• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2496.JPG
IMG_2490.JPG
IMG_2509.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockinganker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I hate the term restoration as I feel it gets used incorrectly. I am called this project a thorough shop job and I'll let you be the judge. I posted this over on Maaca.org and PinballRevolution.com but thought I would share with Pinside.

Latest Project – Demolition Man
Date Started – November 22nd, 2013
Dated Completed – December 23rd, 2013

I purchased a couple of machines from a friend with the intention of cleaning them up. I enjoy working on arcade games and pins as much, if not more, than playing them and these machines were a purchase close to home.

I originally bought STTNG and DM but quickly sold STTNG as I wasn’t “feeling” it. With STTNG gone, I started into Demolition Man. Normally I have two pins but since STTNG was gone and I was ripping apart DM, I had no other machine to actually play. I made a post or two on various forums and on Kijiji looking for another machine with no luck. Oh well, maybe that kept me on track.

I was in a real Stern kick for awhile but have moved back to Williams. Nothing wrong with Stern it’s just how things worked out.

I basically took this entire machine apart. Every harness, every bolt, every screw, everything was removed and either cleaned or tumbled. I sanded the bottom of the playfield clean, removed all mylar and wax and cleaned the top side with alcohol and magic eraser. Wax was reapplied and buffed to a mirror shine. All coils were rewrapped, cleaned and new sleeves installed. All flippers were rebuilt, pop bumpers rebuilt, Custom Cliffy bumper posts used, all new star posts installed and all bulbs and flashers replaced with led.

I made new wood playfield rails, regrained everything. The backbox was stripped down, repaired and new head decals applied. I even polished the metal plate the boards attach to as well as tumbling everything. The cabinet was painted and the bottom was sanded clean. The underside of the cabinet was also sanded clean. All the edges were hit with a paint marker, NOT a Sharpie.

Pinball Pro sub installed and every wire in every IDC connector was reseated with the right size punch. All light boards were reflowed, pins and light pads and all new correct cabinet stickers applied.

The game turned out great and it plays super fast. I’m sure that I am forgetting stuff but I didn’t want to write a novel.
Here are some pics, enjoy.

Here is a link for pictures: https://plus.google.com/photos/114162031528422404486/albums/5960762483906800193

IMG_2509.JPGIMG_2509.JPGIMG_2496.JPGIMG_2496.JPGIMG_2490.JPGIMG_2490.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
$ 85.00
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockinganker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-thorough-shop-job?tu=rockinganker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.