Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200122_174922 (resized).jpg
20200122_174919 (resized).jpg
20200122_174907 (resized).jpg
94695B69-11B8-4F14-991F-E981D4252C52 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

In my demolition man I am currently running h-5 with profanity, soren and non ghosting led patch.
It works fine but I get a credit dot for u6 cmos error.
With just led and profanity no issues.
With just soren no issues.
With all 3 credit dot.

Anyone else have this issue?
Also what's the difference between h-5 and h-6.

Thanks

#2 5 years ago

Dinner bump

#3 5 years ago

I thought the h-5 was without profanity and h-6 was with?
and what led patch?

I got the soren and h-6 working, but haven't ever tried the led patch, cause I've never heard of it. ( I have a lot of ghosting led's as well)
then I got the soren and lx_4 working, because I found out h-6 it was freeplay only.

#4 5 years ago

Led patch is for any wpc game. Stops the inserts from ghosting. Fixes a lamp matrix issue. It's amazing how well it work.
I'm not sure how it works. I have a local guy that makes my roms. He wasn't sure what the difference was between h-5 and h-6 were. He said he uses h-5 with the profanity patch

#5 5 years ago

What callouts are changed in the profanity roms? How bad is the language? Not sure if I want to put it in or not.

#6 5 years ago

Stallion says stuff like "be fucked" when you drain.
Titl warning is stallion saying "fuck you" tilt is "punk ass motherfucker"
So ya...

#7 5 years ago

Thanks

#8 5 years ago

Bump anyone

#10 5 years ago

Anyone out there running profanity, led and soren patch all at the same time?

#11 5 years ago

I run the profanity.

It is not just sound.
The display spells it out for you as well.

#13 5 years ago

Make sure you are patching the correct ROM. Soren's patch is probably for a specific version and may not work right if you use others.

I think you would want patch Stock ROM -> Soren -> LED.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Make sure you are patching the correct ROM. Soren's patch is probably for a specific version and may not work right if you use others.
I think you would want patch Stock ROM -> Soren -> LED.

Problem with that is you cant use the adult language patch with the stock rom

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Problem with that is you cant use the adult language patch with the stock rom

The way I understand Soren's patch tool works you must use the specific ROM intended for that patch. Appling the patch to a different ROM version you would probably end up with the a checksum error (credit dot?) and if the code is different enough you may get some unintended consequences like a lock up.

#16 5 years ago

If installed correctly, I don't think the ghosting patch would be the culprit. FWIW, I was running custom speech ROMs in my STTNG with the ghosting patch, and had no problems.

#17 5 years ago

Ya I've had custom speach and led no issue.
Soren by itself no issue
Soren and led checksum but worked fine

Just got a soren with custom speach and led patch today. Works perfect just has checksum error. Plays fine.

#18 5 years ago

So I guess my only question remaining is what's the difference between h-5 and h-6 versions

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

So I guess my only question remaining is what's the difference between h-5 and h-6 versions?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/tech/roms/demoman.html

Edit: Oops! I just realized that doesn't answer your question.

#20 5 years ago

Try contacting "destruk" over at VPForums. That guy will surely have some answers for you.

1 year later
#21 4 years ago

Got a rom question! I’m putting my new Demolition Man on location and the rom I purchased it with is Free Only, I cant seem to change it even in custom. Wondering if anyone out there could point me in the right direction on which rom to purchase and where?!

Thank you

94695B69-11B8-4F14-991F-E981D4252C52 (resized).jpeg94695B69-11B8-4F14-991F-E981D4252C52 (resized).jpeg
#22 4 years ago

My patches and the no LED ghost patch may be run in any order - I think. But to verify by the documented SHA1 in the Readme.txt, the order should be original->rules mod->no ghost. So that is recommended.

The SHA1 verification may be done with online services (just remember you share you data files with them). I recommend

http://onlinemd5.com/

Very easy to use. Remember to set it to SHA1.

Latest patches here...

LX-4:
tinyurl.com/uhxp7dq

LH-6:
tinyurl.com/vzqeg94

Thanks for the interest.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

My patches and the no LED ghost patch may be run in any order - I think. But to verify by the documented SHA1 in the Readme.txt, the order should be original->rules mod->no ghost. So that is recommended.
The SHA1 verification may be done with online services (just remember you share you data files with them). I recommend
http://onlinemd5.com/
Very easy to use. Remember to set it to SHA1.
Latest patches here...
LX-4:
tinyurl.com/uhxp7dq
LH-6:
tinyurl.com/vzqeg94
Thanks for the interest.

Have you been able to run the soren rom with led patch and custom sounds without getting a credit dot?

#24 4 years ago

A credit dot? That should be explained when entering the menu. What does it say?

No ghost LED patching is of no interest, sorry. As for the patcher tool, I assume it is just looking for a certain few lines of code and changes them, if found (later WPC games). Doesn't really matter what game it is. Or what revision. Or if it is fan modded.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

A credit dot? That should be explained when entering the menu. What does it say?
No ghost LED patching is of no interest, sorry. As for the patcher tool, I assume it is just looking for a certain few lines of code and changes them, if found (later WPC games). Doesn't really matter what game it is. Or what revision. Or if it is fan modded.

See post 17
Soren work good
Soren and led patch works good
Soren and led and custom speech works fine but credit dot and checksum error

#26 4 years ago

After you apply all the patches you want you will have to correct the checksum with something like WPCTool.... each patch possibly might be changing the overall rom checksum directly rather than in its local area.

For people wondering about the technical details of the ghosting patching, the author's explanation is here:
https://emmytech.com/arcade/led_ghost_busting/index.html

The patch program itself was removed at the request of the copyright holders, but all the information is still there for the reading.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

After you apply all the patches you want you will have to correct the checksum with something like WPCTool.... each patch possibly might be changing the overall rom checksum directly rather than in its local area.
For people wondering about the technical details of the ghosting patching, the author's explanation is here:
https://emmytech.com/arcade/led_ghost_busting/index.html
The patch program itself was removed at the request of the copyright holders, but all the information is still there for the reading.

This is way beyond me lol. If someone can make one with all three patches that doesnt give a credit dot I'll gladly buy it. Till then I am ok living with the credit dot.

#28 4 years ago

Please clarify. Is the checksum error in status report for the "sound board"? Or "u6"?

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Please clarify. Is the checksum error in status report for the "sound board"? Or "u6"?

I will check tonight.

#30 4 years ago

The error is for U6

20200122_174907 (resized).jpg20200122_174907 (resized).jpg20200122_174919 (resized).jpg20200122_174919 (resized).jpg20200122_174922 (resized).jpg20200122_174922 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#31 4 years ago

This LED fix whirlwind has caused much confusion. But also been a learning experience that is highly appreciated. I did not realise, that the "ghost fix" that was introduced by ??? in 2011 (thanks) was infact inspired by an upgrade in the lamp refresh procedure that Williams did themselves in 1994. No offense to the "ghost fix" but this legitimises the change to me. My thought about it was, that if it fixes how LED lamps appear, does that then make incadecent lamps worse.

I have decided to start using this upgrade. Which should make the mods work with LEDs out of the box. No need for secondary patching. And to update the previously released mods: Addams, Creature, Getaway and Demolition Man LX-4.

The Demolition Man LH-6, and the mod version of this, is already upgraded AND SHOULD NOT NEED TO BE PATCHED FOR NO LED GHOSTING.

If some of you experience that the Demolition Man LH-6 (factory and mod) has LED lamps appear as ghosting, please let me know.

If some of you would like to test the Demolition Man LX-4 mod with the no ghost change applied, please let me know.

#32 4 years ago

So which one of these versions works with the upgraded adult sound roms?

I'd love to get it from you to test out.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

So which one of these versions works with the upgraded adult sound roms?

LH-6 (factory and mod) is the swear sound ROMs version.

#34 4 years ago

I have my rom guy burning and shipping me one now. I'll test it out.

I sent him this link.

tinyurl.com/vzqeg94

#35 4 years ago

This is the LH-6 to use with the swear sound ROMs. I should have no LED ghosting out of the box. If you experience any, please let me know.

1 week later
#36 4 years ago

The LX-4 mod is updated with the LED friendly lamp procedure.

https://tinyurl.com/uopkv75

The LH-6 one is already updated from factory. No need for LED patching.

3 weeks later
#37 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Finally got around to installing this rom. It works perfect. No credit dot, no led ghosting, swearing working properly great job!!!

2 weeks later
#38 4 years ago

I need someone who will burn me a adult romset like above if possible - please pm me

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

I need someone who will burn me a adult romset like above if possible - please pm me

PM sent

#40 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me where to get the files so I can have adult roms and the fixes notes above?

Qweempose has kindly agreed to burn for me, need files. Or happy to buy a set from someone

Thanks

4 months later
#42 3 years ago

I'm in the same boat... can anyone pm me a link to the files (latest LH-6 mod)? Thanks

1 year later
#43 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Can you please post or PM a new link for these Demolition Man ROM(s)?

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Sensei:

Can you please post or PM a new link for these Demolition Man ROM(s)?

The home ROMs have been on ipdb for the longest time at the following:

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=662

If you use good quality LEDs, you shouldn't have any ghosting. I just did another DM about a year ago with LEDs in all GIs and inserts. Programmed ROMs with this home version found on ipdb and had zero issues with game errors or LED ghosting.

2 weeks later
#45 2 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

The home ROMs have been on ipdb for the longest time at the following:
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=662
If you use good quality LEDs, you shouldn't have any ghosting. I just did another DM about a year ago with LEDs in all GIs and inserts. Programmed ROMs with this home version found on ipdb and had zero issues with game errors or LED ghosting.

Understood. I was more curious about LX-4 image with the LED and Vulgar Speech patches. I see that some have commented about Soren's Patch Tool and patches for these items and wanted to experiment with them. I do have my own eeprom burner, UV eraser, and plenty of spare 27c040 to work with...just looking for the tools and patches, if someone can DM or email them. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 81.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 72.95
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-rom-options-and-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.