(Topic ID: 174684)

Demolition Man skill shot only making it sometimes.

By supermoot

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mitch1985
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I've tried almost everything, and it seems to drop into the mtl lanes like 30 percent of the time. The gate does not appear to be interfering, when it doesn't make it; it hits the lane the super gets wireform attaches to. ie too low to make the whole orbit. I've played with pitch and level, tried a few different spots for the plunger, and different coil winding strengths on the auto plunge. The only thing left is to pull the ramps and noodle with the habitrail.

Has anyone encountered this or is it just demo-man life?
Thanks!

#2 2 years ago

Mine makes it to the upper flipper 100% of the time.

#3 2 years ago

Mine does it too. Hadn't really bothered me. I think it's just the shape of the the curved rail.

#4 2 years ago

I just had a look at mine, there is nothing the ball should hit when it is launched. The gate is only for shots going up the left lane and should not come into effect for launched balls. Is the ball hitting something at the top or just does not have enough speed?

#5 2 years ago

It doesn't appear to be hitting anything. I think sometimes it does not transition smoothly to the ball guide. I worked on adjusting the level a bit more and got it to ~80%.

#6 2 years ago

Seems to me it has to be something mechanical. Check for proper coil,should be AE-23-800 should read just under 5 ohms, replace the coil sleeve and check that the plunger is hitting the centre of the ball.

#7 2 years ago

if you shoot the right loop does the ball make it to the upper flipper?

#8 2 years ago

mine has always had this issue. Demolition man is known for auto-launch issues. I've got a new plunger , new bracket, updated plunger and tried adjusting it many times. Mine makes it to the upper flipper like 60%of the time but if you shoot the right orbit it goes around 100%. Im trying to put a auto-launch mech in mine from a ngg or congo because they hit the ball on both sides like a stern autolaunch mech, instead of a single small plunger in the middle like on Williams games.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Seems to me it has to be something mechanical. Check for proper coil,should be AE-23-800 should read just under 5 ohms, replace the coil sleeve and check that the plunger is hitting the centre of the ball.

Yes. done and done.

Quoted from smiley:

if you shoot the right loop does the ball make it to the upper flipper?

yup

#11 2 years ago

Sounds like the shooter lane shape and transition to the wire-form tamp are off. A little wiggle on the way up will take a lot of energy out.

#12 2 years ago

Oh, I had not seen this thread! It also offers a possible solution, thanks!

#13 2 years ago

Im gonna try installing this, wasn't gonna post about it till i tried it.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3673

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.95
$ 269.99
3,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Omaha, NE
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Saint Petersburg, FL
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 47.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Mascouche, QC
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plainfield, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 28.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside