• Demul 3 votes
    43%
  • Redream 1 vote
    14%
  • Redream with 4k 3 votes
    43%

(7 votes)

#1 3 years ago

Which one is better? Is the donation to Redream worth it?

#2 3 years ago

I use demul. Always works for me.

#3 3 years ago

I really like Demul's accuracy, but the pitch change when the emulator slows down kills the experience if you're not on a mid range or high end CPU. I played Rayman 2 (the definitive edition) flawlessly otherwise a few years ago. Has the pitch change been removed?

#4 3 years ago

Redream is great and actively being updated and maintained. I think he's looking for a $5 donation. If you're starting a Dreamcast thread on a pinball site, it's easily worth $50 to you.

#5 3 years ago

Redream with donation it is!

The one thing I can't figure out is when using Big Box and selecting Dreamcast, it still opens up the Redream screen for me to pick the game.

Is there a way around this? It doesn't happen with the other emulators.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Redream with donation it is!
The one thing I can't figure out is when using Big Box and selecting Dreamcast, it still opens up the Redream screen for me to pick the game.
Is there a way around this? It doesn't happen with the other emulators.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Big Box, I use Hyperspin. Perhaps Big Box has an update available?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demul-or-redream- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.