“Which game do you prefer?”

• Demolition Man 31 votes
    55%
  • Baywatch 25 votes
    45%

(56 votes)

#1 4 years ago

Hey folks!
I tried to research this as much as I could before turning to making a thread, but I’m still feeling equally about the two.
So if you don’t mind helping me out, which route would you go? Demolition Man or Baywatch?
If it helps, I’m fairly new to pinball (actively playing and owning for around a year). I currently have 4 pins, but most are very light on rulesets. I like both themes pretty equally, though if I had to I’d give a slight edge to the demolition man theme. Most of my guests are very casual players.
This is currently a theoretical question, but in the near future I may be pin shopping again, so I thought I’d ask this now out of curiosity.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

#2 4 years ago

I like Baywatch a lot. If I found one in superior condition at a good price, I'd buy it. Someone who has had more time on Demo Man will have to give an opinion as to that one.

#3 4 years ago

Baywatch over Demo/man!! try Baywatch with a color DMD! Its awesome!! Fun to play and watch!!

#4 4 years ago

I have both. Baywatch has more rules to dig into, but the theme doesn't really do it for me. I think I prefer demo man. It's got great sound, a cool toy. The main thing though is that baywatch feels pretty grindy. To do anything you need to shoot a shot three times. To get multiball you need to complete three banks of drop targets and shoot the lock three times. It gets repetitive. Demo man keeps you moving around. Modes are at the claw. The claw a lit by the inlane. The inlane is lit by the pop lanes. Etc

#5 4 years ago

I own both games and I enjoy them a lot but I tend to play demo many more so i vote Demo Man.

#6 4 years ago

I have owed both. DM is the better of the two but there are a bunch of better games than these two.

#7 4 years ago

I own both (BW is there only machine I have owned twice). I have more time on Baywatch and prefer it more right now.

4 flippers with lots of ramps and wireforms on Baywatch. Color DMD is awesome.

3 flippers and great flow on Demolition Man. I keep the claw on though others disable it to improve the flow even more.

Code isn't extremely deep on either but shots are satisfying on both. Mode start for Baywatch is shooting a shot 3 times but the modes themselves will vary.

I am going to vote for Baywatch but you will be happy with either

#8 4 years ago

Demo man is a flow monster with constant multi-ball. Baywatch has tons if shots and the game is hilarious. I like them both but give the edge to demo man because of the flow.

#9 4 years ago

Thanks for all the input and votes so far, I appreciate it.
It sounds like demo man might be a bit more novice friendly, as multiball is easier to start, and it has the novelty triggers. But that baywatch is a deeper ruleset/mode pin, so it would challenge for longer. I’ll have to continue to give it more thought.
Thanks again everyone!

#10 4 years ago

I would definitely go with baywatch.

#11 4 years ago

Both games have aftermarket code, unless you've compared both with the upgraded code it's not much of a comparison. I have and I take Baywatch.

#12 4 years ago

Baywatch

#13 4 years ago

I own both but i'd give the edge to DM. Can't go wrong with either. Go for whichever is the better deal.

#14 4 years ago

Doing a trade soon for a demilition man. I will update when I get it home next to baywatch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-vs-baywatch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.