Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 139 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220415_210048 (resized).jpg
    20220415_202820 (resized).jpg
    20191127_212123 (resized).jpg
    20191127_212737 (resized).jpg
    20181122_013734 (resized).jpg
    20181122_014423 (resized).jpg
    20181121_220423 (resized).jpg
    20181121_220619 (resized).jpg
    Pinball (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
    Breckenridge.JPG
    There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

Hey,

Gonna be in Denver Saturday and night. Any local barcades or pin locations with a good local beer selection to play at? We haven't booked a hotel yet, so no idea where in the city we will be. Just know we will be downtown somewhere.

Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

the 1UP!!!!!

#3 7 years ago

They have (2) locations, so hopefully you will be close to one of them. Both look to have great line-ups

http://www.the-1up.com/

John's arcade tours of each location from early 2015

#4 7 years ago

if you are around Saturday day time stop by game exchange and say hi! We are right outside of downtown. open 10-4 with about 30 pinballs on free play! I'm working Saturday

2650 w 6th ave
    denver, co 80241

Other Places
    1 Up's
    Wash Park Sports Alley
    Lyons Classic Pinball(Lyons)
    Press Play (Boulder)
    Pinball Jones (Ft Collins)

JJ

#5 7 years ago

1up, 2up, three kings tavern, cuckoos nest, game exchange has games on free play on their show floor. if you venture out boulder has press play, Lyons has Lyons classic pinball which is a must stop if possible. fort collins has Pinball Jones.

edit JJ beat me to the info by 15 seconds

#6 7 years ago

JJ, I would love to come by, I'll have to try and make it work. With a bachelor party and I'm the only Pinhead. Thought the craft beer location might be the only way I can get these guys to stop in somewhere.

I'll keep you posted.

#7 7 years ago

Also, thanks for the heads up on the locations gents! With that many around, I'm sure we will be close to one of them.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

JJ, I would love to come by, I'll have to try and make it work. With a bachelor party and I'm the only Pinhead. Thought the craft beer location might be the only way I can get these guys to stop in somewhere.
    I'll keep you posted.

Caucasian2step has a few games at Chain Reaction Brewery. not sure what the current lineup is there but they had a TZ and TSPP awhile back.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Caucasian2step has a few games at Chain Reaction Brewery. not sure what the current lineup is there but they had a TZ and TSPP awhile back.

Nice! I'm sure they play great.

#10 7 years ago

You've come to the right place for pinball. Both 1Up's have a great mix of the newest Sterns with the classic 90's B/W's. MM, Monster Bash, WH20, Creature, AF. Honestly, some of the best pinball venues in the country. As far as the craft beer goes, it needs no touting from me.

If you feel like going about an hour north of city, Lyons Classic is also one of best in country.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'll keep you posted.

Ha we got 100's if video games, and Air Hockey ect too..

How many guys?

#12 7 years ago

A few weeks ago was my first visit to Denver. I headed West through the Rockies, what a beautiful drive. Look what I found in Breckenridge.

Breckenridge.JPGBreckenridge.JPG

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jumping-Box:

A few weeks ago was my first visit to Denver. I headed West through the Rockies, what a beautiful drive. Look what I found in Breckenridge.

Downstairs at Erics is ran by good guys. They take good care of there stuff and update it often

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jumping-Box:

Sweet were staying in breck at a cabin the first two nights. Tonight and tomorrow night

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Ha we got 100's if video games, and Air Hockey ect too..
    How many guys?

#16 7 years ago

Bring Em by during the day Saturday for while.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sweet were staying in breck at a cabin the first two nights. Tonight and tomorrow night

Food is good there too. Chris and Geoff own the games and are also managers at the bar. if you see them tell them they need an ATM =)

JJ

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Food is good there too. Chris and Geoff own the games and are also managers at the bar. if you see them tell them they need an ATM =)
    JJ

Do the have TVs? We need a place to watch the NBA game.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Bring Em by during the day Saturday for while.

I'll try. I think we're rafting and won't be done till around 4 though.

#20 7 years ago

I think we're Eric's bound. I'll report back.

#21 7 years ago

Just got back from Eric's. Good spot for food beer sports and pin. TWD pro and GOT LE played well. The ram on GOT wasn't registering very well, but that's typical. Had fun. We actually played BBH HD a lot too. I have a friend who's into it. That's a fun game to play with a group.

Definitely recommend it if in breck.

#22 7 years ago

Just went to 1up. Games were flawless. The place was crawling with people, but the games were on point. I had so much fun. I went to the colfax one.

3 weeks later
    #23 7 years ago

Headed to Denver myself this coming weekend (and following week). Desperately hoping to get some time at 1up, but I will be forced to stay at Keystone for the duration due to work commitments, and I understand that's kind of far away!

It'll be my first time in the USA so I'm really hoping at some stage I can get some time at 1up, but who knows. Are there any leagues that play there that I might be able to drop in on (if I can make it)?

4 weeks later
    #24 7 years ago

Jumpin on Chuck Wurts back here...
    I'll be at the 1-Up on Colfax from 4-last call. Would be cool to meet some of ya Denverites. We can smoke up and swap Peyton Manning stories.

#25 7 years ago

Did you at least bring some shrimp cocktail from St. Elmo's?

#26 7 years ago

Ha ! Is that the best sinus-clearing sauce or what ?? Peyton and I's favorite. I just brought some Skeletonwitch.

#27 7 years ago

At the Denver Childrens Museum now. Scotty....beam me up to the 1-Up light speed ! But holy cow, God bless all these super-fit yummy CO Moms. Mmm.

#28 7 years ago

1 ups are cool and all but about 30 min north of downtown is Lyons pinball.. one of the best pinball locations I have ever been.. 35ish games to play and the owner takes really good care of games. they don't serve food or drinks, but restaurant next door does

#29 7 years ago

Last year at Thanksgiving the Colfax 1-Up had a GNR and a MOPLE. With an ACDC Premium being moved in that day.
    None of those machines were there.
    But threw over $20 in GB. I'm impressed all to hell. Feel the same way about Hobbit. Gorgeous, fun game. I played it less because it was $1. I like that ramp. A lot.
    Met the cool local kid that threw up 750,000,000 on GB. Fell in love with TOM.

#30 7 years ago

The 1-Up.
    No machines I played ever had an error. Immaculate shape.
    Bartender and bouncer cool af. Love that joint.

#31 7 years ago

1-Up sucked a few years back with the punk-ass help they had. We decided to never go back and I'll never recommend them.

#32 7 years ago

Sorry to hear that. My experience there has always been cool though, like, really fun to talk to cool.

#33 7 years ago

Was actually there from 4-1am. Had such a good time on some well kept machines.

#34 7 years ago

Jukebox needs some Skeletonwitch though.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sorry to hear that. My experience there has always been cool though, like, really fun to talk to cool.

Ive never had an issue at either 1up location. Staff is always cool to me. Plenty of free games left on machines from pinball newbs, as well.

I do stay away on weekend nights though, to avoid the heavy drinking bros and suburbanites.

1 week later
    #36 7 years ago

I want to give a shout out for the Wash Park Sports Alley.
    http://m.washparksportsalley.com/
    The owner is obviously a collector and keeps his games in immaculate shape. Great food and service too. Here's the current line up:
    Stern Playboy
    ST pro
    SMVE
    GOT pre
    MMR
    Bally NBA Fast Break
    Walking Dead pro

2 weeks later
    #37 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I want to give a shout out for the Wash Park Sports Alley.
    http://m.washparksportsalley.com/
    The owner is obviously a collector and keeps his games in immaculate shape. Great food and service too. Here's the current line up:
    Stern Playboy
    ST pro
    SMVE
    GOT pre
    MMR
    Bally NBA Fast Break
    Walking Dead pro

I do the ATM and Jukebox there. Greg is the owner and is a great guy. He keeps updating his lineup and adding more. Hes got the BUG bad.. Started with me putting a Hook in there a few years ago!

JJ

1 week later
    #38 7 years ago

I will be back in the belly of the beast tonight!! I will be back from a concert at red rocks around 12-1. I'll be at union station. Looks like 1up Lodo is close. Any other locations near by? Anything open past 2 am?

Thanks!

#39 7 years ago

everything closes at 2

#40 7 years ago

Bummer. Well since Lodo is close to union station, maybe we can make it for a beer or two.

#41 7 years ago

Looks like we will have about 2 hours to kill before the bus gets us for red rocks. We will be at 1up Lodo from 4-6. Come meet up!!

1 month later
    #42 7 years ago

I plan on making a trip to Denver this winter. I've heard some horror stories about 1-up, but still plan on trying out a few pins.

Anyone been to Arapahoe Bowling? Looks like they have a ton of pins I've never played..

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from barkerlake:

I plan on making a trip to Denver this winter. I've heard some horror stories about 1-up, but still plan on trying out a few pins.
    Anyone been to Arapahoe Bowling? Looks like they have a ton of pins I've never played..

There are 2 MUST visit places when in the Denver area.
    #1 is Lyons Classic Arcade
    #2 is PressPlay

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

There are 2 MUST visit places when in the Denver area.
    #1 is Lyons Classic Arcade
    #2 is PressPlay

Lyons sounds great, but is an hour away and I don't plan on renting a car.

#45 7 years ago

just post up and see if you can catch a ride with a local pinballer. Lyons is well worth renting a car for the day. Period!

#46 7 years ago

The 1up Colfax is amazing for pinball and arcade junkies. Brand new remodel.

And don't sleep on hyperspace arcade just 5 miles outside the city...a cheap uber ride.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

The 1up Colfax is amazing for pinball and arcade junkies. Brand new remodel.
    And don't sleep on hyperspace arcade just 5 miles outside the city...a cheap uber ride.

Come by and Visit here too! All the new Sterns, MMR, and Other Used games on Free play!

JJ

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from barkerlake:

I've heard some horror stories about 1-up, but still plan on trying out a few pins.

What are those? I had a blast at each location.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What are those? I had a blast at each location.

Just things like bouncers being really aggressive, bartenders being rude and condescending. I doubt I'll be involved in anything like that, I'll only be there to play pinball and have a beer or two.

Thanks for the invite Gex, I hope I can stop by.

Thanks for the Hyperspace rec...looks like they have some nice early 80's games.

Has anybody been to Arapahoe bowling? Flintstones, Shadow, Who Dunnit...a bunch of games they don't have here in MN.

#50 7 years ago

We have never had any issues at 1-up Colfax. It's a bar, so you get the reviews from people that get too drunk and cause problems and of course they don't think they were doing anything wrong. Also, when they closed the music venue portion a lot of people lost their minds over it and some of them left bad reviews on Yelp. We go there all the time, the lineup is amazing, never had any problems. Have fun!

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/denver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.