• Latest reply 3 years ago by kmcmorris
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20201109_174647 (resized).jpg
2019-02-02 14_20_45-WPC ribbon cable to reseat - Paint (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kmcmorris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hey All,
Picked up this pin about a week ago, works fine except for a out of range claw, here's my issue: Moved my pins upstairs to new gsme room, all went smoothly, no bumps.. game fired up fine besides the usual claw out of range that i reset with test mode, played a game, no issues. we were in the other room talking, when i hear a "pop", go in the room, demo man has reset itself, and the display is readable, but has "noise" going on with the display, like extra pixels around the words.
I do smell a little burning smell, but also had my Future Spa running, which i just changed the rectifier board on, didnt smell anything on behind Demos backglass.
turned it off, went to dinner, on returning, fired it up, it started, had the same "noisy" display, then after a few seconds, went off. Now when i fire it up, nothing besides the single tone..
All LED's are lit, except for D20. test points all seem to show correct voltages, except for TP6, which was showing 78v, i read thats normal though. No general lighting anywhere.
Not sure if it had anything to do with moving the game, it went way smoother than moving it from where i purchased it to my place, since I purchased it, it's always made a distinct crack when i turn it on or off.
this one might be above my pay grade, any help would be much appreciated..

#4 3 years ago

The game has been set to Freeplay. I didnt check behind the coin door after the first issue, but i checked behind the backglass and no smell that i noticed like in the room. I just tried removing the ribbon cable pinballmaniac said and reset it in, no change. the cryoclaw did move a little to out of range on the left side, but nothing else. I did leave it unplugged all night. Odd not a single light anywhere besides the LED's. I tested all fuses I could find on all the boards last night. Checked them in socket. all tested good. Alot of them had continuity between adjacent fuses on the same board.

#7 3 years ago

That makes sense, I'll pull them all and test when I get home, thank you!

#10 3 years ago

I got home, went with GPS's suggestion and pulled one leg on all the fuses, all tested good.. plugged it back in, and this time got nothing, not even the single tone, but all leds are on on the boards. So I started unplugging and plugging in connectors, as per Newovad, pushed in on all the sound eproms, I assume thats what they are, tried again, and the game came to life! but no sound at all. Maybe I should try playing around with the sound board connectors more? I'm including a pic, are these older eproms? I think i was more messing with the aux board next to it. any directions on getting the sound back?
Really appreciate all the help..

IMG_20201109_174647 (resized).jpgIMG_20201109_174647 (resized).jpg
#12 3 years ago

OK, I'm an idiot.. when I popped 1 leg on all the fuses, I forgot to push 2 back in.. ON THE SOUND BOARD!, thanks midcoastsurf for making me go back and look for any missed test points..
Now i just need to figure out the out of range problem every time I turn the game on for the first time.. Yes! Im back in business..

#13 3 years ago

that was, out of range on the claw.. always shoots of to the left when powered up, I reset every time in claw test settings and it's fine til next time. I pulled the claw out and cleaned the opto board, tested the resistors and diodes, all good. and if the arm works fine during game play, I would assume that means optos are fine.. something with startup..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 81.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 72.95
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kmcmorris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-was-working-fine-now-no-start?tu=kmcmorris and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.