying to stick to the greater metro area. We do usually meet at a pinball location, but aren't limited to this.

The focus of Club is more to the collecting, restoring, repairing, finding, moving end of the pinball spectrum. We do have a few techs and many many other skilled people that greatly benefit pinball (auto painters, welders, electrical engineers etc...) Some members compete in leagues as well. Its a great place just for the networking aspect, pinball and personal.

At the last meeting we has an soldering workshop at Arapahoe Bowl to learn to solder. We had a bunch of scrap circut boards we practiced on and about 5-6 soldering stations set up. The turn out was great. A fun time was had by all, and we played pinball...

The next meeting is set for Saturday May 5 8:30 am. In Highlands Ranch. We will be playing around with a few EMs that need some love and a cocktail pin also.

If you would like to join us at this meeting or any other in the future, please contact me.

If your an operator and would like to host the club at your location, let me know.

Lem

IMG_20180407_131455704_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180407_131450013_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180407_123631683_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg

#10 1 year ago

thats awesome! im in fort collins and work on saturdays until 2. Do you ever meet in the afternoons?

#11 1 year ago

Yes more than likely we will meet up some afternoons. Just depends on how the locations work out.

#12 1 year ago

This sounds awesome. I would like to join you guys. PM sent.

#13 1 year ago

Hey Lem, this looks good, would you please add me to the list. Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 75.00
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 208.87
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 12,500.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 26.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside