Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

32B1B63D-09B8-4762-895C-B76E01428923 (resized).jpeg
    20220720_174104.jpg
    20220713_225714.jpg
    6C82F5D4-68AA-4ECE-9FC6-81BDF01D927E (resized).jpeg
    B57D45AD-11A0-4E44-996C-506C97FAB215 (resized).jpeg
    3FC084FB-CF46-495D-B2F1-0F6EF20DE07B (resized).jpeg
    BE99748C-F71D-45E7-BAA1-1FE34F015311 (resized).png
    7A0CDA4C-8468-461F-B9D7-EB90C29BDDAB.gif
    The_great_cornholi (resized).jpg
    A3F07C78-D451-4AE8-A3A6-AF52A8AF1B36.gif
    AFE8D795-84D4-4E43-AF75-7A92607717E4.gif
    Screenshot_20220813-061809_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220813-061827_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220812-234014~2.png
    Screenshot_20220812-234150~2.png
    F8521CE6-C7F6-41B9-A0C0-09D3489AC707 (resized).jpeg
    There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I dont get the hostility here. Did I say I'm coming to your house and cutting off your DM handles? No.. I simply asked if anyone has done this, and that they were something I didn't care for on MY game. Keyword... MY GAME, not yours. I dont give a fuck wether you feel it's pointless or not, I don't need your permission to alter MY game. Have a good weekend.

Do whatever you want with it, idgaf. You clearly wanted some attention though, otherwise why even post here? Cut them off and have fun trying to sell it later. It's your 3rd? How come number 1 and 2 didn't get hacked up?

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I got the time and money, and I don't mind putting in the effort to enjoy something a little more. You ever mod a car? A computer? Why do we have to treat pinball like they're artifacts? Like im desecrating such a beloved piece of history / art, it's a fuckin Demo man calm down.

Quoted from Coindork:

So the handles are the ugliest part of Demolition Man now?
    Guess that makes the translite number two on the ugly list.

The translite IMO is THE ugliest in the hobby... right behind The Flintstones with Rosie O'Donnell

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

So the handles are the ugliest part of Demolition Man now?
    Guess that makes the translite number two on the ugly list.

Playfield is still number 1, then the handles, then translite.

Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

The translite IMO is THE ugliest in the hobby... right behind The Flintstones with Rosie O'Donnell

I mean i get it you're cumming out hard to get a rise and make a splash but....you're also speaking the truth so I can't really complain.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Do whatever you want with it, idgaf. You clearly wanted some attention though, otherwise why even post here? Cut them off and have fun trying to sell it later. It's your 3rd? How come number 1 and 2 didn't get hacked up?

Why are you so bothered by the fact someone can buy a machine, and mod it the way they want too.. without giving a shit if they lose any money at all on it when and IF they decide to sell.... Its a toy bro, not my end all be all. Calm down, stop taking this so personal. You don't have to buy MY game.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

What about last action hero

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

You mad bro? You're clearly bothered by the fact someone can buy a machine, and mod it the way they want too.. without giving a shit if they lose any money at all on it when trying to sell.... Its a toy bro, not my end all be all. Calm down, stop taking this so personal. You don't have to buy MY game.

How am I bothered when I said I don't give a fuck? Again, you're just seeking attention. Post a video of you chopping them off with a cutoff saw. I'll toss a thumbs up your way for that

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

How am I bothered when I said I don't give a fuck? Again, you're just seeking attention. Post a video of you chopping them off with a cutoff saw. I'll toss a thumbs up your way for that

You must pay someone to work on your games.. so read closely.. its 8 fuckin screws.. its a torx bit.. research that so you know what I'm talking about. You insert into said screws.. rotate left untill they blackout completely, and voila.. the handles are loose and you can pull them off the game. After unhooking the button connection.

Thanks for giving me the attention I've been looking for!
    Now, go to bed Boomer, you're cranky.

#58 1 year ago
    Screenshot_20220812-234150~2.pngScreenshot_20220812-234150~2.png
    #59 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

What about last action hero

Ohh haha. Well I was only talking Bally / Williams.
    Data east has a shit ton of terrible ugly ass art. LAH is awful, but my vote goes to Baywatch.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Data east has a shit ton of terrible ugly ass art. LAH is awful, but my vote goes to Baywatch.

Baywatch is a top ten game. I'll die on that sword....

#61 1 year ago
    Screenshot_20220812-234014~2.pngScreenshot_20220812-234014~2.png
    #62 1 year ago

It's for Removal!!!

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I got the time and the money, and I don't mind putting in the effort to enjoy something a little more. You ever mod a car? A computer? A house?? Why do we have to treat pinball like they're artifacts? Like im desecrating such a beloved piece of history / art, it's a Demo man everybody, calm down.

Then why make a whole thread about it and fight every differing opinion? You gonna sit here and talk about it all day or just do it already so you can enjoy it? The first step to "calming down" is not making a thread, then arguing with eveyone...it's just doing what you want in the first place and ACTUALLY not caring what anyone thinks. So you get started yet or what?

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Then why make a whole thread about it and fight every differing opinion? You gonna sit here and talk about it all day or just do it already so you can enjoy it? The first step to "calming down" is not making a thread, then arguing with eveyone...it's just doing what you want in the first place and ACTUALLY not caring what anyone thinks. So you get started yet or what?

For the last time.. I asked "HAS ANYONE DONE THIS?? ANYONE HAVE ANY PICS?!"

And nahh, im out.. its Friday night..

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I wasn't looking for an opinion. Reread this ^^^ a few more times.. maybe the fog will clear and you'll grasp it a little more.

Clearly no one has had a dumbass idea like this before and you're a pioneer. Continue as planned, although I really think you should use a cutoff saw and film it. If you're going to butcher it, you might as well make it glorious

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I wasn't looking for an opinion. Reread this ^^^ a few more times.. maybe the fog will clear and you'll grasp it a little better.

You asked that...then LOTS of other questions...four in the post I quoted in fact. So far it seems like no one has done this.. Did you read all the responses yet? Maybe scroll back through all the posts and the fog will clear. I wasn't looking for an opinion either ^^^.

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Clearly no one has had a dumbass idea like this before and you're a pioneer. Continue as planned, although I really think you should use a cutoff saw and film it. If you're going to butcher it, you might as well make it glorious

I really think you should take your blood pressure medication since it seems you're all riled up boomer. Wouldn't want you to have a fuckin stroke here becuase someone is messing with a machine you obviously love and care soo soo much about. Tell you what, ill film cutting those handles off, if you film setting that bullshit Maverick on fire.

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I really think you should take your blood pressure medication since it seems you're all riled up boomer. Wouldn't want you to have a fuckin stroke here becuase someone is messing with a machine you obviously love and care soo soo much about. Tell you what, ill film cutting those handles off, if you film setting that bullshit Maverick on fire.

I'm 40 bozo, nowhere near a boomer. I think you might need some therapy

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

You're older than tha

Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Whatever you say boomer.

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Whatever you say Boomer.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Thanks for the permission Dad.

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I dont get the hostility here. Did I say I'm coming to your house and cutting off your DM handles? No.. I simply asked if anyone has done this, and that they were something I didn't care for on MY game. Keyword... MY GAME, not yours. I dont give a fuck wether you feel it's pointless or not, I don't need your permission to alter MY game. Have a good weekend.

You must be a nooob! . I feel so bad i can't be blessed with an additional 8 yrs of glory on Pinside.

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

You keep Maverick of this! God damnit maverick is great!!

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

You must be a nooob! . I feel so bad i can't be blessed with an additional 8 yrs of glory on Pinside.

You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!!!

#75 1 year ago

You could remove and add them to your shadow

Screenshot_20220813-061809_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220813-061809_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220813-061827_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220813-061827_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #76 1 year ago

I don't always rage tilt, but when I do it's on Demo Man. The handles are perfect for this reason alone.

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Thanks for the permission Dad.

Keep the handles please! I just don’t see the hate towards them.

A3F07C78-D451-4AE8-A3A6-AF52A8AF1B36.gifA3F07C78-D451-4AE8-A3A6-AF52A8AF1B36.gifAFE8D795-84D4-4E43-AF75-7A92607717E4.gifAFE8D795-84D4-4E43-AF75-7A92607717E4.gif
    #78 1 year ago
    Quoted from Toby:

You could remove and add them to your shadow
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Haha the ingenuity! Shadow is my favorite game of all time.. So seeing this did make my heart palpitate.

#79 1 year ago

I'm new to this thread. What'd I miss?

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

Not much besides grown ass men arguing over handles on their thousand dollar toys.

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

It is a short read like the TS4 club thread. Get started.

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

What do you need pics for? IT'S 8 FUCKING SCREWS!!!!

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from cards25:

What do you need pics for? IT'S 8 FUCKING SCREWS!!!!

Talking about pics after a conversion dumbass. Can you fuckin read?

#84 1 year ago

G...F...Y!! Like you said, its only 8 screws. Take them off if thats what you want to do. If you like it, leave them off. If not, put them back on. What is so difficult about that?

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from cards25:

G...F...Y!! Like you said, its only 8 screws. Take them off if thats what you want to do. If you like it, leave them off. If not, put them back on. What is so difficult about that?

I'm gonna ram these fuckin handles up your ass

#86 1 year ago

^^^^^I'm gonna ram these fuckin handles up your ass^^^^^

"I need these handles for my bunghole"

The_great_cornholi (resized).jpgThe_great_cornholi (resized).jpg

#87 1 year ago

Last night, I assumed some of the participants of this thread were overindulging and boisterously posting. Now I'm lost. I think this is one of the most passionate threads about the dumbest topic I've seen on here.

#88 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Last night, I assumed some of the participants of this thread were overindulging and boisterously posting. Now I'm lost. I think this is one of the most passionate threads about the dumbest topic I've seen on here.

LOL.. I know about 3 years ago I saw someone had just bought a demo man with no handles.. Everyone was complaining about the missing handles.. But that might be a good photo of it. Definitely some floating around without handles.

#89 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

LOL.. I know about 3 years ago I saw someone had just bought a demo man with no handles.. Everyone was complaining about the missing handles.. But that might be a good photo of it. Definitely some floating around without handles.

See, I saw that same pic.. and that's what I was looking for!

#90 1 year ago
    7A0CDA4C-8468-461F-B9D7-EB90C29BDDAB.gif7A0CDA4C-8468-461F-B9D7-EB90C29BDDAB.gif
    #91 1 year ago

The handles are useful, I hang my camera bag from them.

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

See, I saw that same pic.. and that's what I was looking for!

Ejected from his own thread? Classic. Ibtl? Do I get moderated for posting that?

#94 1 year ago

Somewhere, there is a thread where a guy put the handles on all of his games. Classic!

#95 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Playfield is still number 1, then the handles, then translite.

I mean i get it you're cumming out hard to get a rise and make a splash but....you're also speaking the truth so I can't really complain.

Playfield is the same art style as AFM.

#96 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Ejected from his own thread? Classic. Ibtl? Do I get moderated for posting that?

Nope.

#97 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Hey, now. I like Pam and the wife likes The Hoff. Win/win.

Can anyone recall from the movie why this game has the handles? I haven't seen the movie in a long time and can't remember.

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Don't mind me I will just be over here enjoying my ugly pins (he said as the sad piano music from the Incredible Hulk tv series plays in the background). Thankfully LAH came with the alt translight.

3FC084FB-CF46-495D-B2F1-0F6EF20DE07B (resized).jpeg3FC084FB-CF46-495D-B2F1-0F6EF20DE07B (resized).jpegBE99748C-F71D-45E7-BAA1-1FE34F015311 (resized).pngBE99748C-F71D-45E7-BAA1-1FE34F015311 (resized).png
    #99 1 year ago

As far as I can tell, there is absolutely no good reason (from the movie) for the game to have handles. If there are big metal handles in the movie, I don't remember them. And I think I watched that movie 20 times one summer when it was on cable every day.

Another mystery is what MTL stand for.

Doesn't really matter, just seems to be a bit of a hodge podge of stuff in that game.

#100 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Hey, now. I like Pam and the wife likes The Hoff. Win/win.
    Can anyone recall from the movie why this game has the handles? I haven't seen the movie in a long time and can't remember.

Handles are to simulate the CRYO claw machine. IIRC, Phoenix is controlling this near the end of the movie.

There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-without-handles/page/2?hl=atari_daze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.