Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by unigroove
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20130729_145843.jpg
    DSC04144.JPG
    Dennis-Nordman-interview2[1].jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Just seen Nordman has joined Heighway pinball!! Anyone know what game he will be working on??? They seem to be moving forward very fast, new website is running Www.heighwaypinball.com

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Very interesting. Another new pin manufacturer. Getting Dennis on board is a great step!

#3 10 years ago

I obviously like Mark Ritchie games.. but imho Nordman is easily the best pinball designer of all time.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

I obviously like Mark Ritchie games.. but imho Nordman is easily the best pinball designer of all time.

He's my favorite designer. Really wish that JJP could have kept him on to design a pin.

#5 10 years ago

: ( Probably means we wont see Whoa Nellie via Stern.

#6 10 years ago

Heighway are shaping up to have a big impact in this market, they are looking to make some state of the art changes and seem to be forming a very good team, take a look at their full throttle final machine design. Looks great doesn't it??? And having nordman on board is a great addition

image.jpgimage.jpg

#7 10 years ago

That's cool!

#8 10 years ago

Maybe he's doing the topper

#9 10 years ago

Talk is full game design from start to finish with LCD in the middle
    This could be a hot one!!!

#10 10 years ago

So I'm confused. Wasn't Dennis working with P3 or is he doing Both?

#11 10 years ago

I'm wondering how this is going to work? Is Dennis moving to the UK, or can he design out here and review designs over skype?

#12 10 years ago

Heighway takes a nice jump in credibility. Should help them garner a few deposits.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Heighway takes a nice jump in credibility. Should help them garner a few deposits.

Ya, maybe third company in two year will be the charm! He may have found someone to take on his Elvira 3 idea. None of the others did.

I do love me some white water!

#14 10 years ago

Hm. Dennis Nordman doesn't have a wikipedia page. Does anyone that knows more about him than I do want to start one?

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

So I'm confused. Wasn't Dennis working with P3 or is he doing Both?

He designed one of the first two Multimorphic games; Lexy Lightspeed-Galaxy Girl for P3. He's not building the games, just designing them. Not much for him to do after the design is finished.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

He designed one of the first two Multimorphic games; Lexy Lightspeed-Galaxy Girl for P3. He's not building the games, just designing them. Not much for him to do after the design is finished.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

Thanks Rob.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

: ( Probably means we wont see Whoa Nellie via Stern.

I don't see what one has to do with the other. He wasn't going to work for Stern, they're just working out a contract to build the game, if the numbers are there.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I don't see what one has to do with the other. He wasn't going to work for Stern, they're just working out a contract to build the game, if the numbers are there.

Plus, I believe Greg Freres is already on board with Stern should this happen.

#19 10 years ago

A good step in the right path for Heighway.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobertWinter:

Plus, I believe Greg Freres is already on board with Stern should this happen.

Right, that too! One half of the team on WNBJM works for them, and it's not like they were trying to hire Dennis and he snubbed them. I can't see this affecting WNBJM in any fashion.

#21 10 years ago

Dennis is a great designer who should not be on the sidelines. I'd be in on a Hobbit if he was still designing JJP #2 as originally promised. Hopefully this gig works out and we see a new Nordman pin.

#22 10 years ago

Glad to see a legend getting back to creating fun designs for us pinball addicts! The pins I have deposits on better come out sooner than later because I'm intrigued.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Dennis is a great designer who should not be on the sidelines. I'd be in on a Hobbit if he was still designing JJP #2 as originally promised. Hopefully this gig works out and we see a new Nordman pin.

I was all primed for a Nordman unlicensed original widebody then Hobbit was announced.
    What a freakin' buzzkill.

#24 10 years ago

Dennis, bring us another ramp game!! Gotta love them ramps on WH2O

#25 10 years ago

joined or designing for? At the moment he seems to be rent a designer. JJP, Multimorphic and now HWP.

#26 10 years ago

Is he finishing the Full Throttle game of Johns or another title?

Or are we going to see Animal Funhouse replaced by Full Throttle now replaced by something else.

Seems to easy to gain Credibility for pre orders Hiring part time Game Legends

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

Or are we going to see Animal Funhouse replaced by Full Throttle now replaced by something else.

John didn't design full throttle, Dave and I did. John & I did Forbidden Planet

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

I think what Heighway have done in a relatively short period of time is amazing and they are not asking for deposits or anything until it is finished ready for production.

Game design legends shorten the time for debugging because of the experience they have, so why not especially if they are available and have the passion to get a few new designs on the go.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I asked George Gomez about doing WNBJM at Stern and according to him there's still a good chance of that happening. They just need to figure out the numbers to make it work.

Heighway Pinball also announced Doug Watson as the new graphic artist on the Full Throttle backglass.

#30 10 years ago

Interesting Doug Watson back in the game.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_ox100:

Heighway are shaping up to have a big impact in this market, they are looking to make some state of the art changes and seem to be forming a very good team, take a look at their full throttle final machine design. Looks great doesn't it??? And having nordman on board is a great addition

I love the cabinet design. It looks like the playfield glass will be fully framed and will hinge up so you don't have to slide the glass out. I also like the big window on the side of the cabinet. I'll guess that's for cabinet art so the art can be swapped out easily for Pinball2000 style game conversions.

#32 10 years ago

Dennis Nordman is to pinball as Michael (I'll star in any movie) Caine is to Film.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I love the cabinet design

Looks great!

#34 10 years ago

People talk about JJP design being the future of pinball, but it is clearly Heighway. This is truly innovative.

#35 10 years ago

Dennis Nordman is to pinball as Michael (I'll star in any movie) Caine is to Film.

Yes, but Dennis has better teeth, but just barely

Dennis-Nordman-interview2[1].jpgDennis-Nordman-interview2[1].jpg

#36 10 years ago

I recently joined the Heighway Pinball team and having a legend like Dennis working with us is a great boost for all of us.

I can't give too much away but I'm very excited about the project Dennis will be working on.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I love the cabinet design. It looks like the playfield glass will be fully framed and will hinge up so you don't have to slide the glass out. I also like the big window on the side of the cabinet. I'll guess that's for cabinet art so the art can be swapped out easily for Pinball2000 style game conversions.

Yes that's correct from what I've seen the artwork will slide in those large side panels

#38 10 years ago

I think their system is great. When you swap out playfields, the flipper and ball loader mechs STAY in the cabinet, as does the LCD.

This makes new playfields cheaper!

#39 10 years ago

awesome here are my dennis tables

DSC04144.JPGDSC04144.JPG IMG_20130729_145843.jpgIMG_20130729_145843.jpg

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I think their system is great. When you swap out playfields, the flipper and ball loader mechs STAY in the cabinet, as does the LCD.
    This makes new playfields cheaper!

no it doesn't. It's all on the playfield.

#41 10 years ago

I can't wait to see the side window get shattered if its glass and not plastic. U can imagine how many times I see a ball bounce off the side of my cabinet in some of my games..

#42 10 years ago

it would be polycarb for sure

#43 10 years ago

I remember seeing him in a picture working on a woz upper mock up pf. What part of woz was his?

#44 10 years ago

Just to clarify a couple of things:

Dennis is not involved with Full Throttle, but his title is going to be something very special - saying no more than that. The plan for the next two games after Full Throttle is I'm designing one, he's designing the playfield of the other. And no; neither of those two will be Circe's Animal House - most of that game evolved into Full Throttle. CAH is still on the cards, any future version would retain the same ideas, but in a completely different playfield form as I don't believe in doing the same thing twice.

#45 10 years ago

I8UB4 - he was a toy designer on WOZ. The spinning house is his, which fits in the area you mentioned.

#46 10 years ago

Exciting times to be a pinhead. Congratulations to both Dennis and Heighway. Great stuff!

#47 10 years ago

I also just noticed the tubular Pinball2000 playfield slide through the coin door opening, nice. That's good cheap protection for everything under the playfield and makes swaps a breeze. The triangular cutouts in the cab are also interesting. Are they for artwork, or to let the lightshow out???

Best of luck Heighway!!! Let me know if you need a test site, check here:

http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/

#48 10 years ago

So 2 more games on the go at Heighway Pinball!
    Excellent news! Great to see someone else moving pinball forward, I heard they will be making 3 games per year so really giving an alternative to stern. As someone said earlier to do all this and not ask do any deposits yet is fantastic. Does anyone know the price of FULL THROTTLE LE? And if I can order one yet?

#49 10 years ago

Is that backbox touch sensitive?

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Just to clarify a couple of things:
    Dennis is not involved with Full Throttle, but his title is going to be something very special - saying no more than that. The plan for the next two games after Full Throttle is I'm designing one, he's designing the playfield of the other. And no; neither of those two will be Circe's Animal House - most of that game evolved into Full Throttle. CAH is still on the cards, any future version would retain the same ideas, but in a completely different playfield form as I don't believe in doing the same thing twice.

Great to hear inside information! I really like the one cabinet, multiple playfields-idea (for I have limeted space). Price-indication (way back, not sure if that still stands) was higher than I'd hoped, but who knows: if there's 2 playfields/games that I like, I might buy a set someday, so I can have more games in my house with the same amount of space.
    I like the look of Full Throttle and the flow it to has, so now let's see some gameplay video with rules, screen and sounds

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dennis-nordman-joins-heighway-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.