Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbs up.jpg
image.jpg
!!!!!classact.jpg
image-435.jpg
image.jpg
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

Best wishes to your son! Sometimes a positive attitude is the best medicine. It is awesome that Dennis was able to bring some smiles!

#52 9 years ago

Dennis is about as down to earth as they come and his wife Barb is a sweetheart!!

Really nice story!!

#53 9 years ago

Best thread ever....

#54 9 years ago

Kid ego,
Its true that there are great people on here. I had a post last week about sending a birthday card to a girl i dont even know, and had around 100 pm's asking for her address

Now its my turn, can you pm me your mailing info. Id like to buy a cliffy for your son to keep his indy 500 in the best shape possible

Soon as i get the address ill order one and have it sent to you

thanks
troy

#55 9 years ago

That is AMAZING and great to hear We are lucky to have Nordman on the forum and in the pinball community I really enjoy seeing and hearing about these kinds of things that happen. There are good people still out there

#56 9 years ago

I am not surprised to hear this.

Fantastic story, and it seems to have moved him as well, as he posted on his Facebook page about it also.

Chris

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Kid ego,
Its true that there are great people on here. I had a post last week about sending a birthday card to a girl i dont even know, and had around 100 pm's asking for her address
Now its my turn, can you pm me your mailing info. Id like to buy a cliffy for your son to keep his indy 500 in the best shape possible
Soon as i get the address ill order one and have it sent to you
thanks
troy

PM sent.

And to everyone...thank you so much for the kind words directed at us and Zach! It is definitely nice to finally be seeing the light the doctors promised would be at the end of this long tunnel and journey.

Now it might be time to add another Nordman pin to the lineup!

#58 9 years ago

Troy, you rock!
Joe, if you get another game, I'll have to come back!

#59 9 years ago

What an awesome story! I've had the pleasure of meeting Dennis on a few occasions and he's as nice and down to earth as they come. What a great gesture of kindness for him and his wife to visit your son. I'm sure it's something he will never forget. Glad to hear that Zach is doing better!

#60 9 years ago

Just got done talking with Cliff. I have bought the protector and Cliff is tossing in a shooter eject protector and some sleeves as well.

So parts are on the way to keep Zachs' game as nice as possible

troy

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Troy, you rock!
Joe, if you get another game, I'll have to come back!

What should be get? DEMOLITION MAN IS WAY WAY UNDERRATED AND LOTS OF RAMPS THAT FLOW

Shameless demo man plug, but it's such a fantastic game

I love this thread.

#63 9 years ago

prayers for your son and family. bravo to mr. Nordman for his kindness and making awesome games.
pinball people are the best people.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What should be get? Demolition Man IS WAY WAY UNDERRATED AND LOTS OF RAMPS THAT FLOW
Shameless demo man plug, but it's such a fantastic game
I love this thread.

Saw a nice Demo Man in the Chicago area for $2700 (was in Market...seller just created a FS thread), but I think it might too nice/costly than what I'd be open to getting. But definitely a great looking example.

Never played one but read great things about it and willing to consider without playing based on our love of Indy 500...and it gets extra points from my family after our special house guest on Saturday.

#65 9 years ago

It's these sort of stories that make our pinball community so amazing.
Thank you kid_ego for sharing.
Thank you Zach for staying strong.
And thank you Dennis for all the ways you continue to give back to our community.
-Ran

#66 9 years ago

Yeah, every time I start getting down because of all of the bickering and name calling on Pinside, I remember threads like this one, of which there have been many. There are a lot of truly fine people in the pinball hobby--and, it turns out, in the pinball profession.

#67 9 years ago

Dennis is a Class Act all the way! ....er, I have the sniffels, now git over here to play Scared Stiff with me...

kidego...all the best to you and your family!

#68 9 years ago

Great story. Two thumbs way up for Zach and Dennis.

#69 9 years ago

This is the Pinside that I miss. Great story and great people. Thank you Dennis!

#70 9 years ago

Bravo Dennis! You are a class act and fine human being! That pic of your little guy on the glass just melted my heart. God bless him and F Cancer!

Todd

#71 9 years ago

fantastic story. Dennis is great all around. Congrats on finally being done with the chemo. That's not an easy process at all. Nice looking Indy 500 you have there as well. And a Tommy to boot.

#72 9 years ago

Great story. Well done for contacting him. Another top guy in Pinball.

#73 9 years ago

Thanks to you all for the nice compliments. It my pleasure to visit Zach and his family. Every game designer I know would have done the same thing. It made me happy to see Zach smile while playing Indy 500.
Dennis

#74 9 years ago

what a great story, thanks so much for sharing.

#75 9 years ago

Cool story thank you for sharing.

Dennis is a cool cat.

#76 9 years ago

There is not a single thing about this story that isn't completely awesome.

#77 9 years ago

Just reading down the thread and man super awesome of you to do what you are doing for this family Dennis....WOW. People like yourself make pinball what it is and should be.

And hey Kid_ego..........Demo man is a combo shot dream. Grab that one if you can. A Dennis Nordman masterpiece!!! I love mine. And as with all Nordman games they are all very different and all very good. A feat in itself to be sure.
Try to find one for your boys to play and I am sure you will see..
Again all the best to your boys..Love this thread! And oh yea F-Cancer!

#78 9 years ago

Great story!

#79 9 years ago

Class act Dennis! Best of luck to your family Kidego.
This is a great pinside story.

#80 9 years ago

Makes me so proud to be in this hobby. The people are what make this crazy game so cool.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Just got done talking with Cliff. I have bought the protector and Cliff is tossing in a shooter eject protector and some sleeves as well.
So parts are on the way to keep Zachs' game as nice as possible
troy

The box of goodies just arrived!

Zach loves getting stuff in the mail, and since this is the first day back at school for him, it'll be an even better surprise when he gets home in a couple hours!

Thanks so much for doing this for him, Troy!

And thanks to Cliff as well for the extra items he's thrown in!

#83 9 years ago

How could I have missed this thread. So glad I opened it...it has now made my day. Great story. So happy for your son...and such a great gesture from Dennis and his wife.

4 months later
#84 9 years ago

Don't really think I can add more that hasn't already been said here. These are the stories that we need to share and hear about. Just lost my father in law last September to brain cancer so I was quite moved after reading the thread. Glad to hear Zach is doing well

#85 9 years ago

Great story thanks for sharing. This is the type of thing that demonstrates just how awesome the pinball community is. Well played Norman, well played!!!

#86 9 years ago

Major respect for dennis to do that! great story and thanks for sharing!!

#87 9 years ago

Not sure how I missed this thread, but man am I glad I found it.
Someone said it already, but this truly is THE greatest thing Ive ever read on Pinside.
Wow. What an amazing story. Maybe we can get together someday so I can get some tips from Zach on my favorite pin too ! Youre a great Dad !
Much love to you guys,
Jason

#88 9 years ago

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to read the story of a very special day. Hadn't caught that a few people had commented on the thread recently.

Update on Zach:

He is doing great and enjoying his first months of living life as a normal, healthy boy.

For those who didn't see the thread I started about my boys getting to do callouts for TWD, he was pronounced cancer-free in September and had surgery to remove his port (port-a-cath) shortly after that great news.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twdfirst-gameplay-review-from-a-6-and-8-year-old

He's playing indoor soccer with his brother this winter, and we're planning our first long-distance family vacation (where we don't have to stay within a couple hours of Loyola).

And he's looking forward to an upcoming trip to the Dells...for his first ever chance to go swimming!

#89 9 years ago

such great news!

#90 9 years ago

When I read the thread title I first thought Dennis Rodman visited your son!
Dennis Nordman is just as cool though. The guy with Helen Miren at the Golden Globes looks vaguely like him.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Dennis Nordman is just as cool though.

Pfffft! Dennis Nordman is WAY cooler!

SOURCE: Met them both.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Update on Zach:
He is doing great and enjoying his first months of living life as a normal, healthy boy.
For those who didn't see the thread I started about my boys getting to do callouts for TWD, he was pronounced cancer-free in September and had surgery to remove his port (port-a-cath) shortly after that great news.
He's playing indoor soccer with his brother this winter, and we're planning our first long-distance family vacation (where we don't have to stay within a couple hours of Loyola).
And he's looking forward to an upcoming trip to the Dells...for his first ever chance to go swimming!

Great news!!! Thanks for the update and enjoy the Dells!!!

#93 9 years ago

Awesome story!

#94 9 years ago

This story made my day. Thank you for another Pinside moment. Also thank you Dennis for being awesome.

#95 9 years ago

Great story! My recently acquired Party Animal will now get more love during its shop job!

#96 9 years ago

Great to hear. God bless your family.

bruce

#97 9 years ago

Great thread, even greater folk!
thumbs up.jpgthumbs up.jpg

#99 9 years ago

Glad to hear the great news!

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to read the story of a very special day. Hadn't caught that a few people had commented on the thread recently.
Update on Zach:

I'm happy to hear that Zach is doing so well! You go Zach!

Dennis

Post edited by moderator: Fixed the block quote...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 17.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 37.50
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dennis-nordman-visits-my-son/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.