“Demolition vs BlackRose”

• Demolition Man 38 votes
    79%
  • BlackRose 10 votes
    21%

(48 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

Can you give me your opinions!?
Same price, and same conditions... I only have espace for one machine, maybe demolition because is a bit deeper in rules no?

Best regards

#2 10 years ago

Demolition man. Since new code has been released for it, you've got essentially two games to play for the price of one. I like the looks of Black Rose more than I like the play - which is still good, just not great.

Demo Man has a ton of flowing shots. The rules aren't that deep, really.

#3 10 years ago

I'm in the Demo Man fan club...like it more than BR. Comboing those ramps feels so good

#4 10 years ago

more opinions?

#5 10 years ago

Demolition man for sure! Fun game with plenty to do, I've had one for about a year and haven't gotten tired of it.

#6 10 years ago

No blackrose lovers against the demo man!?

#7 10 years ago

Another vote for Demo Man!

#8 10 years ago

DM here. Love the game.

#9 10 years ago

Judging opinions sounds a great game... number 76 on top 100, maybe underated?

#10 10 years ago

I love DM. It is underrated in my opinion. Some people complain that it is too shallow and it is just a multiball fest. You can essentially just ignore all the claw modes except the ball freeze. Also the left side of the playfield is dominated by 2 captive ball shots. This is all true, but DM makes up for it with great flow and a fun theme. Simple but addictive. It's a keeper for me.

I owned a Black Rose for a while. I agree with others. It looked really fun and had a beautiful cab, but it couldn't maintain my interest after a couple months.

#11 10 years ago

DM vote. Great play field design, flow, epic music. The theme may not be the best, then again, it would probably be a 6-8k machine otherwise.

#12 10 years ago

The new ROM to Demolition doesnt give a bit more of deep in terms of rules? thanks for all of your replys

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

The new ROM to Demolition doesnt give a bit more of deep in terms of rules? thanks for all of your replys

As of now, I don't think of it as hugely deeper. It has another wizard mode and three video modes that the original doesn't have....

#14 10 years ago

BR is more enjoyable to play for me. I usually enjoy wide-body games, but not DM.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

As of now, I don't think of it as hugely deeper. It has another wizard mode and three video modes that the original doesn't have....

A bit then?

#16 10 years ago

The new rom is a nice addition but it needs a lot of polish to be left in the game permanently...so do not figure that in your decision. DM has more staying power than BR. I've played both and actually like BR but DM has more going for it.

#17 10 years ago

Nice nice... all the opinions are welcome

#18 10 years ago

I own both. They both can be very brutal. BR is a more attractive machine overall.

#19 10 years ago

+1 vote for DM. Great player. Now I've got to get the new software and see what new stuff I'm missing.
BR is a cool non-licensed theme, but IMO she gets a major spanking from the DM.
(I think she kinda likes it tho~~)

#20 10 years ago

+1 vote on Demo man. Great game that you can generally get for a reasonable price.

#21 10 years ago

+1 vote for DM.
More I play it...the more it grows on me.
Tons of shots....more fun w/ profane roms.

Black Rose....OK game...but I cannot get over that straight down the middle wire ramp..dives me nuts and impedes my playfield view.
Better looking pin...but not the better playing pin...and the cannon is high maintenance I have been told.

#22 10 years ago

DM hands down!

#23 10 years ago

My Demo man flows like butter and really jumps out with some LEDs. Haven't played BR enough to compare the two however.

#24 10 years ago

Big advantage to Demolition Man... Why is not rated higher? Theme?

#25 10 years ago

I owned black rose for quite awhile. Tho, it looks fantastic. It's clucky and the rules are not written very well.

Demo man is far superior in play. for the long haul, i'd take Demo man.

#26 10 years ago

I love my DM.

If you like flow, combos and multiball this game is for you. And if you are a fan of 90's action movies even better

#27 10 years ago

DM is a great game with weak theme.. BR is a good theme with weak, clunky play.

#28 10 years ago

Yes i love 90´s action movies...

#29 10 years ago

fuck anyone who shits on the DM theme! go play with your robe and wizards hat, DM is all 90s maCHEESEmo!

#30 10 years ago

I have to agree. Demolition man as a movie, is very fun and entertaining.

Btw, you have been fined 50 credits for use of profanity.

#31 10 years ago

I've never seen it, but I've been told that Demo Man as a movie is very tongue-in-cheek, much like Starship Troopers is....

And I actually liked Starship Troopers....

#32 10 years ago

DM ..No question. Not even close... Williams Superpin. Black Rose is a great theme. Not a great game.

#33 10 years ago

Please you have to see the movie tamoore, so good... imho

Have you already seen this?

http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1028&d=1335213289

#34 10 years ago

is there anything about sea shells or rat burgers in the home roms?

#35 10 years ago

lol no there isn't... ha ha ha..... he does not know how to use the 3 shells..says deuce bigelow....lol

#36 10 years ago

Owned both but have had 6 DM's and only 1 BR, DM is always welcome back!

#37 10 years ago

And if i join BSD for a one pin collection? Is far superior to DM?

Thanks again

3 weeks later
#38 10 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

And if i join BSD for a one pin collection? Is far superior to DM?
Thanks again

I played a BSD the other day. It is gorgeous, but I wouldnt say its superior to DM. DM may even be a better game. BSD is the flavor of the month!

#39 10 years ago

This is all so subjective, but I think Demolition Man is superior enough to Dracula as to be in a completely different class of games. I think Demolition Man is top shelf. (I'm talking game play. It is butt ugly.)

Haven't played enough Black Rose to have an opinion.

#40 10 years ago

Ugly? Just because of that backglass? Playfield layout doesnt see bad at all...

But dracula seems so intense, but maybe more shallow not?

#41 10 years ago

I think Demolition Man is one of the biggest disparities between game play and appearance in pinball. The playfield art, color palette, theme, back glass it's all just pretty awful. Cool toys, awesome shots, good enough rules, great sounds all make up for it. (But don't raise the price )

#42 10 years ago

Demo man has A LOT of wasted PF space. Its a widebody but the whole left side of the PF is useless.

#43 10 years ago

joekiss, is seems that someone wrote a new code with new rules, and the left side of the PF is better now...
But i didnt test the new code...

#44 10 years ago

Don't think it would matter. It has the cars and the roadway.

#45 10 years ago

I own BSD and DM. Both are great games. DM is all about flow and combos, while BSD is about accuracy and control. They work well together in my collection. Never owned black rose.

#46 10 years ago

I have a DM for sale in Athens, OH $1750 obo if anybody is interested

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Wheaton-glenmont, MD
$ 81.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-vs-blackrose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.