(Topic ID: 14416)

Demolition Man vs. The Shadow Deathmatch.... with a small twist....

By kwiKimart

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which pin/film is better?”

• Demolition Man 18 votes
    53%
  • The Shadow 16 votes
    47%

(34 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 12 years ago

After watching Demolition Man last night, I've come to a small dilemma. Which pin AND movie is better: TS or DM?

#2 12 years ago

Ugh. Shadow movie was awful! Great pin. Haven't played enough DM to judge and the movie was too long ago to remember. I think it was awful too. I can't vote.

#3 12 years ago

The Shadow pin/movie combo wins out based on TS pinball alone

#4 12 years ago

I have both machines sitting next to each other and love both of them! Tough call on pins but I think TS is the better of the two but close. Movie wise neither are Academy Award winners but think DM is more fun to watch. So combining the two categories as criteria, it's a wash for me.

#5 12 years ago

They are both such great pins, but I have gone for shadow due to it having more modes than DM....

#6 12 years ago

Shadow pin is better, but i thought Demolition Man was a better movie than the Shadow.

#7 12 years ago

THAT'S NOT FAIR!! The Shadow is the better pin, and Demo Man is the better movie!!

Post edited by Blakesell : cursed beat me to it in the 30 seconds it took me to type it up. Dang.

#8 12 years ago

If Demolition Man pinball had focused on Sandra Bullock, it would be worth twice as much.

#9 12 years ago

The TS pin is better than the DM one. But they're both good and fun to play.

Demolition Man the movie looks like Lawrence of Arabia when compared to The Shadow. The Shadow is TERRIBLE and Alec Baldwin is somehow Chinese in it... How did this happen?!? Conversely, Demolition Man is good campy fun and has Dennis Leary robbing Taco Bell.

No contest... Demolition Man wins.

#10 12 years ago

lol everyones saying the Shadow was such a bad film but for some reason I kinda liked it for what it was worth...

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

The Shadow is the better pin, and Demo Man is the better movie!!

+1 That's what I first thought.

I honestly think both films have both great and awful moments throughout.

#12 12 years ago

They are so cheesy thats what you expect....

#13 12 years ago

Once in a while, I do enjoy cheesy bad films. However, I just sat through not one, but TWO animated Titanic films, and MY GOD, I must share the humanity with everyone else on how awful this films are. I will spare you time so here's two reviews on the animated Titanic films.

If you can sit through all of this, you should get 1000 extra points.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from Cursed:

Shadow pin is better, but i thought Demolition Man was a better movie than The Shadow.

DITO

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from Cursed:

Shadow pin is better, but i thought Demolition Man was a better movie than The Shadow.

+1

#16 12 years ago

I actually like the DM movie alot. Great humor, social satire, and both leads are great.

I am going to stick up for TS movie. My father was stationed in England during his time in the US Navy - and they replayed many of the old transcrption discs (or ETs) of the Shadow which was mostly on the Mutual Radio Network from 1938 to 1954. This show was very popular when it was being aired.

Long story short, my father through Radio Reruns, played the shows for us as we grew up. We would play them at night, as we were falling asleep. It was a great experience - scared the living hell out of me, but once The Shadow's laugh came on, out of the dark - it was like the calvary arrived!

I am no fan of Baldwin, - but the movie did a great job of blending the radio Shadow (no guns, but could turn invisivble) with the pulp version (guns, could not turn himself invisible). The scene on the bridge were he saves the sciencetist is right out of the radio show - and I love those 5 minutes or so almost more than any other film I have seen. My childhood hero in the flesh and done very well. There are a couple of other great scenes, when he takes on the mongol warriors - is pinned to the wall and "comes out of" the shadows into the being scene. The scene where he takes on Tim Curry's charcter is great too.

Yes, it could have been better and the villain should not have been played with so much camp, but it is a great movie and for fans of the famous radio and pulp charcter from so many decades ago, it's fantastic.

And the pin is great!

#17 12 years ago

Wasn't a fan of either movie, (I'll give a slight nod to Demolition Man)..think DM pin is good, the shadow pin amazing...and since this is pinside and not imdb...I'm voting shadow...

#18 12 years ago

What is with Tim curry in these bad movies made into pins. TS and Congo. Any others?

#19 12 years ago

have owned both still have DM...much better flow not as deep.
Movies are both flops but DM more interesting from what I have seen of each (clips)

#20 12 years ago

TS is a really under rated pin.

TS movie......cheesy......but way more fun than I expected and is well integrated into the gameplay.

#21 12 years ago

I haven't watched The Shadow ( movie ) I sold TS mainly because i didn't understand it . Play'd Fine !! . DM , I Liked the Movie and the Pin.. The Same with BSD , Love the Movie & Love the Pin ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 72.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-vs-the-shadow-deathmatch-with-a-small-twist?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.