Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by 5280wzrd
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140913_190039419_HDR-482.jpg
    IMG_20140913_173643454_HDR.jpg
    1932 Ford Street Rod.jpg
    Other half of the pins.jpg
    Half of the 11 pins.jpg
    Pin-Bot, Bride of Pin-Bot and Jack-Bot in a row.jpg
    chilifest_logo_2014.pdf (PDF preview)
    IMG_20140813_174706728.jpg
    IMG_20140815_123043281_HDR.jpg
    ChiliFest_Flyer_2014_FINAL.pdf (PDF preview)
    #1 9 years ago

My sons Boy Scout Troop is hosting the 3rd annual ChiliFest Saturday September 13th at Douglas County Fairgrounds in Castle Rock from 4-8pm. This event is a fundraiser for B.S.A. Troop 780's high adventure program.

I am happy to say that I have managed to incorporate pinball this year! With the help of The Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown (Thanks Dan and Holly), we will have about 12 games on set to play on quarters. Including Pinbot, Bride of Pinbot and Jackbot all together!

The main event is a Chili Cook-off. There is also a Live Band, Car Show and Hawk Quest will be on site with live hawks and eagles demos. We have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee we are selling sledge hammer hits on and then at the end of the night the fire department will cut it apart with the "Jaws of Life". It's a fun time for all ages!

$8.00 will get you in the door and that includes all you can sample chili from the cook-off. (last year we had just over 30 chili entries) Kids 5 and under are FREE.

If you would be interested in bringing a game down for free entry for you and a friend please PM me. We are also still welcoming any Chili Cook-off entries and Cars for the show (PM me for more info)

ChiliFest_Flyer_2014_FINAL.pdfChiliFest_Flyer_2014_FINAL.pdf

#2 9 years ago

I want to get a picture of the three Pinbot machines together, so looks like I need to plan a road trip!

Play some pinball,have some chili and support a good cause ... Win, Win, Win!

#3 9 years ago

Maybe I can talk my wife into a road trip...

#4 9 years ago

Too cool - how come my Boy Scout troop never did anything like this!?! I'll try to convince the wife that a quick trip down 25 is in order.

#5 9 years ago

It is a great time! Come on down!

#6 9 years ago

What other tables will be there?

#7 9 years ago

nbaf, potc, hs, bop, pb, jb, flash, aztec, buccaneer, delta queen, tron.

Unless others want to join in!

#8 9 years ago

Come on down and enter your chili recipe. Public vote for 1st 2nd and 3rd place trophies.

If you have a sweet car, bring it down and enter the car show. 5 trophies up for grabs.

1 week later
    #9 9 years ago

The car smash car is ready to go! Come on down on the 13th and beat on this Jeep with a sledge hammer for $1 a hit!

IMG_20140813_174706728.jpgIMG_20140813_174706728.jpg IMG_20140815_123043281_HDR.jpgIMG_20140815_123043281_HDR.jpg
    #10 9 years ago

One week away, come down play some pinball, check out some cars, listen to a rock'n band, smash a jeep!

Oh yeah, taste some chili.

$8 at the door.

chilifest_logo_2014.pdfchilifest_logo_2014.pdf
    1 week later
    #11 9 years ago

So 34 chili entry's some red some green, 11 pinball machines, lots of cars, birds of prey, a bounce house for the kids, live music, a car smash, fire fighters will be demoing the "Jaws of Life", lots of cool stuff in the silent auction (including a Magatouch XL stand up game). Gates open at 4pm only $8 per person and kids under 5 are free. Come down, have some good clean, support a great cause!

Look me up when you get there!

Lem

#12 9 years ago

I just got back from the Castle Rock Chili Fest and had a great time. Really nice to meet you Lem, I had a good time chatting with you. Thank you for bringing some of your pins along. I played half of the pins that were there. Here's a photo of the 3 'bot' pins in a row for you jfh. Probably a few other Pinsiders wanted to see them as well. Pity you weren't there jfh, I would've loved to have met you and any other Pinsiders. I'm moving up to Denver soon so I'll meet you soon enough I guess.

Pin*Bot, Bride of Pin*Bot and Jack*Bot all lined up.

Pin-Bot, Bride of Pin-Bot and Jack-Bot in a row.jpgPin-Bot, Bride of Pin-Bot and Jack-Bot in a row.jpg

I met Dan and his wife Holly, great couple. They run the Denver Pinball Showdown for us. I made sure to thank them for doing so. I had a good long chat with them before they ran off to taste some chili. Thank you for bringing some of your pins along for people to play Dan.
    It was nice to see young kids playing the pins. Some had never seen a pin in their lives and thought they were pretty cool. I know because I asked a few of them, lol
    Here's a couple of photos of the 11 pins that were set up.

Half of the 11 pins.jpgHalf of the 11 pins.jpg

Other half of the pins.jpgOther half of the pins.jpg

There was certainly plenty of chili on offer to sample. I tried quite a few, and I'm not really a chili eater. They were all really tasty except one was too hot for me. The chili with chocolate in it was certainly strange. It tasted weird, and very sweet.
    The people who made the chili dishes, and there were many of them, were really friendly, it was great.
    All saying 'taste this, and tell me what you think.' lol

There was even a car show. Some were inside on display and the rest were outside. Here's a pic of one of them for the car buffs.

1932 Ford Street Rod.jpg1932 Ford Street Rod.jpg

There was a big silent auction and I bid on a T-Shirt and 2 tickets for next years Denver Pinball Showdown. I won and I'm sorry for outbidding your sister Lem. I apologised, so we met and chatted and she told me you were her brother. It's all good, we're friends now, lol. I even met the guy who won that Megatouch game. He was really surprised to win it for 80 bucks but he's happy enough. Especially when I told him how to fix the lines on the screen.

All in all, a really good event to go to. The live 3 piece band was surprisingly good too.
    And Lem, when you get that Hyperball back together one of these years, you hafta invite me over to play it!
    Cheers, Mal

#13 9 years ago

Damn just Saw this. Next year please reach out to us. We can help with games

JJ

#14 9 years ago

It would have been nice to catch up with you again JJ, along with some of your pins.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Damn just Saw this. Next year please reach out to us. We can help with games
    JJ

JJ I'm very sorry, I really should have talked to you. You can put it on your calender for next year. It will be the second weekend of September again. I'll get a hold of you in January.

Lem

#16 9 years ago

Mal, very nice to meet you. Hope to hook up with you again soon. Thanks for coming out, glade you had some fun. I'll have you over to the house when and if I ever get my a Hyperball finished.

Lem

#17 9 years ago

IMG_20140913_190039419_HDR-482.jpgIMG_20140913_190039419_HDR-482.jpgIMG_20140913_173643454_HDR.jpgIMG_20140913_173643454_HDR.jpgThe car bash was a "hit" as always! Everyone seams to like watching the fire department cut it up at the end.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/denver-colorado-springs-pinball-event-9-13-14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.